Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 08:36   #3931
Senior - BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

^Yea It must be snowing there and stuff! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Man you got all the BIG guns now! These waxes cost a FORTUNE! I guess it must be 10K min that you had to shell out? BTW did you try out the Liquid wax i sent you? Its really superb, just like putting a cream to the surface!
Lol! I'm just starting!!

Check out the real big guns that I might never own!! - Swissvax USA: Waxes

ZYMOL DESTINY GLAZE 8 oz

btw I love liquid souveran!!! Its my 'go to' wax as in reality its kinda like a blended wax and attracts less dust.

Thanks again for that!
Old 14th December 2010, 09:39   #3932
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
We had a mini TBHP detailing meet last weekend(prior to the one gone)
It so happened that after seeing the results on the Black ford Ikon( of which pics are posted), a common friend had requested for a treatment to be done on his metallic red I20. he had initially considered going in for a 3M treatment, but seeing the results achieved had requested if we could lend our expertise. Other members interested in witnessing the surface rejuvenation first hand were invited over to see the swirls being banished.
We had already done most of the car, just had a couple of sections left and thought it good to have members who wanted to see the process,come over to see the completion.

The following TBHP members turned up to witness the event- VMC, H_Zoom. We had a lot of discussions ranging from car detailing to latest cars on the road.
After we were done with, the results were amazing, even exceeded our expectations. The i20 paint is really great, as expected from a premium offering in the hatchback segment.

Overall a fun day especially for the happy owner who was ecstatic to see the outcome! Some pics, before and after the work was done.
Looking forward to the next meet, which maybe the next time we do a BHPians car.
Just to add- the "we" means me(MKH) and Nirmal. We are a deadly duo now in the detailing world
Old 14th December 2010, 10:01   #3933
BHPian

Nice work guys. Looking for test cars eh ???
Old 14th December 2010, 20:45   #3934
Distinguished - BHPian

Pls sign me up for future sessions, i would like to watch and learn.
Old 15th December 2010, 07:54   #3935
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sohail/Blackasta/Quadra/Androdev - Thanks guys !

Sohail - Thats an awesome addition to your collection ! The wooden box looks lovely !!

Quadra/Androdev - Will keep you guys posted about the next session !
Old 15th December 2010, 13:23   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Sohail/Blackasta/Quadra/Androdev - Thanks guys !

Sohail - Thats an awesome addition to your collection ! The wooden box looks lovely !!

Quadra/Androdev - Will keep you guys posted about the next session !
Can I come and see how you guys are doing such fabulous work?

best regards

Vaseem
Old 15th December 2010, 14:35   #3937
BANNED

Quote:
Here are the remainder of the pics !
Quote:
We had a mini TBHP detailing meet last weekend(prior to the one gone)
It so happened that after seeing the results on the Black ford Ikon( of which pics are posted), a common friend had requested for a treatment to be done on his metallic red I20. he had initially considered going in for a 3M treatment, but seeing the results achieved had requested if we could lend our expertise. Other members interested in witnessing the surface rejuvenation first hand were invited over to see the swirls being banished.
We had already done most of the car, just had a couple of sections left and thought it good to have members who wanted to see the process,come over to see the completion.

The following TBHP members turned up to witness the event- VMC, H_Zoom. We had a lot of discussions ranging from car detailing to latest cars on the road.
After we were done with, the results were amazing, even exceeded our expectations. The i20 paint is really great, as expected from a premium offering in the hatchback segment.

Overall a fun day especially for the happy owner who was ecstatic to see the outcome! Some pics, before and after the work was done.
Looking forward to the next meet, which maybe the next time we do a BHPians car.
Awesome work and I was witness at one of the palces where you did detailing work on White SX4

Your excellent work is tempting.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:42   #3938
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Awesome work and I was witness at one of the palces where you did detailing work on White SX4

Your excellent work is tempting.
Thanks for the wishes guys, its been a lot of people who inspired us to venture out in this field, including Sohail, Garigapol and surely Rudra- who created this thread.
We had done the SX4 for a BHPian, waiting for pics from him- sanjay if you get the time, do post pics, would love to see how it came out finally
Looking forward to meeting up more BHPians in the following detailing sessions.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:56   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thanks for the wishes guys, its been a lot of people who inspired us to venture out in this field, including Sohail, Garigapol and surely Rudra- who created this thread.
We had done the SX4 for a BHPian, waiting for pics from him- sanjay if you get the time, do post pics, would love to see how it came out finally
Looking forward to meeting up more BHPians in the following detailing sessions.
Mohsin,

Would love to join again, last time I couldn't make it through out the detailing session on Sanjay's SX4.
Old 15th December 2010, 16:09   #3940
Senior - BHPian

Let me know when you guys plan to do the next car, I would love to watch and learn from the experts!
Old 15th December 2010, 16:13   #3941
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Mohsin,

Would love to join again, last time I couldn't make it through out the detailing session on Sanjay's SX4.
Hi Mohsin

Definitely would love to join as I was not able to go thru the full process as I wqas to leave mid way.

Let me know when you are gonig to have next session and where.
Old 15th December 2010, 17:45   #3942
VMC
BHPian

Guys..
I witnessed the I20 being transformed into a brand new shining car.Ofcourse it take a lot of hard work, good equipement and knowledge of good products in the market.
Great work by Nirmal and MKH. Kudos to you guys...
The mini Team-BHP meet was a huge success and a great knowlegde sharing session. Best of all...is when you meet "like-minded" people..it works like magic....
Old 15th December 2010, 17:55   #3943
mkh
Senior - BHPian

We had the proud privilege of doing up the Thread Starters pride and joy- Rudra ji's black optra last sunday. It got planned so fast, we could not invite anyone, really wish we had. However it was an experience of a lifetime, am awaiting his pics to appear, we had taken a few and posted them on our FB accounts, but the master photographers pics will be awesome for sure. It was the hardest and MOST satisfying task we ever have taken so far. We were floored by the outcome, the quality of paint on it was great indeed.

Last edited by mkh : 15th December 2010 at 17:56.
Old 15th December 2010, 18:14   #3944
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good results MKH and Nirmal.BTW,during sessions do the spectators get to try their hand on the car or is it just you two who do all the detailing?
And ya,count me in for the next session!
Old 15th December 2010, 19:23   #3945
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Vaseem/Captain Slow/Sagar padaki - Thanks , we will surely invite other members in batches for the sessions !

VMC/Micrographics/Raghu - Thanks for your encouragement & support, it was a pleasure to meet like minded members & have a good discussion on auto related stuff too !

Thanks to Sohail & Garipagol & other members who have been sharing their knowledge on detailing !

As MKH has mentioned, it was a real honor to detail Rudra Sir's car the last weekend. Thanks to him starting the thread which was the start of an exciting journey into the world of detailing ! it got planned on a very short notice & wish the end results could be witnessed by other detailing enthusiasts. The sight of the gleaming black beauty just took our breath away Our pictures would not be able to do justice to bring out the true effect of the finished beauty, hence will wait for Sir to post the pictures !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks