Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 17:50   #2506
BANNED

Wash mitt of marino wool

Guys,

To keep our waxed car, or even with sealants normally 95% use the Rs.20/- cotton flannel cloth. Others like us prefer the microfibre range. As we want to preserve our finish I was going to various markets to see what else could be available. I understand the Japs use a Wash mitt made of Marino wool. These kinds are not available in Mumbai. Does anyone know where we could get this? One supplier from Korea sent me photos of the ones available with him. He said the pricing would depend on the volume of mitts we pick up.

Two questions.

Are they available in India and at what price? If not, what would one like to pay for such mitts.

I am attaching the photos of the mitts they are selling. The Japs were very costly, the Koreans have to be bargained with. If a group order is given we may be able to get them at a reasonable price.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wash-mit.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wash-mit1.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-wash-mit2.jpg
Old 1st July 2010, 18:19   #2507
Senior - BHPian

^ I use the meguiars microfiber wash mitt! Though I've heard that lambwool washmitts are good because they become soft when wet!!

Here in Delhi, I've only seen microfiber wash mitts!

I'd love to try the above out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig View Post
Just got this photo from the manufacturer of the water beading product of their DIY range. It will last 4 months and can be applied on a wet or dry car. I am anxiously waiting for their samples.
Attachment 378580
Awesome beading!! (looks like pearls on the surface!)

but isn't sheeting better?

I like products that sheet the water off the panel so that there's minimal water left on the surface to dry up and leave marks etc.!

Last edited by sohail99 : 1st July 2010 at 18:25.
Old 1st July 2010, 19:45   #2508
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^ I use the meguiars microfiber wash mitt! Though I've heard that lambwool washmitts are good because they become soft when wet!!

Here in Delhi, I've only seen microfiber wash mitts!

I'd love to try the above out!

Awesome beading!! (looks like pearls on the surface!)

but isn't sheeting better?

I like products that sheet the water off the panel so that there's minimal water left on the surface to dry up and leave marks etc.!
Sohail,
The nano paint sealant which hides swirls permanently sheets water. But that is a professional product. This is a DIY product which is layered on top of the sealant or by itself. The photo of the beading is the effect of only the DIY product and not on top of the nano sealant. People who would like sheeting and no beading should go for the professional product. The DIY product will enhance the shine and make the water sheet faster if layered on top of the professional product.

How much is the microfibre Megs Wash mitt?
Old 1st July 2010, 21:19   #2509
BHPian

Too hard to quote the price, Plz mention the price range, that would be a reasonable indicator for us, to determine.

Fellows, should I wait for the paint treatment, till the monsoons last or I should go ahead this weekend, and get it done from 3M.Inputs plz.
Old 1st July 2010, 23:43   #2510
Senior - BHPian

^ I think rains = more wiping of the car surface = more chances inducing swirls(due to frequent washings/muddy rain water etc.)

I would recommend the paint treatment(considering that it includes surface correction) after the monsoon, unless you have an covered parking and wouldn't take the car out in the rains.

@ThinkBig - I got the megs one for ~650INR(via a friend frm US)

btw I'm interested in this wash mitt if the price per piece comes out to be under 1K

Last edited by sohail99 : 1st July 2010 at 23:47.
Old 1st July 2010, 23:55   #2511
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^ I think rains = more wiping of the car surface = more chances inducing swirls(due to frequent washings/muddy rain water etc.)

I would recommend the paint treatment(considering that it includes surface correction) after the monsoon, unless you have an covered parking and wouldn't take the car out in the rains.

@ThinkBig - I got the megs one for ~650INR(via a friend frm US)

btw I'm interested in this wash mitt if the price per piece comes out to be under 1K
Paint treatments are only temporary. I tried it on all my cars, no use.

I now adhere to getting the polishing guy home every 6 months to do a thorough polishing and detailing of my cars.

And results are amazingly great. My cars look younger each year.
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:16   #2512
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBig View Post
Guys,

To keep our waxed car, or even with sealants normally 95% use the Rs.20/- cotton flannel cloth. Others like us prefer the microfibre range. As we want to preserve our finish I was going to various markets to see what else could be available. I understand the Japs use a Wash mitt made of Marino wool. These kinds are not available in Mumbai. Does anyone know where we could get this? One supplier from Korea sent me photos of the ones available with him. He said the pricing would depend on the volume of mitts we pick up.

Two questions.

Are they available in India and at what price? If not, what would one like to pay for such mitts.

I am attaching the photos of the mitts they are selling. The Japs were very costly, the Koreans have to be bargained with. If a group order is given we may be able to get them at a reasonable price.

Attachment 378591
Attachment 378592
Attachment 378593
Maybe this is a stupid question- are you referring to wash mitts? The one you have posted, does not look like a wash mitt, more like a buffing mitt.
For wash mitts, the market has a few sold, i got a viking make from the US.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:24   #2513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Maybe this is a stupid question- are you referring to wash mitts? The one you have posted, does not look like a wash mitt, more like a buffing mitt.
For wash mitts, the market has a few sold, i got a viking make from the US.
Mkh,
These are wash mitts. Do you have the viking one's photo?

These long marino wool fibres trap the dirt and are very soft. No scratching. I used to use some from the US, but the feedback from other detailers who avoided swirls while washing was to use these marino soft type. I think the fibre is too long, maybe a little shorter would be better.
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:17   #2514
BHPian

Guys

Need help. Can you kindly let me know how to wash tyres. Do we need a scrub or anything before I polish the tyres with Tyre foam ? I am trying to figure out a right solution for the same . Please guide me
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:59   #2515
Senior - BHPian

Clean the tyre sidewall with the car wash shampoo and then wipe it dry > Then apply tyre foam and let it dry

cleaner tyre remains black for a longer time after tyre foam compared to spraying tyre foam on a dirty/dusty tyre
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:06   #2516
BHPian

Guys- Autogeek.net is having a July 4th sale, with special offers on Meguiars products, supposedly the lowest prices on the web !!
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:27   #2517
BHPian

@Sohail

Thanks a ton for your reply. Will do the same this weekend
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:54   #2518
Senior - BHPian

I have purchased a bottle of Eagle nanowax spray. Applied on the car and impressed with the results. Experts, Can this thing be used as a substitute for regular wax.

Last edited by poloman : 2nd July 2010 at 14:56.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:33   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Nanowax spray is a quick wax solution(actually meant for maintaining the primary wax coat)

The durability of spray waxes if used stand alone without any primary wax coat is very less! the shine(and protection) might last for 3-4 days

while if you have properly waxed the surface and then use nanowax spray to bring back that 'just waxed' look, it'll increase the shine(kind of like a quick detail solution) + maintain the primary wax coat too + you'll have to do it less frequently!
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:37   #2520
BHPian

@ poloman : Where did you purchase it from and for how much?
My waxpol supplies are dwindling. Time for fresh shopping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks