Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2009, 17:43   #871
Senior - BHPian

Today i tried cleaning my car with AMWAY CAR WASH as my regular 3M car shampoo ran out of stock. My mother had recently become a member of amway and she got 2 bottles of these along with other kitties. The bottle says it is for 100 washes. I have got excellent results with the wash. The lather wash 300% more and the water had a more slimy feel. Was able to clean my car and wax it better than the regular 3M with satisfactory result.
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6140234.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6140240.jpg
Even if it lasts for 50 washes it will be fine for me. Has any one else tried this??
Old 21st June 2009, 18:41   #872

folks, My indica Xeta always has some small issues. I just got the a/c vent fixed and the wipers functions are erratic. Just a query, does Indica Xeta really have a string of issues or " handle with care" is for all cars
Old 21st June 2009, 19:44   #873
Senior - BHPian

Wrong thread silverwheel.

@geeash : The Amway Car Wash thingy is truly good. A bottle will probably last for a good year or two. I have been using mine for seven months and it hasn't even hit the half way mark. The Silicon Glaze wax/polish needs body prepping (once your car paint is no longer "new") before it works though. A good clay bar works wonders.
Old 22nd June 2009, 02:28   #874
BHPian

hi guys,
just wanted to know waht can i use to keep my alloy wheels shinning and protected all time? i use shampoo to wash it but should i use wax on them or dashboard polish to keep it protected?
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:26   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Wrong thread silverwheel.

@geeash : The Amway Car Wash thingy is truly good. A bottle will probably last for a good year or two. I have been using mine for seven months and it hasn't even hit the half way mark. The Silicon Glaze wax/polish needs body prepping (once your car paint is no longer "new") before it works though. A good clay bar works wonders.
I agree bottle will last for at least 2 year. I am using it in 15 days for 2 cars from last one year and it is still 1/3 left.
@geeash Also try Leather and vinyl cleaner it is good for dash boards.
See spray or LOC for glass surface.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 22nd June 2009 at 09:29.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:07   #876
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
hi guys,
just wanted to know waht can i use to keep my alloy wheels shinning and protected all time? i use shampoo to wash it but should i use wax on them or dashboard polish to keep it protected?
You can use shampoo, but make sure you use a stiff brush to agitate the lather and get all the dirt out. Also, you can use wax for the alloys to keep them shiny. Do not use the dashboard polish as that's not formulated for alloys and might even stain them.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:24   #877
BHPian

On saturday went and bough the Amour All liquid wax, total crap. Never buy this particular wax, the damn thing is very liquidy and the shine is horrible, or the least even after two coats. Nothing to beat Turtle wax products.
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:28   #878
BHPian

I have been seeing "Car SPA" in Inorbit and Central mall's in Mumbai and the cars parked were really clean, hence I took my NHC for a pampering session!

The service that I opted for were:-

• Interior Steam Cleaning
• Interior Dash and other plastic parts, cleaning
• Exterior wash

These services were quoted at Rs.1500 and post nego's, got it down to Rs 1200.

They took 5 hrs and they cleaned the car really well and they did not leave any part untouched.

The guys did really a good job, the interior was super clean and exterior was shiny as new.

The alloy wheels, the windscreen, the cup holders, etc was clean and no traces of dust!!

Would recommend a pampering session for your car before the rains and if you don’t want to spend the week end cleaning your car!
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:52   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
On saturday went and bough the Amour All liquid wax, total crap. Never buy this particular wax, the damn thing is very liquidy and the shine is horrible, or the least even after two coats. Nothing to beat Turtle wax products.
Kinda same experience here. What I found is that it makes the few scratches on my old bike stand out even more!! Where other polishes like F1 and 3M make them less visible.

Total waste of money for me too and it costs Rs. 400; whereas even F1 tin costs around Rs. 170.

Isn't the Amway wash available in sachets also? Would like to try it... but only if I can get it in sachets. Don't wanna risk buying it, as I have never liked the few Amway products I'v tried.

Last edited by Raccoon : 22nd June 2009 at 15:54.
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:44   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
I have been seeing "Car SPA" in Inorbit and Central mall's in Mumbai.......
Any idea if anything of this sort exists in Blr? Or some other place that offers this sort of service?
I know that a true car lover would do all this himself but there are limits even to my passion and I would really prefer to outsource this time.
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:31   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
I have been seeing "Car SPA" in Inorbit and Central mall's in Mumbai........
which inorbit mall are you referring to? I am looking forward to remove one color (about 3" dia) stain on the bonnet, small scratches and complete interior cleaning - the floor is absolutely dirty with difficult stains.
more info would be helpful!!
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:30   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Kinda same experience here. What I found is that it makes the few scratches on my old bike stand out even more!! Where other polishes like F1 and 3M make them less visible.

Total waste of money for me too and it costs Rs. 400; whereas even F1 tin costs around Rs. 170.

Isn't the Amway wash available in sachets also? Would like to try it... but only if I can get it in sachets. Don't wanna risk buying it, as I have never liked the few Amway products I'v tried.
Racoon you can get the sachets but they are not easily available. I think you will not repent after buying the wash(bottle cost 250 bucks i guess now) otherwise simply use it for utensil washing ! or send me i will take it

Last edited by aka_iitd : 23rd June 2009 at 09:33.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:45   #883
Senior - BHPian

Have anyone heard of the brand ABEL AUTO. It is supposed to be a french company who produces car care products. It is being marketed by Xenos galleria ( trusted brand for reverse parking sensors and security products). I wanted to buy a few from them. But came back as i wanted to know whether it is a quality product or not. does any one know or have tried it?
Old 29th June 2009, 02:41   #884
BANNED

I've art leather seat covers in my Linea. 2 days back while it was raining heavily, a colleague who was completely drnched sat on passengerside front seat. And left a slightly grayish tint on half of the seat. May be colour of the cloth. I tried to clean it with detergent & then even with "Vanish" which is a stain remover from clothes. But its not going.

Any idea How I can remove it? Its very faint but clearly visible with its edge running only from half part of the seat
Old 29th June 2009, 09:07   #885
Senior - BHPian

^ ask your installer to have a look at it asap and hope its not something permanent !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks