Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 22:51   #1531
Senior - BHPian

The clay kit and the wax I got it as a part of Meguiar's complete car care kit (sourced from US)

The Highlighting Glaze I got from a dent repair guy!
he said it wasn't of much use to him anyway so he just gave it to me! lol(guess he didn't know what its capable of )

Also the DVR unit cost me about 8K(500gb HDD extra)
cameras ~2K each + mounting/cabling extra

Actually my neighbor is in DVR installation business and he offered me to get one!

Totally worth it!

Last edited by sohail99 : 9th January 2010 at 22:54.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:55   #1532
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Got Hold Of Turtle wax today for 240. Will twst it soon. Enjoy some pics

Even the sponge applicator has turtle wax logo.
Where did you get this? I've the same Turtle Super Hard shell wax but in liquid/ paste form in a bottle, also got for Rs. 240?
Old 9th January 2010, 23:54   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Also can the clay bar be re-used? Am having a clay kit but dunno how to use it:(
How old is you car?
Yes, the clay bar can be-reused, I've seen 3M people claying my car, they sprayed some liquid what i guess is a soapy water solution, You can use the UQD, Just spray on the surface and drag the clay bar with a little pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
My car is full of small clear coat scratches (& 2-3 slightly deeper scratches) & Swirl marks. I had always planned to get a paint treatment done after car completes 1 year so that those inevitable small scratches & swirls can also be taken care of. There are 2 treatments I'm looking at to choose one from: (1) 3M or (2) WAXOYL. 3M has 2 treatments - paint protection & surface refinement. However, at ground level what they actually are doing on new as well as old cars is surface refinement. I had asked 3M guys at 3 different dealership - last time I asked him to show me the bottle also. He showed me bottle of the cream they apply on entire car - it was Rubbing Compund . In that way, WAXOYL sounds to be better. But looking at my 1 year old car with full of swirls & small scratches, which treatment you guys recommend out of these 2 ? Details of both treatments & link as below:

3M India: Exterior

Opulent
Rubbing compound is not all that harmful, I got the 3M swirl and scratch(claying-rubbing compound-waxing-interiors cleaning-engine bay cleaning) treatment and trust me, it was worth every penny, my car had the shine of a car rolling out from the factory with absolutely no swirl marks and i cant comment on the scratches coz my car didn't have any scratches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

+ I have a DVR system with 3 day/night cameras which continuously monitor the area around my car +my dad's

any movement, and I get a audio alert from the dvr unit + motion sensor initiated recording.(also useful when I need to have a look at my love without having to go out!)

A lotta kids now know about the camera(after I caught em doing stuff with proof that I showed to their parents!!) and kinda fear it! lol
You have such an advanced video surveillance system to monitor your cars? you're one hell of a car guy man. Do you use it for something else?
Old 10th January 2010, 00:26   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
You have such an advanced video surveillance system to monitor your cars? you're one hell of a car guy man. Do you use it for something else?
I feel its essential now a days! when everyone is out to damage another one's car!

It was mostly for car security and monitoring but then I got another cam for the main door!

Anyways, its just that you can see all the time whats going around the car and its always good to have the upper hand!(proof)
Old 11th January 2010, 15:34   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Where did you get this? I've the same Turtle Super Hard shell wax but in liquid/ paste form in a bottle, also got for Rs. 240?
Got it from Khan Market New Delhi.

@sohail99 Paaji Car looks awesome. do attach a black parandi on car and hide it from normal view .
Old 11th January 2010, 16:25   #1536
BHPian

Anyone knows where to buy Waxpol Wax in mumbai(Preferably around Navi Mumbai)? I checked several shops in Mulund/Vashi/Thane, no one keeps it :(. All are just pitching for formula 1 polish, which I want to avoid as you cant really figure out if they are genuine or fake !
Old 12th January 2010, 20:27   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Got it from Khan Market New Delhi.

@sohail99 Paaji Car looks awesome. do attach a black parandi on car and hide it from normal view .
Thanks man!

btw bought a HGA car cover from the dealership to hide my love from prying eyes of jealous ppl!
Old 12th January 2010, 20:32   #1538
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Carz Spa

Hi folks
I went to the Carz Spa today- the one run by Bimal
Well first thing- there was none to talk to me there( only guys working on a car), looks like i went to the service center and not the showroom(bimal) so probably did not get what i expected( which is like a car detailing center where some manager receives you etc)
I had the phone number so had called ahead and called the same guy - i wanted a trial to see if the horrendous scratches on my car surface can go( all caused due to stupid cleaning buy using improper cloth and on dusty car in my absence)
The guy did the following steps
1. Clayed( but he used only water to lubricate) and it was not megs clay
2. Diamond Cut #85 from Megs professional series using a machine
3. Speed Glaze #80 from Megs
Most of the scratches are gone but some deeper ones did not. The guy did not look like very knowledgeable, after all he is just a technician. I wanted some info from the guy who knows the products and knows about detailing.
He did his best to explain how it works etc- but told me deeper ones will prob not go away which was disappointing for me
Another v interesting thing was that my car did have dust and the got a dirty looking cloth and just simply rubbed it over!!! i was zapped and he said its a microfiber so not to worry. it was a large cloth and which could stretch too- made in china as is expected but looked different from what i have seen, will maybe ask him where to get one..its great to wipe the car with that- no scratches at all!!!
Reading Megs Online Forum gives me an idea that different combinations need to be used for different types of treatment( as like a doctor does) and these guys are just using the SAME prods for any car in fact.
Probably this is the best we can get here
I got the boot (1/2 of it) done and will now go to the 3M guys in Hyundai center to see how they fare on the other half. The best one will win the 2500 Odd Rs i can spare for this to get atleast 90% surface cleared
BTW the best part of the trip was that the guy complemented my car for great maintenance except for the blemishes which only an car lover like me may notice. At one point he said we cannot apply a lot on new car like this- so i asked him how old is the car and he told 6 months. I was happy to tell him its almost 2 years now
Man i wish we see some REALLY professional and proper detailing centers -esp since india is probably one of the most hostile environment for cars...

Last edited by mkh : 12th January 2010 at 20:46. Reason: added text
Old 12th January 2010, 23:02   #1539
BHPian

^^ 3M people at trident pressure washed my car before proceeding any further, And the people were professional and knew what they were doing.
How much did the bimal guys quote for the treatment?
Old 13th January 2010, 10:08   #1540
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
^^ 3M people at trident pressure washed my car before proceeding any further, And the people were professional and knew what they were doing.
How much did the bimal guys quote for the treatment?
even here the guy who was doing knew his job well- only that probably i landed at the end of the day r at the wrong entrance that none was there
They will also pressure wash before treating...and it helps to be at the service center when doing these things as more space and facilities like water etc
There is a 3 step process for my car 2400
4 step is 3200 and so on till 6 step
This is for large car- lesser cost for medium car( yours)
I need to see the smaller and more stubborn scratches to go away to really be convinced on any treatment..
Old 13th January 2010, 13:19   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
even here the guy who was doing knew his job well- only that probably i landed at the end of the day r at the wrong entrance that none was there
They will also pressure wash before treating...and it helps to be at the service center when doing these things as more space and facilities like water etc
There is a 3 step process for my car 2400
4 step is 3200 and so on till 6 step
This is for large car- lesser cost for medium car( yours)
I need to see the smaller and more stubborn scratches to go away to really be convinced on any treatment..
If the 3 step process is just claying, rubbing and waxing for 2400, consider 3M treatment for 2.8k for a medium sedan. I was 100% satisfied with the results,
For the deeper scratches, they try to minimise it using rubbing compound, and if it still visible, they do paint touch up using the exact shade.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:28   #1542
BHPian

As seen in this forum the turtle wax and Meguirs are not easily available and authenticity is doubtful apart from expensive.
In this case, the authentic wax products from Waxpol make a lot of sense. I am using them and they seem to be excellent for my M-800 and ANHC. Any comments on harm to ANHC paint.
IMHO,A branded local product is better bet than duplicate foreign products.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:42   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
In this case, the authentic wax products from Waxpol make a lot of sense. I am using them and they seem to be excellent for my M-800 and ANHC. Any comments on harm to ANHC paint.
IMHO,A branded local product is better bet than duplicate foreign products.
Any pointers to the shops that store waxpol products. Cannot locate them till now in Bangalore.

Thanks a ton
Old 13th January 2010, 15:59   #1544
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
For the benefit of Bangalore boys:
3M service center has moved from near Indiranagar BDA complex to Banaswadi.

New Address:
22, 100ft. Rd. Dodda Banaswadi
Near to New Tamarind Restaurant/Just Bake/Nilgiri. Its on 1st floor above a Optical Shop

During my 2500km. stint from noida to bangalore i have lot of grease and bug remains in the front of the car. I went there for an estimate. They said Rs.3000.

I am also considering Car Spaz (Bimal Whitefield). They use Meguiar's products and charge Rs. 2600 for a 4 step treatment (pre-wax + sealant + wax + polymer finisher).

Any sugesstions. I plan to give my car a new yeae gift this weekend :-)
Did you happen to take the Carz Spa treatment? If so- share the results please?
Old 13th January 2010, 17:50   #1545
BHPian

I am looking for 3m and waxpol product at Mumbai. cant find any through google or justdial.

guys, please give me names, address and contact numbers for both product dealers/ shops.

UM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks