Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 10:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

I got it done at the authorized service centre as part of regular service. I recommend you take it to HASS. Do not think you will have to leave the car there.
Old 12th August 2008, 18:18   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Please read my post on page 60 of this thread > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post576551

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2014 at 12:16. Reason: Updating link, as someone reported it was broken. Thanks.
Old 12th August 2008, 22:46   #33
BHPian

Thank you Mr Behram, that's a wonderful write up, even though it is a bit general for my particular question. In the high beam adjustment section you mentioned that it should be parallel to ground. Do high beams also have the sharp horizontal cutoff line like in low beam? The high beam in my car is kind of spread out, even in the vertical direction.
Old 15th August 2008, 03:46   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
...The up-down adjustment works fine but the left-right adjustment does not seem to move at all. In fact the headlights point more towards the right whereas I need to see pedestrians and road edge to the left...
See my post #20 in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
...Do high beams also have the sharp horizontal cutoff line like in low beam? The high beam in my car is kind of spread out, even in the vertical direction.
High beams do not have a sharp horizontal edge/cutoff.

The sharp edge you see on the low-beam is caused by a little metal cup next to the low-beam filament (atleast on H4s and other dual-filament bulbs).
There is another totally exposed filament for the high beam.

In the case of these bulbs, you ONLY need to adjust your headlights to spec on the low-beam setting, the high beam will get set accordingly (since both low and high filaments are in the same bulb).

See the images below for a better understanding :

Low beam filament is lit
How to adjust headlight beams-h4lowbeam.jpg
"2" in the diagram above is a little metal cup/reflector

High beam filament is lit
How to adjust headlight beams-h4highbeam.jpg

cya
R

Source of images : Bosch H4 Lighting

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2008 at 21:35. Reason: added description to first image.
Rehaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2008, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Rehaan, thanks for the graphical explanation above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
If it doesnt work in either direction, maybe the gear/screw doesnt have a stop at the end and has been turned so far that the two parts are no longer in contact. If this is the case, try pushing the headlight in the desired direction while turning the screw too... this might make them contact each other once again.
Haven't tried this one yet, but worth a try.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:56   #36

Adjusting Honda City Headlights

Both the left and right high beams on my Honda City (2007) drift towards the right. I was wondering if there is a specific screw to adjust this manually or do i need to visit a Honda service center to get this fixed. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th May 2009, 09:18   #37
BHPian

There is a screw which can be seen on the upper side of the head lights mounting and one more just between the metal and mount.
But my suggestion is that go to the service center to get them adjusted, i have got them adjusted many times from garages, done it myself but to no use, i am not able to get the original setting back, so learn from my mistake.
Also i would suggest ask them the screw, i am telling this as sometimes you are out of town and you forgot to got it adjusted and then you are having problems seeing, here you can adjust yourself, atleast for then.
Old 4th May 2009, 09:56   #38
BANNED

It is possible to adjust the aim. This is best done in the twilight period. Park the car on a flat road, say 50 to 100' from a wall. Switch on the beam. Mark the spot on the wall where the beam falls. Now adjust the beam to where you want. Remember each beam has two adjusting screws and a three pont fixation. As a result of the two settings (height and direction) one is independent, while the second screw disturbs both. By marking the current and target spots on the wall you can get the correct adjustment every time.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2009, 11:23   #39
BHPian

Head lamp alignment

Hi,
Hope the attached picture serves you for aligning the headlamps. The mentioned setting is for RHD vehicles like in India. Thats the reason why the left beam is more to the left than the right beam. This serves in not directing the high beam towards the on coming traffic on to your right.

For LHD, just mirror the schematic. Check tyre pressure. Rotate the head-lamp levelling arrangement to minimum or zero. Use low-beam while adjusting.

Measure the points A1 and A2 from the vehicle centre line as per your vehicle dimensions.
Attached Thumbnails
How to adjust headlight beams-hl.jpg  

ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2010, 22:38   #40
BHPian

re: How to adjust headlight beams

Will attempt the vertical alignment now. If I'm successful then I will repost in a while.
Old 5th February 2011, 09:15   #41
BHPian

Hi,
Recently i had to replace my right headlight assembly. Post this, am a bit uncomfortable with the light beam projection. Though the illumination doesnt bother me too much, I see 2 bright spots on the road.

Is there any mechanic / service centers in Chennai that can align headlight beams reliably?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:00   #42
BHPian

Bolero - How to level the headlights

I have a Bolero CRDe with headlight leveler. But the beams of the left and right lamp are not aligned properly. The left beam is little lower. How do I level it? Had anyone done it at home? I want a DIY solution, don't want to visit A.S.C. for the same

It was very simple in the older Bolero. Just open the front cover, there are 4 screws which can be adjusted to level the beam.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:30   #43
Team-BHP Support

rockyb,

The adjustment should still be the same (or similar) to the older bolero.

The headlight leveler function that is controllable from in the cabin is just a height adjustment over and above the pre-existing adjustments.

cya
R
Old 6th September 2011, 11:11   #44
BHPian

Hi Rehaan

No. The older Bolero was a old design headlamp with lens like a M800 and other cars 10 yrs back. Easy to open / adjust. The new one is a clear lens sealed unit along with parking and indicators. In fact changing the bulb now is also a pain. I can't access it from any direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
rockyb,

The adjustment should still be the same (or similar) to the older bolero.

The headlight leveler function that is controllable from in the cabin is just a height adjustment over and above the pre-existing adjustments.

cya
R
Old 12th September 2011, 14:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Rockyb,

I think there should still be a way to adjust the alignment of the entire unit. It just might not be as evident or accessible as the older type you speak of.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks