Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 18:02   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys.

A certain reputed window film company is offering "lamination" of the entire car including dashboard and tyres !!
Dashboard and tyres as well? I'm also like. Anyone heard of this before?
Old 30th June 2009, 20:29   #902
BHPian

Polymer Coating - 1st. time in India

Hi Guys,

I have just returned from V Kool at Juhu where the salesmen were trying hard to push a product called "Polymer Coating Lamination" on to my friend who has a brand new Dzire.

Cost is Rs. 8000/= and 3 year warranty.

My question is : Has anyone done this before and if so is it worth the money? Supposedly it protects the car against minor scratches, bird droppings, traffic film, swirls from daily washing etc.
When asked what the difference was compared to a Teflon (and I use the generic term here) coating, they claimed the Teflon coating wears off after a year or so but this one does not.

Please see attachment for full details

Personally, I do not think it's worth the initial cost but would like to know others' opinions. My friend is hell bent on doing it and I am trying to dissuade him.

Would appreciate any advice from the gurus / mods.

Regards,

SS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scan0001C.pdf (83.9 KB, 1090 views)
Old 30th June 2009, 20:43   #903
BHPian

Just read in another thread that this actually polymer coating. Any reviews?
Old 30th June 2009, 23:11   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
....The company is V Kool.....
Well, 8k does seem to be a decent price for 5 coats. Although I am a skeptic, I'd really like to get this done if there is another BHPian who has got it done and seems to think its a good thing. However, I refuse to be the guinea pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Just read in another thread that this actually polymer coating. Any reviews?
Any idea of the technical details?
Old 1st July 2009, 06:57   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Well, 8k does seem to be a decent price for 5 coats. Although I am a skeptic, I'd really like to get this done if there is another BHPian who has got it done and seems to think its a good thing. However, I refuse to be the guinea pig
Why not ask them to pay you 8K in advance for being a guinea pig plus a written MOU to restore your car to the original shape in case anything untoward happens during an year or two?
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:35   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Why not ask them to pay you 8K in advance for being a guinea pig plus a written MOU to restore your car to the original shape in case anything untoward happens during an year or two?
Actually, it may be possible to pull this through if you invoke the 'I'm a TeamBHP member' mantra.
My Swift is in the workshop right now for a paint job (3 panels and a scraped sill). Once its out, I might just drive down to a Vkool dealer and check out the feasibility of this thing.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:07   #907
BHPian

Just now happened to buy Formula 1 Wax from a a shop at Kollam. He had a lot of stock. Had it several years back which was rarely used. So, would like to know if it is genuine.Cost Rs.290/- but when I gave 300/-. he gave back Rs.50/-
Attached Images
File Type: bmp P1000054-4.bmp (365.8 KB, 317 views)
File Type: bmp P1000053-3.bmp (365.8 KB, 232 views)

Last edited by janitha : 8th July 2009 at 17:17.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:40   #908
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Just now happened to buy Formula 1 Wax from a a shop at Kollam. He had a lot of stock. Had it several years back which was rarely used. So, would like to know if it is genuine.Cost Rs.290/- but when I gave 300/-. he gave back Rs.50/-
Seems genuine. Cost paid is higher. It shd be around 180-200/-
The US flag printed at bottom is flying/waving - genuine
on sides, on backside of where carnauba wax text is printed - are there trees shown? If no, then genuine
Old 8th July 2009, 20:46   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Seems genuine. Cost paid is higher. It shd be around 180-200/-
The US flag printed at bottom is flying/waving - genuine
on sides, on backside of where carnauba wax text is printed - are there trees shown? If no, then genuine
Thanks. I don't mind the difference if it is genuine. And no trees. He told me the bar code can help us identify just by looking at it, though even fakes have it.
Old 8th July 2009, 22:21   #910
Senior - BHPian

That is the genuine one mate!!. Dont worry. Just wax and post the pics of your car after waxing
Old 9th July 2009, 00:24   #911
Senior - BHPian

How do you guys propose to identify genuine F1 this way when used tins are used for filling in counterfeit stuff? The tin is bound to look genuine!!

You can't always tell a book by its cover!
Old 9th July 2009, 08:22   #912
BHPian

Hard water stain on the roof paint of Swift

I hope this is the correct thread to post this:

A couple of days back My silver color Swift was standing in the office covered car parking. When I went back to my car in the evening, I found that there was a leak in some overhead water pipe, which had caused the water to be dripping on the roof of my car the whole day. Thikning of it as just plain water I let it go, specially as I knew that the next day my car washing guy will anyway clean the vehicle.

To my horrer the next day I found hardwater marks and water trail marks onthe roof, even after the car had been cleaned by the car washing guy.

I got busy for two days, but yesterday tried cleaning it with water, scrubbing with cloth and finally with Colin. But the stain stain didn't budge an inch. I got scared.

Today, I tried an idea. I put a small drop of the (hold your breath) toilet cleaning Harpic on the hard water spot. I immediately wiped it with the cloth... and lo and behold the hardwater mark got cleaned nicely. I know this is dangerous as harpic is acidic, but i had seen that harpic also removed hard water from taps etc., so i used harpic but didn't let it stay on the paint. Instead i wiped it off right away and it worked for me.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:14   #913
BANNED

After reading skumar69 post, I'm having a query.

Is it safe to use hard-water to wash our vehicles ? What are the after-effects ?
Old 9th July 2009, 10:23   #914
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I am looking for Car detailing Clay in Bangalore. If anyone of you know a good brand, price and the shop where you can get the same please do pass on the information.

Thanks,
Dieselfan
Old 9th July 2009, 10:42   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar69 View Post
Today, I tried an idea. I put a small drop of the (hold your breath) toilet cleaning Harpic on the hard water spot. I immediately wiped it with the cloth... and lo and behold the hardwater mark got cleaned nicely. I know this is dangerous as harpic is acidic, but i had seen that harpic also removed hard water from taps etc., so i used harpic but didn't let it stay on the paint. Instead i wiped it off right away and it worked for me.
Skumar harpic do removes the water spot but natural shining goes. If you see the taps etc after applying the harpic they will look good but shine will go. In Bangalore my area get little hard water so all taps,floor,car etc get white water marks. Try LOC from Amway. It is good and do wonders. I am not promoting but just passing my experience. Need help in getting let me know will ask my friend to get in touch. I would have given you some from we use as a sample but you are located in Delhi I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks