Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 20:32   #151
Senior - BHPian

I am in Mumbai, Dahisar. I have a NHC of New Warm Silver color and would like to know of some place where I could get some deep scratches on the Bumpers and certain small scratches touched up. Any one know some good and trustworthy place where this can be done? I don't want to go to the dealer, they will quote heaven and earth for it.
I feel the Compaint- spray paint may not be the right thing to do.
What about the scratch and swirl rmover? Is it any good on deep scratches?
Old 30th October 2007, 13:33   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rudra highly recommends the 3M clinic; I just spoke to him the other day for the same treatment on my Benz.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:57   #153
Senior - BHPian

Dear GTO, Could I know the contact details for the 3M in Mumbai
Old 4th November 2007, 20:47   #154
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Dear GTO, Could I know the contact details for the 3M in Mumbai
Am awaiting the same from Rudra. The guy I spoke to said that they only do 3M work through authorised (car) dealerships. I was hoping for a 3M boutique in Mumbai. Will update once Rudy gets back after talking to 3M.
Old 8th November 2007, 19:56   #155
BHPian

The Amway Car Wash is an ideal detergent.
Before the wash, just dust off with a damp cloth (do not wipe the car with it).
Most importantly dont' let the car stand in sun immediately after the wash,always dry your car in shade, with the droplets on it with sunlight act as tiny lenses that damages the paint.
After that i use the 3M Show Car Paste Wax with a 3M Detailing Cloth. This is the best you can buy and the results using this 3times a week will simply get people drooling. I have been using it for appx 2 yrs on my Black Swift and it still shines with all that gleam. SEE THE DIFFERENCE !

On the dash never use a wet cloth, especially when its exposed to the sun. Always dust your dashboard daily with a slightly damp(not wet) cloth(personally i never open the windows)

Interiors : Never let any one blow air into the car as all the dust when blown gets to the roof molding and corners of your cars interiors. Prefer a vaccum cleaner straight away.

Windscreen: Never wipe out the winscreen with newspaper, which is a common practise. The corners of paper are sharp/pointed and that would lead to those circles on the windscreen when you drive at night. Instead always use your wipers with continous water sprinkle while driving. At home use a soft cloth after you have washed the windscreen.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:01   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
Windscreen: Never wipe out the winscreen with newspaper, which is a common practise. The corners of paper are sharp/pointed and that would lead to those circles on the windscreen when you drive at night.
I'm not really going to buy this point.These are soft pulp newsprint grade papers which absorb water faster than normal papers.

That apart, I'm using it for decades.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:44   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Windscreen: Never wipe out the winscreen with newspaper, which is a common practise. The corners of paper are sharp/pointed and that would lead to those circles on the windscreen when you drive at night. Instead always use your wipers with continous water sprinkle while driving. At home use a soft cloth after you have washed the windscreen.
besides, i am wondering how do you let the corners if the paper tough the glass, you need to old is straight and touch it's face to the glass.

slightly OT, I find paper towels equally effective, if not better. especially if you don't trust the ink in the newspaper.
Old 8th November 2007, 23:32   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
besides, i am wondering how do you let the corners if the paper tough the glass, you need to old is straight and touch it's face to the glass.

slightly OT, I find paper towels equally effective, if not better. especially if you don't trust the ink in the newspaper.
Hey @ vivekiny2k the paper is flat, granules of mud and gravel that settle on the windscreen after the wash rub to the surface of glass with a paper, now whereas in a soft cloth, the cloth takes away all the tiny particles. You tough have a valid point regarding the ink... never thought of it tough..
Old 9th November 2007, 03:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, granules of mud and gravel that settle on the windscreen after the wash ..
huh?

you better wash it again
Old 16th November 2007, 15:42   #160
BHPian

Is there anything specific to shine the Metallic car name installed at the rear of most cars. Like in Adventure its written "Adventure sports" at the rear, and "16v 100" at ahead of front doors on both sides.
I think its some steel coated with chrome.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:44   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Is there anything specific to shine the Metallic car name installed at the rear of most cars. Like in Adventure its written "Adventure sports" at the rear, and "16v 100" at ahead of front doors on both sides.
I think its some steel coated with chrome.
Car wax that you use for the body should do the job. I use the same and i am happy with the gleam that i get afterwards
Old 16th November 2007, 17:08   #162
Team-BHP Support

Need to get something done this weekend and was searching for places in Indira Nagar Bangalore, instead found a good deal at malleswaram which am not sure i can manage this weekend.

for 2.5k you will get:

Teflon coating OR Exterior enrichment (swirl removal)

+

Interior dressing up.

Details here: THE CAR CARE CLUB

So if you guys have numbers to place near to Indira Nagar please PM me
Old 16th November 2007, 20:13   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Car wax that you use for the body should do the job. I use the same and i am happy with the gleam that i get afterwards
Actually those Chrome plated parts are showing some grains of rust. I have tried the Formula 1 Wax, but it only improves the shine, the rusted parts are still there.
Is there anything which can remove the rust, increase shine but doesn't effet the paint of surrouding areas.
Old 16th November 2007, 20:33   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Actually those Chrome plated parts are showing some grains of rust. I have tried the Formula 1 Wax, but it only improves the shine, the rusted parts are still there.
Is there anything which can remove the rust, increase shine but doesn't effet the paint of surrouding areas.
Hmmm, if its rust. Then its a different story altogether. I reckon there is nothing available in the market that you can apply so finely to the emblem and make it disappear. Easiest ( also a bit costly) option is to get new ones

I clean them throughly at least once a week and this ways i never had any rust problem
Old 16th November 2007, 22:05   #165
BHPian

Anyone knows any details of 3m paint care points in gurgaon or delhi??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks