Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 00:54   #3166
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^OMG! I've been using a wax meant for light colors!

I'm switching to Marque D' Elegance!
the BEST for dark colours is Blackfire,which should be with you soon
Old 9th September 2010, 01:51   #3167
Senior - BHPian

^Nice! Thanks

I hope all this slushy monsoon gets over soon so that I can take my i20 out to the new driveway and detail there! (unfortunately that too is uncovered!!! :()
Old 9th September 2010, 08:36   #3168
BHPian

Garipagol - Thanks for the info on the Collinite, but im confused, reading reviews of people who have used Collinite 845 on dark colors & satisfied with the results. I myself have tried it on Black & Red, find a whole lot of difference, with a nice deep glow.
After reading this, am tempted to try out the 915

Sohail - Congrats on the machine purchase ! Have you started using it ? Looking forward to your updates of your new detailing bay ! I guess you can cover it up using some temporary covering like plastic sheets ?
Old 9th September 2010, 11:14   #3169
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone read or got any info on autoglym products? I see that they are popular in the UK.
Anything that is worth buying from the UK? I see that most products( megs) are much higher than from the US, not sure if there is something that is UK based and worth the effort to get it from there
Any inputs?
Old 9th September 2010, 12:16   #3170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^OMG! I've been using a wax meant for light colors!

I'm switching to Marque D' Elegance!

Its 3 and a half K !
Old 9th September 2010, 12:21   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Its 3 and a half K !
Did I got it right? 3500 for D'Elegence wax, where as 845 is available in 1223 to TBHP, almost 3 times the price?
Old 9th September 2010, 12:28   #3172
Senior - BHPian

I'd written to Sanjay as I was confused between 845 & 476. His reply on 476 is below:

Yes its a Paste wax, like most of waxes in the market & like Shoe polish.

476s is called Permanent Auto Wax as it last longer on a Car/Boat/Aeroplane, then any available in market all over the world.

It is detergent proof, means even if you wash you car using a car shampoo or take it through automatic car washes several time, it will not strip off easily.

It is more work & you would need help to put on a car.

The need for frequent waxing is basically eliminated to maintain the travel machines.

Actually, one 845 bottle should give a Swift atleast 8-10 single applications & as you learn & become more proficient you will apply less & less for better shine & protection.

For, 476s may be 3-4 times again depending on how good you are at waxing. It will last longer in any case & is more expensive.

Hope this helps in your decision.

However, with all said and done and as I'd written to sohail99 & notorious I am now looking for a wax that is not too heavy on pocket because the conditions my car is driven in (long road trip once every month and 50 kms of daily driving) a single wax coat would never stay on for more than a week and multiple layers of 845 would mean procuring multiple bottles of it.

I have been recommended TurtleWax Hard Shell wax but in case there are other better waxes which are in the 400-500 range please advise. The wax might not be that durable but should not contain abrasives that damage the paint if applied too often. (once a month or two) I mean I'm not really looking for the wax to stay on for very long because I know that no matter what I use it just wouldn't.

Last edited by fine69 : 9th September 2010 at 12:30.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:03   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately I myself have never come across such a wax!!

Before I got all the collinite and other stuff, I was looking for the exact same thing!

Light on pocket wax without abrasives etc.(really couldn't find any!!)

First ever non abrasive sealant I used was NXT TechWax2.0 and first ever non abrasive wax I used was collinite845!!

Formula1, TW hard shell/precision series, etc. all have abrasives!!
Eagle one nanowax has fillers and very minimal abrasives.

You can try it (I feel its better than TW precision series car wax)

@bottle - Yea! I got the quote and I was like, 'Whoa!!' .But since its a premium carnauba wax(beauty wax) I guess the price is justified.

In US you get Pinnacle souveran(again premium wax) for a little bit more(~5k)

I'll try it out if I'm able to buy it!
Old 9th September 2010, 14:59   #3174
BHPian

Wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

I have been recommended TurtleWax Hard Shell wax but in case there are other better waxes which are in the 400-500 range please advise. The wax might not be that durable but should not contain abrasives that damage the paint if applied too often. (once a month or two) I mean I'm not really looking for the wax to stay on for very long because I know that no matter what I use it just wouldn't.
Fine69:- If you are looking for good quality wax that is not had on the pocket - I would suggest go for the Platinum Series of wax from Turtle Wax. The was is in liquid form and hence easy to apply. I have used it on my cars and have loved the way it gives shine on the car.

Kailash
Old 9th September 2010, 15:52   #3175
BHPian

I just got to know about Sapphire Prewax cleaner 840, which looks like a product in the same category of Sonax Polish. Has anyone used it, any feedback of same?
Old 9th September 2010, 17:25   #3176
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it has abrasives!
Its just meant for cleaning/removing old wax layers, stubborn dirt and grime etc. before waxing.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:15   #3177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Garipagol - Thanks for the info on the Collinite, but im confused, reading reviews of people who have used Collinite 845 on dark colors & satisfied with the results. I myself have tried it on Black & Red, find a whole lot of difference, with a nice deep glow.
After reading this, am tempted to try out the 915
The 915 is Collinite's premium wax and so the price. If you look at all the manufacturers of wax products, they all have a so called top of the line product with a sucker price. I subscribe to the German philosophy - if the product is not high on protection it is not worth using - unless you are participating in a show car competition. Most of the premium waxes are Beauty products and are used as such. In that context I found the 845 to be a good wax product with a good measure of protection. I am happy with it. As they say a sealant gives you the shine and the wax gives you the depth. But the sealant lasts longer. So my vote goes for a good sealant. If you layer it - it gives you nice depth as well.

Here's what I have been doing for the last few weeks, I do not wash the car unless it is absolutely necessary during the week. Saturday I wash with Optimum NR (which does not strip the previous sealant) , put a layer of sealant, let the car sit thru Sunday. I have achieved a nice depth in the paint. The water beading has been is excellent. It beads in longitudinal way - the same direction I apply the sealant (the direction of wind flow over the surface). When I drive the water runs off.

I will look at waxing in Winter !!

You have a host of good sealants available Klasse, Wolfgang, DP, Blackfire, Menzerna etc. in the USD 25-45 range. Pretty much in the same ball park as the better waxes but surely a better bang for your $$ in terms of protection and longevity. I know I am sounding like a investment counselor but there you have it. However personal preferences should always prevail.

BTW, what's with your Flex?

Rgds
Old 10th September 2010, 12:10   #3178
BHPian

Guys
Can anyone guide me how to clean the thick,sticky dirt inside the logo's.alloy wheels and under the number plate.I think the reason for this is that my cars are regularly washed.
I have a innova,spark and zen.All of them are in excellent conditions but i find it very difficult to remove the dirt.Your valuable inputs will really help me get rid of these stains.
Regards
Braveheart
Old 10th September 2010, 12:17   #3179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Guys
Can anyone guide me how to clean the thick,sticky dirt inside the logo's.alloy wheels and under the number plate.I think the reason for this is that my cars are regularly washed.
I have a innova,spark and zen.All of them are in excellent conditions but i find it very difficult to remove the dirt.Your valuable inputs will really help me get rid of these stains.
Regards
Braveheart
Shampoo the area, use a toothbrush (or even toothpick at times) to clean it, shampoo again if needed or maybe just even water. Works for me.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:13   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Has anyone read or got any info on autoglym products? I see that they are popular in the UK.
Anything that is worth buying from the UK? I see that most products( megs) are much higher than from the US, not sure if there is something that is UK based and worth the effort to get it from there
Any inputs?
Autoglym has been recently introduced to USA and got good reviews. They have a full range of products. You should try the european brands in UK rather than US brands which may be more expensive. Consider shipping charges when you compare.

Sonus
einszett (1z einszett uk Car Care Products, Car Polish, Car Wax, Wheel Cleaner, Spray Wax, Glass Cleaner, Rubber Care, Lubricants...)
Menzerna
Connolly Leather products

Rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks