Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 19:24   #3961
BHPian

Pinnacle products

Hi

I went thru autogeek.com and did some PnC for different products. I found the offer "buy one get one free", the offer is very effective in reducing the cost. We can get the paste wax, paint cleaning lotion, mist spray, wash shampoo, clay & lubricant, tire gel, MF detergent. The total of these products is eligible for customs duty exemption, as the total amount is not exceeding Rs.10000. At Bangalore if any body is interested we can come together and share the cost, so that we get the above products for less than Rs.5000.

Am just trying to have this collection without much damage to the budget.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:59   #3962
mkh
Senior - BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

We had another successful mini TBHP meet. Me and nirmal called over a few people and rk_sans, quadra turned up yesterday to witness and learn about detailing( we were doing up a car). We had a good time talking about and discussing detailing products and detailing overall. It was good to meet you guys in person! Looking forward to hearing about your experience! Hope to meet up more like minded folks in future
Old 19th December 2010, 21:26   #3963
BHPian

Any one know about Roberts Wax from Pidilite the company who make fevicol , thats what the dealer told me.

Its is a similar product as Wax pol Wax , almost same price infact Rs 2 lesser mrp than waxpol .

Tried this on my Splendor first to avoid any risk . The first impression is it is little more easy to apply since it is not as hard as waxpol
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-18122010.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-18122010002.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-18122010001.jpg  

Old 19th December 2010, 22:20   #3964
BHPian

We had a mini TBHP detailing meet on saturday as MKH has mentioned,

We had already done some parts of the car, just had a couple of sections left and thought it good to have members who wanted to see the process,come over to see the completion.

The following TBHP members turned up to witness the event- Rk_Sans & Quadra. (MKH & Nirmaljusdoit giving gyaan on the detailing process !)

Detailing topics discussed :

- Evaluating the surface
- Different types of paint finishes
- Importance of proper claying
- Masking tape & how to do masking
- Importance of IPA (iso propyl alcohol wipe downs post compounding)
- Cleaning of residue inside trims, chrome etc post compounding
- Inspection post compounding to check swirl removal
- Finishing steps
- Types of micro fiber cloths

Some pics, before and after the work was done & some videos too !
(Looking forward to the next meet, which maybe the next time we do a BHPians car)

Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02021.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02031.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02041.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02042.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02043.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02049.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02052.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02054.jpg  

Old 20th December 2010, 09:28   #3965
BHPian

Wow!!!! wish i had been there just to see the cars in the pic as have already seen these mini masters in action! Lucky guys who turned up at the meet!
I can see areas are masked and care taken for residue to not fall inside (news papers to cover the windshield), this is essential to good detailing as far as i know.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:56   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Amazing work Nirmal and Mkh Sirs!!

I'll be transforming my basement into a full fledged detail area soon!!(capable of holding 7 cars)

Presently I don't have a covered area, so its kinda like a problem!

Once I get it done, I'll detail for others too!
Old 20th December 2010, 18:09   #3967
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Amazing work Nirmal and Mkh Sirs!!

I'll be transforming my basement into a full fledged detail area soon!!(capable of holding 7 cars)

Presently I don't have a covered area, so its kinda like a problem!

Once I get it done, I'll detail for others too!
Hey, you are the Guru man! Wish we had the luxury of a basement to do up cars,it would make our life soooo easy!!
Old 20th December 2010, 18:40   #3968
BHPian

Date with art - a quick review of the detailing meet

It was a very nice meeting these 2 software guys polishing the merc

By the time i reached, they had already finished half bonnet (+ one side) to show to the client as he was really skeptical on the young guns. So they complete half bonnet, client walks in & says "finish the entire car". Happy he was coz i saw the before and after results and they were mind blowing. If that car was mine, i would have said the same thing.

I met Nirmal, Mkh & Santosh there. We discussed a lot of things from the gloss on the already worked panel to the products they were using, the technique. The thing i liked about them is that they were checking and re-checking the area an inch at a time & redo detailing if required. This shows the amount of dedication, patience & hard work they are putting IN on the car. If you really love your car, you would really want the same attention to be given to her during detailing.

The products they are using are being currently used in the international market.

Got to know about IPA wipedown which is like adding another step in detailing.

They have done their homework pretty well & they are technically sound, pop a question and you got a reply. These guys know the whoz-who list of international detailer's & their technique of working which is commendable.

I will have my car checked by them soon to advice on what is required to be done & the cost involved.

PS: Anyone buy & use a high-end product but the (1.) knowledge, (2.) technique & (3.) care (most important) is what differentiates these guys from the herd. They will come @ your place so you don't need to go anywhere. Software guys - so they are educated enough to not to spoil your car. They belong to good families too which you can make out when you talk.
I am FAN

Overall, i would definitely recommend availing their service at least once to know the difference.

May god fulfill their wish-list

Cheers
Old 20th December 2010, 19:06   #3969
BHPian

Nirmal, MKH, Wow man that is fantabulous result!!!
How I wish I was in Bangalore to witness your prowess :-(

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 20th December 2010 at 19:16.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:30   #3970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Hey, you are the Guru man! Wish we had the luxury of a basement to do up cars,it would make our life soooo easy!!
At least you guys get to detail under covered areas!! That itself is a luxury!!

I have to do it in the open with everyone staring at me with a huge '?' expression! lol I hate that!!

Detailing in the basement, isolated from everyone, now thats meditation for me!
Old 20th December 2010, 23:23   #3971
BHPian

Forgot to mention: (mods please merge with above post)

After the meet, went home, slept. Next day, i washed my car but this time i was patient enough to wash each panel thoroughly. Again, used a 2 bucket system. Cleaned the glass with a glass cleaner (inside and outside). Even though it was just a wash but i had confidence that nothing will be left out this time.

While cleaning, i was thinking about mkh + Nirmal's technique - work closely with each panel & thats what helped me.

Thanks guys
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:07   #3972
BHPian

Hi

Anybody tried purchasing products from

ProperAutoCare -- Car Care Products, Best Car Waxes, Car Polishes, Auto Detailing Products, Car Buffers & Car Accessories, they ship to most of the places around the world.

Please provide your feedback - availability, price, time to reach, finally the cost of shipping.
Old 22nd December 2010, 22:41   #3973
Distinguished - BHPian

Last day, a family friend visited me, who also happens to be an Amway distributor. They were really hard to shy off, so I promised to buy some products.

I was thinking of buying their car wash and auto polish. Does anybody know, how good and VFM these products are?.

Car Wash - Amway India : Car Wash 500ml

Auto Polish - Amway India : Silicon Glaze
Old 22nd December 2010, 23:08   #3974
Senior - BHPian

^^ I am no expert but I would suggest you to stay away from polishes or waxes having silicon in them. I had gotten a good deal on one of Eagle One's professional formulas some time back & at that time, I had researched a little about the effects of silicon based car care products on the paint. The only thing I learnt was that it's best to avoid silicon based products.

Drive safe.
Old 23rd December 2010, 00:23   #3975
BHPian

Dhanush- The Amway car wash is pretty good, & rather economical too. I havent used the polish so cant comment on that !

Santosh - Proper auto care is quite reliable for shipping in the inland US, not sure about them shipping to international destinations though.

Quadra/Sohail/Hemant/Remington - thanks for the compliments !
Special mention to Sohail who has always been a source of inspiration to keep reaching higher & higher ! Looking forward to the pics of the detailing center in your basement ! 7 cars ! Wow, you must have quite a basement

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks