Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 16:23   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi All,
How to remove Road Grimes (like a black dots) in a car especially in the painted area near to the tyres?
I tried Colin and Vim bar.
By using Vim bar and with more effort,it was washed away.
But any easy way to clear the dirts.
Vim Bar is a NO-NO. It will eat away the car's paint. Claying is the best cleaning process to remove road tar or any external dust that has got stuck to your car paint.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:28   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi All,
How to remove Road Grimes (like a black dots) in a car especially in the painted area near to the tyres?
I tried Colin and Vim bar.
By using Vim bar and with more effort,it was washed away.
But any easy way to clear the dirts.

Karthik, when you visit Xenos shop next time, get a cream called "Abel scratch remover".

It is similar to a rubbing compound and it takes away dirts inlcuding tar spots etc. It also remover very light scratches/swirl marks.

200g tube cost around Rs. 200.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:04   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Karthik, when you visit Xenos shop next time, get a cream called "Abel scratch remover".

It is similar to a rubbing compound and it takes away dirts inlcuding tar spots etc. It also remover very light scratches/swirl marks.

Rubbing compound eats away paint and not a recommended solution for tars or embedded dirt. The best solution is claying which is non abrasive and doesn't affect paint in any way.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:07   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I tried it but not worthy
Old 18th January 2010, 17:28   #1565
BHPian

You could try Bug & Tar remover by Formula1 or Meguiars. I've used both and both are effective.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:36   #1566
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The abel scratch remover is no good. I think bug marks can be removed with a good wash. The hyundai service guys use Wurth car wash- it removes bug marks easily. I can remove them using the quick detailer from Megs or even with amway car wash...not sure how hard are these bug marks tho
Old 21st January 2010, 12:16   #1567
BHPian

Can somebody tell me how to clean a car without spending too much money, but at the same time keep the car looking good. For example, how do the people in shell clean the car. Where can I buy these equipment in Bangalore?
My problem is that as the hard water dries, it leaves marks on the car. What is the best way of solving this problem?
Microfibers are too expensive for regular cleaning.
Thanks.
Old 21st January 2010, 13:33   #1568
BHPian

Micro fiber hand glove

Hi All,
Can anyone provide feedback on the product mentioned below?
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-carglove.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 17:14   #1569
Senior - BHPian

^Whats the name of the product? and manufacturer?

looks like a wash mitt, could also be a duster(in shape of a glove)

btw my 'NXT Tech Wax 2.0' was delivered today!! (had ordered via 20North on 30th December)

I'm so excited lol! I'll be using it on my i20 tomorrow or the day after and will post the results!

here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0008.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0010.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0011.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 19:54   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
btw my 'NXT Tech Wax 2.0' was delivered today!! (had ordered via 20North on 30th December)

I'm so excited lol! I'll be using it on my i20 tomorrow or the day after and will post the results!
How much did you pay for it at 20north? And i'm sure you will be very happy with the results, I've been using it and its simply SUPERB!
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:46   #1571
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Follow up:
Today morning i went and inspected the car- well clearly it has additional scratches but as i mentioned to the normal eye its impossible to make out. If i were to take this car and sell it today- i am SURE that it would be easily visible as a perfectly well maintained one....its only to me as the owner and when i look against the light, i can see minor rub marks...
Another few points which will make you note what AMATEURS are at work there:
1. Can u imagine them putting wax and having it spill over the plastics? I had to put 1 hour today to clear off wax from the beadings etc where wax and residue was rubbed over..
2. The microfiber cloth they use- apparently a high quality one which costs about 700 rs( and it is for sure)- the SAME one is used to wipe dry and to rub off wax...imagine!!!
3. I asked the guy what clay they use and he told me Meguiars- the same for the car shampoo. I think they are lying because Megs clay is WHITE and his was RED, not sure that the professional series is a Red one- if not, it was a lie
Even the car shampoo was in a bottle( old water bottle) so cannot confirm if it was Megs or some local stuff...
For a simple guy who hardly has much info on car detailing...its a perfect place to get looted...but for the trained and well educated- COMPLETELY AVOID IT..its a waste of money and nothing better than a road side garage in terms of expertise...only that they use meguiars...
I hope prospective customers here can read and avoid this junk place...(maybe i should have put this in a new thread)- MODS any suggestion that max fellow BHP folks can read this?
Follow Up:
The guy called up after a couple of calls from me. He said they asked the experts in Surat and they told its most likely a case of improper/unclean pad. Also they told that if the pad is not cleaned the residue becomes hard and can scratch the surface. He also told that they are ordering a new pad..god help the cars who get "treated" with the old one..
I also told him- you guys use dirty micro- he said sorry sir, we should not etc..
I get a feeling- this is just a time pass unit they have opened as an experiment..they care little for whats going on there..(bimal folks)
He said that i can take a refund
I am all happy and will go to 3M folks promptly to get it cleared
BTW i asked him to give me a couple of microfiber cloths they use free as i was royally mistreated and the guy says that it costs Rs 1000 apiece so cannot give me
Not sure what to trust- as the technician there had told me its worth 600-700...wonder what its made of- gold plating to cost that much???
Anyways- folks please KEEP AWAY FROM CARZ SPA for exterior treatment..wish i can have more people read this..maybe should start a new thread on this...any suggestions?
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:59   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
How much did you pay for it at 20north? And i'm sure you will be very happy with the results, I've been using it and its simply SUPERB!
I paid ~800INR!

And I used it today and it literally had me shocked with the results!!!

I've taken some pics too!

will be posting them in an hr or two!
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:46   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
I paid ~800INR!

See, I-told-you-so
800 is really cheap man, Did you use coupons or something? Was there any special offer? Could you also mention the shipping method and other preferences that you chose.

Last edited by akshay_b : 23rd January 2010 at 20:48.
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:16   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
I paid ~800INR!

Was it Rs.800/- plus shipping? Asking since at 20north, shipping is usually many times the cost of the product!
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:47   #1575
Senior - BHPian

OMG! Yea just remembered it was for 806INR + 600INR(shipping!)

and normal 21-30 day shipping(express delivery is insanely priced!!)

Here are some pics!
(in some pics you might see reflections of the wires(they aren't scratches! )
+ in last few pics you can even see me!

The reflectivity of the paint after waxing literally had me shocked!
passers by were impressed too( you can tell by the "Whoa..." expression on their faces! lol )
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0009.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0008.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0016.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0013.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0004.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0018.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0003.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0020.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks