Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 15:34   #121
Team-BHP Support

This is something new from 3M and it sounds GOOD!
They do offer their service from few auto dealer and the one from Indiranagar. Problem here is you end up paying more if go through auto dealers. They keep their margin which is pretty hefty.

You can go for your Laura's treatment. It's safe for sure.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:45   #122
BHPian

Thank you ported head

Will get in touch with the Car Spa guys today and see whats the damage. Also do let me know if there is any way we can avoid the rust marks at various places (paint)

Cheers!
Old 30th July 2007, 15:47   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Rudra. The link I mentioned in my previous post dates back to 2003 but I haven't found any 3M-owned facilities in Bangalore. I would prefer 3M-owned facility to an auto dealer such as Sundaram. I want to avoid the auto dealers if possible as I always find them insensitive to owner's sentiments.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:32   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Called up 3M office in Bangalore and here is the official info.

3M doesn't own any car-care facilities. They only tie-up with auto dealers. So I guess I will have to visit Sundaram or some other place. They don't have a tie-up with TAFE access (doesn't surprise me a bit)

A store in Jayanagar in Bangalore is one of the authorized dealer/stockist for 3M products. I haven't checked with them but their address is:

CATS
1A/07, East End Main Road
Jaya Nagar South,
Bangalore 560041
Ph: 26637922
Old 30th July 2007, 23:36   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
This is something new from 3M and it sounds GOOD!
They do offer their service from few auto dealer and the one from Indiranagar. Problem here is you end up paying more if go through auto dealers. They keep their margin which is pretty hefty.

You can go for your Laura's treatment. It's safe for sure.
Rudraji the article is dated 2003. I think it's the Surface refinement package. Costs Rs.2400 for the lancer and is worth it.

The finish is stunning.
Old 11th August 2007, 11:07   #126
vidvai

I went to koliwada (bbay) just to get some minor repairs done to my zen, and just asked the guy who does touching and all over there whether he had a solution for all the scratches on my car. Now thing is that my car is that shiny dark bluish greyish colour, and he told me that lakme makes the exact same colour ka nail polish with exactly the same shine. So once if i get him the nail polish he can touch up the scratches with that and they would become virtually invisible!
Do you think it can be done? Is it worth the risk?

Last edited by vidvai : 11th August 2007 at 11:08. Reason: Punctuation

Old 13th August 2007, 12:02   #127
BHPian

Rudra Sir, thank you for all the advice and information.

I still have some questions in mind. Please help me with the answers.

1) What is rubbing, waxing and polishing?

2) How do we remove wax or polish from the car surface?
Old 4th September 2007, 15:01   #128
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me where I can get 3M detailing done in Pune?

I've checked with my dealer and he does not seem to know about this.
Old 4th September 2007, 16:21   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Rudra Sir, thank you for all the advice and information.

I still have some questions in mind. Please help me with the answers.

1) What is rubbing, waxing and polishing?

2) How do we remove wax or polish from the car surface?
Rubbing, waxing and polishing are the a few methods to get back the lost shine of the car paint. Rubbing is usually done to remove the excess stuff which gets stuck on the paint and which cannot be removed by a mere cloth. like black marks or road grime.

Polishing and waxing is done to get back the lost shine. Its advisable to do it once in 2 months or so.

You dont have to remove it as such form the surface. Just keep on rubbing it with a light hand. Its like applying a hand and body lotion on your skin. we rub it and it gets applied. Same way is with car.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:34   #130
Senior - BHPian

"1. Soak the cloth in water (don’t squeeze) and wipe your car’s body with a light hand. Once you’re through with washing the entire car, clean the cloth in fresh water and start wiping the body dry. A good soft cloth should remove all watermarks from the body. Take one portion of the body at a time."
To respond to Rudra's quote above, I got a completely different advice from the guy who applied Waxoyl polish on my Fiesta---he said, dip the cloth in water, squeeze it as dry as possible, and clean the car with motion in one direction only.
Not sure which approach is correct. Any suggestions, dudes?
Old 5th September 2007, 14:01   #131
BHPian

I just bought the Platinum Series Liquid (Turtle Wax). Now just wanted to know how do I go about starting off with it.

On Sundays' - I wash the car with a clean water splash and thereafter do the Car Wash (TW) soap and waterand then try to dry it with the yellow cloth as much as possible, but since there are a few areas where there are a few scratch marks I intend using the polish and see how it works.

From the previous posts I have understood that I have to do it after the wash, but do I use a damp cloth and if so how do I go about applying the liquid and then polishing it. Its going to be with my bare hands and I dont have a buffing machine
Old 5th September 2007, 14:35   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
I just bought the Platinum Series Liquid (Turtle Wax). Now just wanted to know how do I go about starting off with it.

On Sundays' - I wash the car with a clean water splash and thereafter do the Car Wash (TW) soap and waterand then try to dry it with the yellow cloth as much as possible, but since there are a few areas where there are a few scratch marks I intend using the polish and see how it works.

From the previous posts I have understood that I have to do it after the wash, but do I use a damp cloth and if so how do I go about applying the liquid and then polishing it. Its going to be with my bare hands and I dont have a buffing machine
After the wash, either let the car dry on its own or use a cloth to dry it. And, then use a different dry cloth and on it squirt some of this wax liquid and keep dabbing it all across the car in small portions. Then start rubbing the liquid in circular motion till you see some shine ( first-cut) do it for all the small dabs you have squirted onto the car.

once the first cut is over, use a different cloth a dry one and then keep rubbing the entire car in circular motion ( this is buffing) until you see a shine and make sure you do it in a cool place.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:37   #133
BHPian

Guys, i applied turtle wax platinum paste wax sachets (23ml for rs 26) a
couple of days back on my palio and i must say it gave a good finish to the car.

the sachets are cheap and theres no wastage of wax. the wax box costs Rs 850.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:54   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I got a completely different advice from the guy who applied Waxoyl polish on my Fiesta---he said, dip the cloth in water, squeeze it as dry as possible, and clean the car with motion in one direction only.
Not sure which approach is correct. Any suggestions, dudes?
Both of them are right depending on the state of the car. If your car has no dust on it's surface, go for what he says.

But seldom it happens. Say during rain or after..when there's no flying dust/sand to settle on the car.

Also please don't go by any rule. See what is right within that given situation.
Old 5th September 2007, 18:48   #135
BHPian

why is polishing not recommended in sunlight. i feel it is just impossible to do it because the metal gets very hot and its tough to touch it.

Any other logical reason ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks