Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 11:10   #106
BHPian

3M glass cleaner is available in Bangalore. I have been regularly using it.
A very good product indeed from 3M.

Hellcat.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:28   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Wont using diesel regularly fade the colour? The dirt is so much on the highways that all the road tar sticks to the car. Infact every week it has to washed with diesel, colour is black and white.
A serious issue raised by him. We should discuss it. I cant make any comment as i have nt got any experience on this issue.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:43   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Thanks Rudra da... but carrying and putting on a car cover at office is a cumbersome affair and honestly speaking, it wouldn't be possible. Is there some kind of a preventive wax treatment etc that I can go for?
I have same problem but in my apt parking space. I wax my car regularly ( 15 days) and it looks like the problem is minimised to a large extent. Other possibility is look for a parking place elsewhere
Old 16th July 2007, 14:52   #109
BHPian

hi mobike008 isnt waxing within a gap of 15 days a overkill
Old 16th July 2007, 15:03   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
hi mobike008 isnt waxing within a gap of 15 days a overkill
Well actually, its not a wax, par se. I use a power gel ( white liquidish thing) and i use it every fortnight ( as far as possible) most times it goes over to maximum 3 weeks. I used it just yesterday and the shine it gives is mindboggling and i definetly dont think that frequency is an overkill, or maybe i will know that it is once my paint ruts
Old 16th July 2007, 18:26   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
3M glass cleaner is available in Bangalore. I have been regularly using it.
A very good product indeed from 3M.

Hellcat.
Me seconds that. I have been using it since I bought my car. The results are pretty good.
Old 18th July 2007, 15:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wont using diesel regularly fade the colour? The dirt is so much on the highways that all the road tar sticks to the car. Infact every week it has to washed with diesel, colour is black and white.
Any input on this? Rudra sir where are thou?
Old 18th July 2007, 17:56   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any input on this? Rudra sir where are thou?
Did I say somewhere here to try kerosene?
Wash it after with a mix of car shampoo/water.
Old 18th July 2007, 19:39   #114
BHPian

yes you said to use kerosene but tried diesel and it did the job. Did wash with car shampoo after that , is it o.k ?
Old 18th July 2007, 19:40   #115
Team-BHP Support

It is ok, diesel/kerosene all works, ensure that you wash off soon with a good car wash thingie.
Old 18th July 2007, 21:23   #116
Senior - BHPian

I tried kerosene on my alloys this sunday, and man, it works like a charm! I couldn't believe how the tar spots were just dissolving away! And I used so little on all 4 alloys. Less than half a teacup!

I wadded-up a small rag, held it pinched between my thumb, forefinger & middle finger, dipped the top in a bit of kerosene and rubbed away at the tar spots.

I had to give the alloys another wash with soap and water after cleaning them with kerosene, to get that semi-oily feel off. (Maybe the kerosene would have just evaporated after a wash with the water if I'd waited).
Old 19th July 2007, 08:47   #117
BHPian

Hi,

While cleaning with kerosene, one thing I noticed is, if you apply a little amount of kerosene, wait for 2-3 minutes and then try to rub off the tar stains, it is easily removed, without much pressure being put. Whereas if you try to dip cloth on kerosene and try to remove stains directly, it takes more rubs and pressure to remove it.
Now the issue is, which is the way to do? Keeping kerosene in contact with the painted surface for 2-3 minutes or rubbing with more pressure, which of these cause more damage to the finish?

Regards
Old 21st July 2007, 09:08   #118
BHPian

Has anyone heard of a product called 'rubber care' used to control squeaking and some sort of rattling . It has a sticker price of around rs 225
Old 27th July 2007, 03:05   #119
vidvai

I went to koliwada (bbay) just to get some minor repairs done to my zen..and just asked the guy who does touching and all over there whether he had a solution for all the scratches on my car..now thing is that my car is that shiny dark bluish greyish colour..and he told me that lakme makes the exact same colour ka nail polish with exactly the same shine..so once if i get him the nail polish he can touch up the scratches with that and they would become virtually invisible..
do you think it can be done? is it worth the risk?

Old 30th July 2007, 14:56   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hindu Business Line : 3M launches car care package

Is there any 3M owned "car care" facility in Bangalore? Some people in this forum have mentioned Sundaram motors and Car care club in Indiranagar will do 3M car detailing. If there is no 3M-owned facility, which is the next best place?

My black Laura (1 month old) got swirl marks!! Is there anything negative about 3M car detailing? Can it be done on new cars also?
Sorry for the flood of questions. Appreciate your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks