Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 23:30   #7006
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys,

This question has been asked before but can't help doing so again! For my Summit White Cruze (22 months old), should I go for Ultimate Detailerz (UD) or 3M HSR?

Please advise! :-)
Do it yourself! Its a relatively new car and i am assuming you wont need the use of one of those buffing machines. You'll get a nice workout and you'll also love your car even more.
Old 13th March 2013, 00:40   #7007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I second what has been said above. I haven't tried 3m but can vouch for Nirmal. He does a great job in restoring your car to showroom condition,sometimes even better than that !
You can learn a lot from him and start maintaining your car's finish between detailing sessions by devoting a few hrs every weekend.
I think it's called the Show car finish. Whatever it is I've learnt a lot just by listening to Nirmal. So you can go to him to. He is also up to date with the latest methods etc. And he also uses very good products. So no worries on that front also.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 07:17   #7008
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Do it yourself! Its a relatively new car and i am assuming you wont need the use of one of those buffing machines. You'll get a nice workout and you'll also love your car even more.
Guys, thanks for the immediate replies!

@Amitoj, have been washing the car myself for the last 6 months around once a week. Issue is that I stay in a area with terrible borewell water and the deposits are quite evident on all the linings, nooks etc. Also, the usual Autoluru 2 wheelers have left their tiny scratch marks all over.

So desperately need a one-off by an expert which I then hope to maintain going forward!
Old 13th March 2013, 12:13   #7009
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I just got my order of the Karcher K 2.110 from Flipkart. They do not include the foam washer container with the kit, instead there is a pipe at the back of the unit through which you can feed detergent\shampoo.
Anyone using\used this model?
manish - could you share your feedback on K 2.110?
Old 13th March 2013, 12:53   #7010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
manish - could you share your feedback on K 2.110?
Yep, there is a pipe at the back of the unit which can be used to feed shampoo, but it really isn't practical as you tend to spill the bottle holding the shampoo around.

The effectiveness of the pressure washer in itself is fantastic, no frills or fancy adjustments. It's got only the V-shape spray which suits my requirements. Uses minimal water (approx 2 buckets) & washing is completed in approx 10-15mins. The most important thing I found is setup is very easy, usually you end up spending more time setting up a unit to wash the car than actually washing the car itself.

The noise levels are not too high so you don't end up disturbing the neighbors! Overall a very user friendly & simple product for the value.

Last edited by mb_jg : 13th March 2013 at 12:54.
Old 13th March 2013, 14:35   #7011
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, there is a pipe at the back of the unit which can be used to feed shampoo, but it really isn't practical as you tend to spill the bottle holding the shampoo around.

The effectiveness of the pressure washer in itself is fantastic, no frills or fancy adjustments. It's got only the V-shape spray which suits my requirements. Uses minimal water (approx 2 buckets) & washing is completed in approx 10-15mins. The most important thing I found is setup is very easy, usually you end up spending more time setting up a unit to wash the car than actually washing the car itself.

The noise levels are not too high so you don't end up disturbing the neighbors! Overall a very user friendly & simple product for the value.
Thanks for your quick response!
Could you give me some idea on length of pipe/hose/spray cord/power cord?
Old 13th March 2013, 14:39   #7012
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your quick response!
Could you give me some idea on length of pipe/hose/spray cord/power cord?
The power cord would be approx 5m long, the length of the pipe with trigger included could be approx 3m. These specs makes it very easy to move around & cover one part of the car at a time.
Old 13th March 2013, 14:44   #7013
BHPian

Quote:
The power cord would be approx 5m long, the length of the pipe with trigger included could be approx 3m. These specs makes it very easy to move around & cover one part of the car at a time.
Ok! and the hose length (which connects to tap) is 3m too?
Old 13th March 2013, 14:46   #7014
BHPian

Quote:
Ok! and the hose length (which connects to tap) is 3m too?
No baba, you need to have an adhoc hose to connect from the tap to the washer (water input). I am referring to the hose\pipe which connects to the actual trigger (spray) that is 3m long.
Old 13th March 2013, 14:50   #7015
BHPian

Quote:
No baba, you need to have an adhoc hose to connect from the tap to the washer (water input). I am referring to the hose\pipe which connects to the actual trigger (spray) that is 3m long.
thank you Manish
I hope this adhoc hose you are referring to is part of package

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th March 2013 at 15:41. Reason: 2 smiley per post ONLY. Next time infraction so please refrain
Old 13th March 2013, 14:51   #7016
BHPian

Quote:
thank you Manish
I hope this adhoc hose you are referring to is part of package
Dream on...you will have to purchase it separately from your friendly neigbourhood hardware store
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 14:53   #7017
BHPian

Quote:
Dream on...you will have to purchase it separately from your friendly neigbourhood hardware store
so much for value for money! thank you so much for clarifying!
Old 13th March 2013, 14:54   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
so much for value for money! thank you so much for clarifying!
Arey baba, it's a simple water hose that we usually use to water the gardens. No washer unit comes with the adhoc hose. It really shouldn't be a deal breaker for you in anycase.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 16:13   #7019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Issue is that I stay in a area with terrible borewell water and the deposits are quite evident on all the linings, nooks etc. Also, the usual Autoluru 2 wheelers have left their tiny scratch marks all over.
Use a car wash/car shampoo. I bought a 3M car wash bottle which balances the ph value of the water and reduces the hardness. This will ensure you wont have those scaling marks or hard water stains on the car after it dries.
Old 13th March 2013, 16:24   #7020
Distinguished - BHPian

Using a Sonax car wash now and that certainly does help. Issue is with the older marks which are darker in colour and obstinate to remove. Don't want to use much pressure for fearing of damaging the paint.

Is there any specialized DIY product that deals with the older scalings effectively? Or should I simply use something like a toothbrush to gently brush them away with some concentrated car shampoo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks