Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 00:09   #811
BHPian

An ad for 'SansZo ' waterless car wash keeps coming on whenever I view this page. Anybody used this product? They do not seem to have any distributors in India.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:07   #812
Senior - BHPian

I got a box of this formula1 wax for my car. Is this a real one or the fake? I didnt want to use it before i confirm

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6080211.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6080213.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6080218.jpg

is this the real one?

These are my care car kits

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6070208.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-p6070209.jpg
Old 10th June 2009, 10:19   #813
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats a good collection you got there and so nicely put together with even the 3M cloth.
I have also got the same tyre formula1 wax tin and last week used it as a experiment on my black Honda Activa, immediately the shine started coming and after buffing the scooter was shining nicely so i think that tin wont do any harm but reading here on teambhp, i have seen that we should avoid Formula 1 wax as its mostly fake, you already have 3M wax why did you buy this?

Also whats the cost of this entire 3M kit you got if you remember?
Old 10th June 2009, 10:26   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you already have 3M wax why did you buy this?
Thats liquid wax. wanted to get a paste wax as the liquidwax is empty. #m paste wax is not available for public
I dont remeber the price exactly. I think it is 570

Last edited by geeash : 10th June 2009 at 10:28.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:33   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Thats liquid wax. wanted to get a paste wax as the liquidwax is empty. #m paste wax is not available for public
I dont remeber the price exactly. I think it is 570
3M paste wax is not available for public and Formula 1 is mostly fake
570 is good price for that kit with so many things.
Anyways paste wax will make you burn much more calories than a liquid wax keep on buffing and buffing.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:53   #816
BHPian

Car-Care stuff in Hyderabad?

Where can I get car care products in Hyderabad?
I am looking for a place thats reliable and has a large selection. I also want to know where to get 3M products.

I went to BigBazar and they had nothing but few boxes of F1 wax and some overpriced cotton cloths (3 for 450rs).
Old 10th June 2009, 11:22   #817
BANNED

[quote=geeash;1340297]I got a box of this formula1 wax for my car. Is this a real one or the fake? I didnt want to use it before i confirm

is this the real one?

These are my care car kits

quote]
Ashwin

Your Formula 1 wax seems to the original one. In fake ones, behind the small poster on sides where Carnauba Wax is written, there are 2-3 coconut trees are printed. Also in fake ones, on the bottom of the tin, the US flag is flat & not flying like in the original tin

I'm using Formula 1 & its giving very good results. purchased 2nd pack last sunday. earlier pack even it was 6 year old, gave good results.

However, am looking for turtle wax products but am not able to find anywhere
Old 10th June 2009, 12:19   #818
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a box of this formula1 wax for my car. Is this a real one or the fake?
This is a genuine can. One of the other ways you can spot a fake can is the color of the tin will be a light faded yellow compared to the rich deep yellow as in the photos.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:19   #819
BHPian

Watermarks on glass

I have some water marks on my window glass (outside).
Actually, this happened when installing sunfilm on my car. They spray some soap solution and I think the soap solution dried up instantly in the sun leaving water spots on the glass.
How can I get rid of it?

I used colin to clean it but of no use.
Experts ... please help!
Old 10th June 2009, 21:14   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I have some water marks on my window glass (outside).
Actually, this happened when installing sunfilm on my car. They spray some soap solution and I think the soap solution dried up instantly in the sun leaving water spots on the glass.
How can I get rid of it?

I used colin to clean it but of no use.
Experts ... please help!
Use petrol . the spots will go off in a jiffy
Old 10th June 2009, 21:56   #821
BHPian

Quote:
I have some water marks on my window glass (outside).......
Are you sure this is because of the soap sol? Perhaps this happened during a wash. This sort of mark/stain is indicative of hard water. Happened to me once and I had a hell of a time scrubbing it out. I used Sonax windscreen wash fluid (diluted) and lots of newspaper.
Old 10th June 2009, 22:16   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Where can I get car care products in Hyderabad? I am looking for a place thats reliable and has a large selection. I also want to know where to get 3M products...........
Enter Minister Road from the Begumpet side (SP Road) and after a few metres you will see a small restaurant called Arya or Arti. Just after that there is a car accessories shop which stocks some 3M products - I know they have scratch remover if that's what you are looking for.

Last edited by straightdrive : 10th June 2009 at 22:19.
Old 11th June 2009, 00:19   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a box of this formula1 wax for my car. Is this a real one or the fake? I didnt want to use it before i confirm
I have seen such fakes of F1 polish where you just cannot make out whether its genuine or fake just by looking at the tin. Hence, I would not automatically assume its genuine just because the tin looks genuine. I'm inclined to think they may be using empty containers of F1 and putting in spurious stuff. Otherwise I really wonder how there is no difference at all in the packing. Also F1 products don't even come with a seal, which really pisses me off.

That said, I'v always bought them from reputable shops... and I don't think I'v ever gotten a fake - the shine from F1 has always been really good. Only issue is that its abrasive... and hence not for regular use.

How do you find that 3M liquid polish? And which Euro Gold product is that? Hows it?
Old 11th June 2009, 09:59   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do you find that 3M liquid polish? And which Euro Gold product is that? Hows it?
Liquid polish from 3M is good. Only that it beads water only for a weeks time. I would recommend it if people take time to wash the car everyweek and reapply it. But it offers no UV protection , atleast the bottle doesnt say about it..........

It is euro gold stain remover. works wonders for me in unremovable stain. It also helps to minimize the stains occuring after some small accidents if it occurs.....

Last edited by geeash : 11th June 2009 at 10:05.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:38   #825
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Are we talking about the same product??
Nope, we are talking about 2 different bottles. Will post a pic of the bottle I have once I am back home this evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks