Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2014, 20:11   #8401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Meguiars quik detailer is available for 300 in 3M.
Had been there today.
Lot of other meguiar stuff cheaper than online.
Ideally should be same cost at all 3M outlets. Any experiences ?
Old 19th March 2014, 21:07   #8402
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Ideally should be same cost at all 3M outlets. Any experiences ?
Nope. No experiences.
There was an MRP tag on the spray so I guess should be the same price.
Old 19th March 2014, 21:10   #8403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Nope. No experiences.
There was an MRP tag on the spray so I guess should be the same price.
Haha. Sorry I thought sites charge more and 3M charges less. If MRP mentioned then why a variance...
Old 21st March 2014, 00:36   #8404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Can you share more pictures? What is capacity and how much/where did you get it for? Does it seem to have more pressurised output than the ones shared above?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Hi Sunnyboy, where do we get that sprayer can?
I got mine from an Agricultural shop, anyone selling pesticides will be having one of these. Sorry don't have more pictures with me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Hey, I got this one lying idle in my storeroom for long, used earlier for gardening. At what stage of the detailing do you use it and how? IIRC, it spurts out more of a mist and so I never thought about utilizing it!
I use it for rinsing the car along with wheel wells and underbody since I don't have a pressure washer. The pressure developed is not more than the 1.5L ones being discussed however since it holds more fluids, it sprays with pressure longer and I can use it with the sprayer pointed upside down; which is quite a chore with the 1.5L ones.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 11:19   #8405
BHPian

I found these ones and cost around 700-800 bucks. They are locally manufactured so getting spares might be easy. I may get the 12 liter one and use it for normal plain water/shampoo wash for car. My car is parked in basement and not close to any electrical outlet and not possible to run pipe from the water outlet. So I have to go for manual one and the capacity would limit my visit to water outlet only once. I could have used a normal bucket and tumbler but this would hopefully give me more control/pressure.

Note: I'm not connected to either of the companies mentioned below. I found them listed on ebay and followed the product page.

These come in 12 - 16 Liter capacity which should take care of the entire car.

1) http://www.krishiyantra.in/Product_d...lsofproduct=18
2) http://blustal.com/index.php?page=titan-12

Snap of the 12 liter one:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-products2.jpg
Old 21st March 2014, 12:21   #8406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found these ones and cost around 700-800 bucks. They are locally manufactured so getting spares might be easy. I may get the 12 liter one and use it for normal plain water/shampoo wash for car. My car is parked in basement and not close to any electrical outlet and not possible to run pipe from the water outlet. So I have to go for manual one and the capacity would limit my visit to water outlet only once. I could have used a normal bucket and tumbler but this would hopefully give me more control/pressure.

Note: I'm not connected to either of the companies mentioned below. I found them listed on ebay and followed the product page.

These come in 12 - 16 Liter capacity which should take care of the entire car.

1) http://www.krishiyantra.in/Product_d...lsofproduct=18
2) http://blustal.com/index.php?page=titan-12
I would rather use a bucket and a 1.5/5L sprayer. It will be difficult and heavy to carry around a 12L+3KG on your back.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 13:00   #8407
BHPian

Quote:
I found these ones and cost around 700-800 bucks. They are locally manufactured so getting spares might be easy. I may get the 12 liter one and use it for normal plain water/shampoo wash for car.
It is a sprayer not a pressure washer. It can create mist but can not generate sufficient pressure to lift the contaminants from the vehicle body. Please correct me if I am wrong.
MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 14:00   #8408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
It is a sprayer not a pressure washer. It can create mist but can not generate sufficient pressure to lift the contaminants from the vehicle body. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I suppose These are the ones used to spray pesticides on plants. So it is pressured output but primarily for reach and ease from constant pumping unlike a standard pump where you keep pumping for every spray output. Its good to spread the liquid fast in spread area. So typically over a car it should take 5 mins maximum to wet it all over.
Old 21st March 2014, 15:34   #8409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I would rather use a bucket and a 1.5/5L sprayer. It will be difficult and heavy to carry around a 12L+3KG on your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I suppose These are the ones used to spray pesticides on plants. So it is pressured output but primarily for reach and ease from constant pumping unlike a standard pump where you keep pumping for every spray output. Its good to spread the liquid fast in spread area. So typically over a car it should take 5 mins maximum to wet it all over.
True. You can never match this to the ones that are pressurized by electricity/battery. If you however look at the specs, it can spray at pressure upto 65psi which seems a decent alternative and as post above said, it'll be good enough to cover the car quickly as it shall be easy to spread it across more or less evenly.

The size/weight might be downside, but based on requirement, you can just fill maybe half of its capacity. Also, with the pipe/rod, you should be able to leave it down next to car and use it instead of carrying it on your back.

EDIT: Maybe the 5/8 liters might be more handy: http://blustal.com/index.php?page=co...rayers-hobby-8
For a typical sedan, would 5 liter of water be enough or would it require 8 liter?

Last edited by neel911 : 21st March 2014 at 15:38.
Old 21st March 2014, 16:54   #8410
BHPian

Quote:
For a typical sedan, would 5 liter of water be enough or would it require 8 liter?
Once dusting is done, You just need to pump once and use 1.5 Ltr, it covers the full sedan. In any day, I never crossed .5 Ltr for wet the full car using this sprayer. I have the one mixed with ONR, So I work in portion.
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:13   #8411
Senior - BHPian

I had detailed the car last weekend but had left out some panels at back. I completed it yesterday.

Wash -> Clay -> UC -> UP -> Nxt Tech Wax:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_5901.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_5908.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_5918.jpg

Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre foam and Hot Rims cleaner:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_5927.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_5930.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100_5932.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:35   #8412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I had detailed the car last weekend but had left out some panels at back. I completed it yesterday.

Wash -> Clay -> UC -> UP -> Nxt Tech Wax:

Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre foam and Hot Rims cleaner:
Car is looking great. Black Is always a treat to work with. You get to see eye popping results. Did you do all by hand. How much time did it take for the complete process?

A couple of suggestions though off topic.

Get the valve caps for the wheels. It will prevent dust from entering the valves and help maintain pressure for longer. Besides if you are using nitrogen the green valves will look nice on the wheels.
Get sticker type weights while balancing the alloys. These won't be visible on the outside and will give the alloys a clean look. Also there won't be any dirt accumulation on the sides of the weights
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:29   #8413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Did you do all by hand. How much time did it take for the complete process?
Yes, I did it by hand. It took three days (one day each weekend). I'm planning to buy a budget machine polisher to apply polish and compounds so that the back breaking sessions come to an end. Do you have any suggestion?

Quote:
Get the valve caps for the wheels. It will prevent dust from entering the valves and help maintain pressure for longer.
Every time I get new valve caps, the fuel pump attendants misplace them. My regular petrol pump guy never misplaces it but if I go to other petrol bunks, they just misplace it.

Quote:
Get sticker type weights while balancing the alloys. These won't be visible on the outside and will give the alloys a clean look. Also there won't be any dirt accumulation on the sides of the weights
Are you referring to the type which Madhu's use? I had seen them using sticker type weights during the tire change. I last two balancing were done at Advaith since I didn't have time to visit Madhus. I don't think these Hyundai guys stock the sticker type weights.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd March 2014 at 12:31.
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:52   #8414
BHPian

Guys,
1) Between Collinite 845 and Meguiars Nxt Gen Tech Wax 2, which one is recommended?
2) Between Meguiars and Mothers clay bar, which one is better?

One of my friends is coming from USA and planning to buy from detailing stuff from there. Present plan is Clay (either Meguiars or Mothers), Meguiars UC, Meguiars UP and Wax (either Meguiars Nxt Gen tech2 or Collinite 845). Any other suggestion for a budget of around USD 40?
Thanks in advance for you replies
Old 23rd March 2014, 13:04   #8415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Guys,
1) Between Collinite 845 and Meguiars Nxt Gen Tech Wax 2, which one is recommended?
2) Between Meguiars and Mothers clay bar, which one is better?
I have used Collinite 845 last year and the results were amazing. It really lasts long. You can see the results of my last year application here.

Nxt Gen Tech Wax too is a good product which I'm using now. Its very easy to apply in comparison to 845 but I don't think it'll last as long as 845. I have to wait and see how long it lasts. If you really want a good shine for a longer duration, I would suggest 845.

I have used only Meguiays clay bar and it does its job perfectly. No idea of Mothers clay bar.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd March 2014 at 13:08.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks