Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 15:29   #3376
BHPian

What is the best way to aggravate the oily grime once car shampp is applied on the car?
My Aquatak has a soft brush for the purpose, should I use it?
Old 26th September 2010, 15:47   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
you'll have to keep applying glaze to it every week or maybe every two weeks to keep it looking shiny!
I don't really mind that because with the frequent long trips (and its after effects) on my car it requires a shampoo wash twice a week and a little extra effort every week or two wouldn't bother me much.

I use diesel to get rid of tar and other spots off the car so no wax/sealant in my budget was going to stay long either so I guess I'd be using Silicone Glaze quite often now followed by Eagle one nanowax spray.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:18   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I guess I'd be using Silicone Glaze quite often now followed by Eagle one nanowax spray.
Have you had a chance to use the EagleOne Nanowax Spray?
Any pics to show off?
Review?
Old 26th September 2010, 18:17   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Have you had a chance to use the EagleOne Nanowax Spray?
Any pics to show off?
Review?
Not yet. I've just ordered it today morning off ebay. I'll use it next or next to next week and will try to get some pics too.
Old 26th September 2010, 20:57   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Which product are you talking about ???
This is a professional product called 'black pearl', I got it through a friend who has this business as he had extra lying around. It's tougher to remove compared to say 3M or any normal liquid polish. It's a little like Waxpol only once dried up.

Drive safe.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:02   #3381
BHPian

I ask again-

What is the best way to aggravate the oily grime once car shampoo is applied on the car?

Also, can I apply EagleOne NanoWax Spray and let it "cure" for a day and then layer it with a paste wax like Waxpol?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 26th September 2010 at 22:14.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:11   #3382
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Tried out the latest acquisition- Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax today
The smell is amazingly nice, i can smell it now also on the car
Easy to apply, clearly a soft and nice carnauba wax and easy to buff. However, with the layers of sealant on it already, its not a huge difference to me after all.......
!
Did a second coat of Pinnacle, and NOW i know why they charge that much and its so hyped up. Its almost like applying lotion on the car,the experience is nothing like anything else. Its close to what Blackfire sealant gives as an end result but much better to smell and the shine is softer- not that dazzling. End result-money worth spent and will use it once in a while. I am sure for the carnauba lovers, the paste wax is something to look forward to!
Old 26th September 2010, 22:50   #3383
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea about Llumar paint films? I was just looking at their India website & saw this product. Below is the link, please share views/experiences.

Welcome to LLumar website

Drive safe.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:36   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I ask again-

What is the best way to aggravate the oily grime once car shampoo is applied on the car?

Also, can I apply EagleOne NanoWax Spray and let it "cure" for a day and then layer it with a paste wax like Waxpol?
Once you've applied the shampoo on the grimy panel, you can use a wash mitt or a car wash sponge to agitate the grime!

But be sure to rinse the grime off of the wash mitt or sponge after each pass on the grimy panel.

I wouldn't use any kind of brush for the car's painted panels, but I've heard that boar's hair brush is paint safe!?

---

Since nanowax spray is a spray wax, its durability is less compared to a proper liquid or paste wax. So I'd recommend waxing the surface properly and then after curing top it up with nanowax spray instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Did a second coat of Pinnacle, and NOW i know why they charge that much and its so hyped up. Its almost like applying lotion on the car,the experience is nothing like anything else. Its close to what Blackfire sealant gives as an end result but much better to smell and the shine is softer- not that dazzling. End result-money worth spent and will use it once in a while. I am sure for the carnauba lovers, the paste wax is something to look forward to!
Wow!! sounds real nice! But no pics :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea about Llumar paint films? I was just looking at their India website & saw this product. Below is the link, please share views/experiences.

Drive safe.
I had also seen that product and kinda wanna get it for the lower parts of my car, like the lower part of the front bumper, rocker panels, door jambs and maybe the bonnet.

Will try to contact them!
Old 27th September 2010, 10:53   #3385
Senior - BHPian

I had a go at detailing my Civic the past weekend and boy the results are awesome. My car is 4 years old, I got it in June 10 and not sure if the car has ever looked this good.

Process:
1. Vacuumed the car
2. Washed it with Formula 1 Wash and wax shampoo.
3. Wiped it clean with a synthetic chamois and let me add, the car was already looking good at this stage. This was my first experience using a chamois and it is indispensable - a must have in a detailer's arsenal of products.
4. Cleaned the wheels and tires.
5. Again cleaned the wheels with Armorall Wheel cleaner, let it settle and agitated with a used tooth brush.
6. Dressed the tires using Armorall Detailers advantage tire foam. Let it do its work. After a while the wheels were nice and clean, the tires were clean and it had a nice matte finish.
7. Polished individual panel using Sonax Auto Polish.
8. Buffed it with a MF Towel
9. Sealed the polish with a coat of Collinte 845, let it haze and buffed it away with a MF towel. The finish left me speechless, nice deep shine. A wet look that I always desired.
10. Covered the car and let it bond for a few hours.
11. Came back and applied one very light coat of Sonax and buffed away.
12. Cleaned the interiors using Armorall original protectant.
13. Took the car out of the garage and into the sunlight. God, the results made me weak in the knees. The metallic paint glowing away in glory.

At this stage I saw the tires were pale black, so applied one more light coat of tire dressing, this was a mistake. Now my tires are shiny which I don't quite like. So quickly tried washing it away with water, helped a bit but not much.

Tried capturing the effect using my phone cam but the pictures do no justice to the car.

Total effort put in: Well over 8 hours. The aches in the back the next day were totally worth the gleam on the car.
Will post the pics later on in the day when I get home.

Thanks to all those that replied to my queries. This one's dedicated to ya'll.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 27th September 2010 at 10:55.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:00   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

Drive safe.
Is this some sort of transparent film on the cars painted surface? If yes, then don't even bother.
I had seen a white Laura, the fella had covered the entire car with this, only a few areas were uncovered. Areas like the boot area where badges are put and around the number plate area.

The uncovered area looked crisp white but the covered had turned pale and had a yellowish tinge. Did not look good at all.

I would never get this done for sure.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:02   #3387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I had a go at detailing my Civic the past weekend and boy the results are awesome. My car is 4 years old, I got it in June 10 and not sure if the car has ever looked this good.
IMO the only mistake you made is to apply a polish after a wax.
Though the car may shine now, the collinite layer is buffed away and the paint may be exposed
The process to be followed is:

polish -> immediate coat of wax -> 24 hours curing -> another coat of wax.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:15   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
IMO the only mistake you made is to apply a polish after a wax.
Though the car may shine now, the collinite layer is buffed away and the paint may be exposed
The process to be followed is:

polish -> immediate coat of wax -> 24 hours curing -> another coat of wax.
Oh! So are you saying I should not have topped the collinite layer with Sonax? If it helps, I did layer a very fine coat of Collinite on the car on Sunday morning after having the car covered for 18 hours.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:24   #3389
BHPian

Today on ebay.in, they have an offer of Jopasu duster pack (set of 4 items) for Rs. 815 with free shipping. Anyone knows if its worth it? It is listed on the homepage under offers of the day.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:15   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Today on ebay.in, they have an offer of Jopasu duster pack (set of 4 items) for Rs. 815 with free shipping. Anyone knows if its worth it? It is listed on the homepage under offers of the day.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ml#post2085363 is the thread where I'd just mentioned that this is the offer one should not miss!!

Jopasu duster is very practical for dry dusting, the MF cloth (magic wipe) is of good quality too, I use it to dry the car after a shampoo wash. I also use the magic glove (after dampening it a little) to clean the interiors.

Though I haven't gotten the chance to use the small duster yet but after having used 3 out of 4 products I can say that its a great package and with 300/- INR less than the usual price its a steal!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks