Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 18:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Baleno brother! This signature has been widely appreciated. And I think I know the joke you refer to!
Old 9th March 2006, 18:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Its for makup purposes. Since many cars have a small vanity mirror for the passenger, at times such as night its not adequate. So the left mirror comes in handy with its wide field of view as you can see the whole face.
In west people go to parties a lot, so its compulsary in America to have RHS RV mirror and in RHD countries the Left mirror
Old 9th March 2006, 19:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Its for makup purposes. Since many cars have a small vanity mirror for the passenger, at times such as night its not adequate. So the left mirror comes in handy with its wide field of view as you can see the whole face.
In west people go to parties a lot, so its compulsary in America to have RHS RV mirror and in RHD countries the Left mirror
Oye Tanveer bhai! Kya baat kar rahe ho? You are joking right? That LHS ORVM is to give you a wider field of vision to your far side. And with cars like Indica it can be really useful...
Old 9th March 2006, 19:14   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Thank you, Baleno brother! This signature has been widely appreciated. And I think I know the joke you refer to!
Amazing v1p3r... absolutely amazing. In fact in the signature series of all those dialogues this has to be the best one
Old 9th March 2006, 19:46   #20
Team-BHP Support

Really, and I was thinking that its for the lady passenger to apply makup! Thanks for enlightning me!
Old 10th March 2006, 11:22   #21
BHPian

LHS Rear View Mirror is important...I find it very difficult to drive without it...with all the 2 wheelers & auto fellas on that side..

its like batting in cricket...You should know where your off stump & Leg stump is !! Or else u'll be bowled !!
Old 10th March 2006, 11:40   #22

I use the LHS RV to avoid scratches ... as it will increase atleast few cms of clearance .... Chennai its really necessary as everyone likes to be very " Close " with you on Road
Old 10th March 2006, 18:04   #23
BANNED

And then what is the real use of inside mirror in cars since we've mirrors on both the sides ? I assume that it's only use it is to show what's on the middle of the road.
Old 10th March 2006, 18:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

With only the inside mirror, the driver's view is quite restricted and there are lots of "blind spots" which could prove hazardous. However, guys who started driving 10-15 years or more ago, can drive using only the inside mirror because the cars of that time did not have the outside mirrors or had only the one on driver's side.
However, using all 3 mirrors is the best way to prevent any accident.
Old 10th March 2006, 19:09   #25
BHPian

good question........I was wondering about that for a while as well.
Old 11th March 2006, 13:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

mirrors are a waste of money - as are headlights . hardly anyone uses them. or if someone is using it no one bothers.

I say the manufacturers shud not provide mirrors and healites and tail lites.
ONLY HORNS shud be provided as OEM fitment - the cost of a vehicle can be reduced too.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 11th March 2006 at 13:28.
Old 11th March 2006, 17:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think it depends upon the particular car you are driving as well. For eg., in Maruti 800, i have never ever felt the need to use Right side RVM, let alone Left side RVM (which doesnt exist anyway). The rear visibility is so good through the rear mirror itself.
Now i cannot say the same about my other car, thats wagonR. Its not because its more wide or anything, its because of its design. The design of rear is such that i cannot do without side view mirrors. Same is the case with Swift. Its the view from the inner mirror which is the issue, not the width of the car.
Old 11th March 2006, 18:27   #28
BHPian

all 3 RVMs are a must for me to drive with full concentration and confidence.

extrenal RVMs are used to keep an eye over both the rear ends of car and to keep blindspots to a minimum! yes, even after those RVMs, there are still many blindspots.

i drives Palio and Santro, both cars have a higher rear end. Ikon also suffers from this peculiar problem.
to reverse back these cars either you needs a co-pilot giving you directions as in the case of a trucker(!!) or you need both external RVMs.

now after so much of years of reversing with those mirrors, reversing the car is a breeze for me. can reverse it in tighest of spots.

also, the internal RVM has become a secondary thing for me. it is mostly used in nights as it has 'night rear view' which helps in dimming the light from car following me.
i wish if some company provides me with such 'night-view RVMs' for external use too! just a wish though.
Old 13th March 2006, 01:25   #29
BHPian

In the "economy variant" of many of the cars sold in India, the left mirror is left out ! (Thank goodness they still provide 4 wheel + 1 spare !) I couldn't live without without it, so I added it on my Esteem LX.

I guess many people have milked the "I-can-see-better-with-'em" reason dry... here's my take on why they're necessary:

Y'see, cars of today are designed with lots of thought given to aerodynamics. Like it or not, the shape of most of today's cars produce "lift", and depending on the shape of the outside mirrors (or wing mirrors, as some like to call them), the mirrors produce lift too...

So... if you didn't have a left mirror (as on the economy variants), your car would have more lift on the right side than the left... and at high speeds, it would flip over !

... honest !

- T u r b o C -
Old 13th March 2006, 01:52   #30
BHPian

the mirrors in the car are very cery nessesary..
imagine driving a plane without wings.. lolz..
its just that for safely measure it's very usefull.. for us and for people behind us.. because it makes it easy 2see cars on the other side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks