Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 07:37   #6976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj
I won't use blade on my 10 YO Santro so won't even think of using it on Crusoe (Linea) that has just turned one. I did try a plastic spatula after spraying generous quantity of QD. Some of the paint drops were too heavily bonded so didn't continue the effort.

WD 40 seems to be a "need to have" product and will procure one soon.

I tried to find good quality clay however, most of the accessory guys in my area don't even know what detailing clay is. Even the Reliance Autozone guys don't stock it. The only options I had was online order and that would have taken at least a week and I didn't want to wait for week with the paint spots.

There's a good detailer near Gurgaon who might have been able to clay it properly but that guy was very busy and I didn't want to drive for 50KMs without getting any work done. So, found two detailers near my home. One had Meguiar's products but the work was being done in open (read main road). NCR is extremely dusty and I just didn't want the rubbing/polishing to be done in open thus, went to the guy who is located in basement of a mall. He uses products of a co. called Paicar. The guy said it's an Italian company but the import label said Australia. They took 3 hours to wash, polish and wax the car. All the spots have gone and Crusoe is shining again.

Applied another coat of wax (Eagle Nano wax) after 24 hours.
Detailing products are best bought online in India. Nobody sells Optimum and Zaino in stores in this Country.
You do know that Eagle One Nano Wax is just a QD at best? It won't offer you any protection. BTW, everybody should have some clay at home. Optimum has some excellent clay.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 09:23   #6977
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post

WD 40 seems to be a "need to have" product and will procure one soon.

Biraj, widely available in Indirapuram. 260/- for a big aerosol. The native version ZORRIK 88 is available too. Might consider adding the arsenal with a small jar of WAXPOL finishing compound as well. It is as mild as a rubbing compound can get and scuffs/minor clearcoat scratches are taken care of very nicely. Ask me for a demo . I do it every weekend on Nautilus.

Mind you, only the "FINISHING" compound, not the others, which are very coarse. This can be hand applied and worked upon with just an armspower motor.

And, PAI:

http://www.paicristal.in/contact_us.html

Based in Noida Sec 63. Good range of products.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 5th March 2013 at 09:34. Reason: Added link
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:50   #6978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I went in for seat covers today. Picked up the car late at night and didn't check well. When I reached home, found this ugly snickering on the paint right below the swift logo :(

How can I get rid of this without damaging the paint?
SOrry for the bump up.

Can someone pls help with this. the stickering on the body pain looks ugly and i want to get rid of it asap. I am only scared about chipping the paint.

I tried spraying WD-40, leaving it on for 10 mins and scratching away with my nails, but it didnt help.
Old 5th March 2013, 11:51   #6979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SOrry for the bump up.

Can someone pls help with this. the stickering on the body pain looks ugly and i want to get rid of it asap. I am only scared about chipping the paint.

I tried spraying WD-40, leaving it on for 10 mins and scratching away with my nails, but it didnt help.
Could you maybe post a photo of the same?
Old 5th March 2013, 13:30   #6980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

Could you maybe post a photo of the same?
The car is parked in the basement and this is the best i can get now. Since its radium, it reflects under flash.

Will get clearer pics when I take the car out
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image4027683170.jpg  

Old 5th March 2013, 19:36   #6981
Senior - BHPian

Pick off a top corner and use iso propyl alcohol (spirit) on it generously to dissolve the adhesive. Add a drop, wait for a sec then peel a bit, add another drop, peel more and so on
Old 5th March 2013, 21:53   #6982
BHPian

Quote:
SOrry for the bump up.

Use a hair dryer to gently heat the sticker. The adhesive will soften up and you can easily peel it off. Use WD40 to clean off the remnants of the adhesive.
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 22:18   #6983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Pick off a top corner and use iso propyl alcohol (spirit) on it generously to dissolve the adhesive. Add a drop, wait for a sec then peel a bit, add another drop, peel more and so on
Thanks. Will the spirit harm the paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

Use a hair dryer to gently heat the sticker. The adhesive will soften up and you can easily peel it off. Use WD40 to clean off the remnants of the adhesive.
Read the hair dryer option on the net. However it was suggested only for vinyl stickers. This is radium. Will it still work?
Old 5th March 2013, 23:04   #6984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Great news for Hyderabad car lovers

3M has opened its first car care center in Hyderbad at Madhapur.
It is on the 100 ft road connecting Cyber towers to Ayappa Society.

I made a visit to the place today morning. It is nice, big and clean. The onwer's name is Vinod and I found him to be nice and knowledgable.
He had a look at my car and said that the car is maintained well and polishing etc is not required - just cleaning and waxing will do. Thanks to TBHP, he was impressed by my knowledge about car detailing...I smiled and showed him the 'LIVE to DRIVE' TBHP sticker on my rear bumper

They also have Meguiar's products on sale - NXT car shampoo (480bucks for 530 ml), Meguiar's Quick detailer (300 bucks), Interior protectant and Tech Wax (1400 bucks).

I am planning to buy the shampoo and the QD from them.
Took my new Wagon R to 3M Hyderabad yesterday. The center is run by Vinod and Vijay, brothers. Both of them are very knowledgeable. Got the paint sealant, underbody coating, PPP for the ORVM's and Scotchguard for the seat fabric done. Was very happy with the work. Cost: Rs.5500
Quote:
Thanks. Will the spirit harm the paint?

Read the hair dryer option on the net. However it was suggested only for vinyl stickers. This is radium. Will it still work?

Have tried it myself. It works.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th March 2013 at 08:09.
Old 6th March 2013, 20:44   #6985
BHPian

So been trying out the new ONR Wash and wax for the past few days. THe product is fantastic and does what it says on the label. Leaves a slick and fresh waxed feeling and smells even better too.
The product faced its real test today when I had to visit the svc for some work, few people left some grease stains on it. However, unlike previous times where I had to resort to claying, today the grease stains went off with just a wipe.

Thing to note is Ive used the Wolfgang sealant and then ONR. Both are fantastic products from Mr. Nirmal.
Old 8th March 2013, 19:02   #6986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig
So been trying out the new ONR Wash and wax for the past few days. THe product is fantastic and does what it says on the label. Leaves a slick and fresh waxed feeling and smells even better too.
The product faced its real test today when I had to visit the svc for some work, few people left some grease stains on it. However, unlike previous times where I had to resort to claying, today the grease stains went off with just a wipe.

Thing to note is Ive used the Wolfgang sealant and then ONR. Both are fantastic products from Mr. Nirmal.
Who is Mr. Nirmal, is he with ECC Bangalore? But they only retail optimum products. Where did you get Wolfgang from?
The new ONR will alter the behavior of your LSP and I don't like that. In fact, old ONR will do that too. How I hope we had Meg's Rinsefree Express wash or Chemical Guys Hose Free Eco Wash readily available.
Old 8th March 2013, 20:51   #6987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Who is Mr. Nirmal, is he with ECC Bangalore? But they only retail optimum products. Where did you get Wolfgang from?
The new ONR will alter the behavior of your LSP and I don't like that. In fact, old ONR will do that too. How I hope we had Meg's Rinsefree Express wash or Chemical Guys Hose Free Eco Wash readily available.
Mr. Nirmal is nirmaljusdoit from this forum. He is in the professional detailing business in Bangalore. Nope he isn't with ECC. ECC is run by Mr. Nitin.

I got Wolfgang also from Mr. Nirmal.

About altering the behavior I doubt as I used it 48 hours after curing the sealant. And water beads fine with or without ONR. It adds another layer of protection much like a QD but with added Uv protection.

Regards.
Old 8th March 2013, 21:24   #6988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig

Mr. Nirmal is nirmaljusdoit from this forum. He is in the professional detailing business in Bangalore. Nope he isn't with ECC. ECC is run by Mr. Nitin.

I got Wolfgang also from Mr. Nirmal.

About altering the behavior I doubt as I used it 48 hours after curing the sealant. And water beads fine with or without ONR. It adds another layer of protection much like a QD but with added Uv protection.

Regards.
@nirmaljustdoit Cold you please post details of brands that you retail and are these in store only or are you able to ship them as well?
Old 9th March 2013, 20:56   #6989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thanks for all the advise. Didnt have a hair dryer at home and couldnt anyways take it to the car. So took the easy way out and took the car to 3M car care.

They used the option suggested by mortis. Peeled off one part and then sprayed a adhesive dissolver and continued peeling. The sticker is gone with no damage to the paint. i am so relieved now
Old 10th March 2013, 00:47   #6990
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th March 2013 at 11:29.
Mortis is online now   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks