Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 23:36   #8476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experience with CarPro TRIX and Scholl concepts Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Applied it on the plastic using a foam applicator after cleaning the surface. Application is very easy . I put two coats for even coverage. Initially the plastic did not show much difference but the next day i was happy to see that the plastic had acquired a nice matte finish.
Please let me now how much time this product can sustain the black looks of the plastic. The front grill on both sides of the logo has faded in my car resulting in white patches. I applied Waxpol vinyl polish but it didn't make any difference. I then used UTTG based on some recommendations but the results were far from satisfaction. The only saving grace is that the UTTG holds up very well on the tires. Its way better than the Meguiars tire foam which I used earlier.

I'm now looking into some trim restorer which can restore the plastic color and then use UTTG to protect it. Have you come across any good trim restorer? I have found a product from Mothers but I'm unable to find any reviews other than the official video.
Old 20th April 2014, 00:11   #8477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Please let me now how much time this product can sustain the black looks of the plastic. The front grill on both sides of the logo has faded in my car resulting in white patches. I applied Waxpol vinyl polish but it didn't make any difference. I then used UTTG based on some recommendations but the results were far from satisfaction. The only saving grace is that the UTTG holds up very well on the tires. Its way better than the Meguiars tire foam which I used earlier.

I'm now looking into some trim restorer which can restore the plastic color and then use UTTG to protect it. Have you come across any good trim restorer? I have found a product from Mothers but I'm unable to find any reviews other than the official video.
The sustainability is not known. Although the manufacturer claims 6 month., in Indian conditions even if it lasts 3 months I am happy.

Trim restorers are there. I don't remember the names. But they are very costly. It makes sense to buy a new bumper and paint it rather than pay so much to restore a small trim area.
Old 20th April 2014, 14:13   #8478
BHPian

Don't have a snowfoam or a foam lance? Use ONR.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20140420-12.04.28.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20140420-12.04.10.jpg

http://www.mesto.de/en/home/products.../foamer-7.html

http://www.optimumcarcareindia.com/W...id-474430.html

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Mesto or Optimum brands in any way, just an end user of their products.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 20th April 2014 at 14:19. Reason: Added Links
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 14:48   #8479
BHPian

Thanks Pedaltothefloor for the video in particular. very impressive. Couple of Qs (1) what's the foaming agent you used, price and local availability and (2) source n price of Mesta sprayer. Tnx n cheers
Old 20th April 2014, 14:53   #8480
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Thanks Pedaltothefloor for the video in particular. very impressive. Couple of Qs (1) what's the foaming agent you used, price and local availability and (2) source n price of Mesta sprayer. Tnx n cheers
ONR and water were used in the foamer, nothing else.
It is available locally and I have included the link to optimum India store.

I had a friend returning from UK so I asked her to carry the Mesto for me. It is carried by leading online detailing stores like Polishedbliss.co.uk and elite car care I think. I got it off PB. You could also get it from Germany, if somebody is traveling since it is a German brand. It may be available on ebay, I will check and post here.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/mesto-...o6h5q9os00o7i4

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...e-sprayer.html

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 20th April 2014 at 14:56. Reason: Added links
Old 20th April 2014, 19:21   #8481
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought ONR Wash and Wax 32 OZ bottle from Optimumcarcareindia through their website online order. I received a bottle which was not sealed (Bottle cap was open). When I pointed this out to the Optimumcarcareindia folks they said this is how they get it from their parent organisation. I am shocked at this statement. Anyone having similar experience with ONR 32 OZ wash and wax.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 19:37   #8482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I recently bought ONR Wash and Wax 32 OZ bottle from Optimumcarcareindia through their website online order. I received a bottle which was not sealed (Bottle cap was open). When I pointed this out to the Optimumcarcareindia folks they said this is how they get it from their parent organisation. I am shocked at this statement. Anyone having similar experience with ONR 32 OZ wash and wax.
ONR bottles were never "sealed". I have been using it for over 2 years now. I am not sure why are you shocked.
Old 20th April 2014, 21:54   #8483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
You can try washing it with water (or a very mild soap solution) and dry it in shade. It should improve the performance a bit.
Thanks for the suggestion. I washed the duster with a mild soap solution. The performance has been improved.
Old 20th April 2014, 23:53   #8484
BHPian

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image3546264501.jpg

Hello Gurus,
Brushed my car against a raised pavement while reversing with the help of a restaurant guard :-( My service trip to the service station is still couple of months away. Are there any DIY methods to get the even surface back or Atleast make it a little less visible in terms of eyesore? Will get it painted during my next service trip.
Thanks in advance.
Old 21st April 2014, 00:18   #8485
BHPian

the small white lines can be taken care of with a little rubbing compound but I'm afraid that the deeper ones have no hopes except for a repaint. Maybe for time being you could do a little touch up using com-paints
richie4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 08:39   #8486
Senior - BHPian

@TSIched'Out : Even if you decide to buy, PLEASE check the shade in some interior corner (I checked in my bonnet interior & bumper lower section). If it doesn't match even to the slightest, don't proceed.

Try a rubbing compound instead for the small ones so the scratch would get toned down abit.

Com-Paint
: PLEASE be very careful of dealing with these guys from Delhi. I bought paint from them for my Linea and the colour wasn't matching. I was in touch with this guy named Saurav. Even after 1 month of follow up's, he hasn't bothered to give a damn. Its like they're literally hidng behind their call centers after selling me a wrong shade!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 21st April 2014 at 08:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 09:56   #8487
BHPian

hey guys, what is the easy n quick way to remove the water droplet marks formed when only a few drops of rain water fall on a little dusty car?
Old 21st April 2014, 12:46   #8488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
hey guys, what is the easy n quick way to remove the water droplet marks formed when only a few drops of rain water fall on a little dusty car?
Dust the car with dry cloth and then wipe with a clean wet cloth.
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:00   #8489
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please suggest a cleaner/detailer for the interiors such as dashboard, plastics, trims, door pads etc. When I was at 3M Car Care last time, these guys had used some compound to clean the interiors and the results were fantastic - the dash was clean and had a faint glow.

Is Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant worthwhile? Snapdeal is currently running an offer for Rs. 539 inclusive of shipping charges. Cheaper than other sources.
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:37   #8490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, please suggest a cleaner/detailer for the interiors such as dashboard, plastics, trims, door pads etc. When I was at 3M Car Care last time, these guys had used some compound to clean the interiors and the results were fantastic - the dash was clean and had a faint glow.

Is Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant worthwhile? Snapdeal is currently running an offer for Rs. 539 inclusive of shipping charges. Cheaper than other sources.
I use the Meguiar's and I can vouch for their ..umm, for lack of a better word, awesomeness
devious.mojave is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks