Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 12:43   #61

Re: Swift Dzire ( old model)Headlight beam adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
By any chance has the bulb been fitted ulta? Check on this before anything else. As far as bean adjustment goes, there are two small start screw heads at the back, they can be turned around. Hurdle is in a swift accessing them is a big paid due to the space constrains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
There will be 3 positioning pins that are kinda at 3 corners of triangle on the bulb base. The taller side of this triangle should be on top 12 clock position, whereas the other 2 should be at about 5 and 7. It will have corresponding slots on the headlight and bulb will slide into this smoothly. This is one thing you can check.

Thanks a ton , Mr Jaggu !!!
You were right .
I messed up the position of the bulbs.
Refitted the bulbs on my own , once again. Now the bulbs seem to be linear and slotted in precisely.

Will check the beam pattern tonight and get back to you.
However i strongly feel , the issue would ve resolved by now.
Thanks once again for taking the time to reply !.
hbk4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 03:51   #62

Re: Swift Dzire ( old model)Headlight beam adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4 View Post
Thanks a ton , Mr Jaggu !!!
You were right .
I messed up the position of the bulbs.
Refitted the bulbs on my own , once again. Now the bulbs seem to be linear and slotted in precisely.

Will check the beam pattern tonight and get back to you.
However i strongly feel , the issue would ve resolved by now.
Thanks once again for taking the time to reply !.

Issue solved.
Now my dzire has a very bright n long beam in high and very wide and clear beam in low.
Indeed the bulb was fitted ulta , initially..
Thanks a ton , once again for finding the patience to reply and help me out.
Thanks.
Cheers !!
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

re: How to adjust headlight beams

Reviving a pretty old thread.

I guess most of the discussion of headlight adjustments focus on the height (up/down) of the beam which is pretty simple to do. However, I wanted to know, how does one verify that the horizontal beam (width) is focused correctly?

I have been trying to understand this through various videos and threads online but still not clear with procedure.
Old 13th February 2019, 20:13   #64
BHPian

Re: How to adjust headlight beams

Hello Teambhpians, recently i replaced my vento OE reflector Dua barrel headlights with Eagle eyes headlights Dual projector and HID bulbs - tried aiming the headlights myself but in vain. Can you please suggest any aligners where i could get them aligned properly in chennai. Local mechanics are of no use as they think that alignment is perfect consideirng the intensity of the lights HID throws. Please suggest aligners in chennai.
Old 13th February 2019, 20:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Please suggest aligners in chennai.
You could get your lights aligned at MRF tyredrome. They have a light sensor equipment.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 21:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
You could get your lights aligned at MRF tyredrome. They have a light sensor equipment.
I took my car to MRF Tyredome today and surprised to see the professional set up they have with all sophisticated machines. But to my vain they said that 5 levelling motors out of 6 are not working and asked me to contact the dealer from whom i purchased the Eagle Headlight assembly- i may be a culprit by over turning the screw beyond a point that the motor may have got disassembled form the adjusting screws and no more works. After investing close to 45K and beam not being proper, i am concerned, Please suggest ways to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Note: i have bought the headlight without bill under the guarentee form dealer that he will take care for 6 months if any issue arises, but i doubt if he will help.
Old 15th February 2019, 22:13   #67
BHPian

Guys, is there any similar facility like this in Bangalore?
Old 15th February 2019, 23:07   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Guys, is there any similar facility like this in Bangalore?
Check : https://www.mrftyres.com/index#toBuy

What is the difference between level adjustment and height adjustment in this picture?
Any idea:
Name:  Eagle eyes_Vento projector Headlamp.png
Views: 14881
Size:  290.0 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 16th February 2019 at 00:29. Reason: Images aligned. Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 16th February 2019, 00:18   #69
BANNED

Quote:
What is the difference between level adjustment and height adjustment in this picture
Source of this image please?!

There are only two adjustments possible for each reflector:
  • Left and right (L<->R)
  • Up and down (U<->D)

Image is of the Creta with marking on the reflector housing above the adjustment screws (L<->R & U<->D)
How to adjust headlight beams-img_20181011_144630900x1600.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 20:32   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is the difference between level adjustment and height adjustment in this picture?
As a4anurag has implied by asking for the source, this is most likely just a mislabeled image that's causing you confusion.
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 23:04   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Source of this image please?!

There are only two adjustments possible for each reflector:
  • Left and right (L<->R)
  • Up and down (U<->D)

Image is of the Creta with marking on the reflector housing above the adjustment screws (L<->R & U<->D)

Attachment 1849220

Source is aliexpress- as Rehaan mentioned below, it may be a mislabelling . Thanks for your inputs.
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:55   #72
BHPian

Hello People,

Need inputs to adjust the headlights on my 2013 VW Vento that uses H4 bulbs

Had to change the the LHS headlight and now the beam and throw is all weird.

@ low beam There is even a dark area right down the center between the 2 headlight beams and

@ high beam when turned on it seems to just focus on the center (like the beam from a torch) and the light spread disappears.

Bulb seating was checked and found correct. I'm guessing a lot of horizontal and vertical adjustment needs to be done ....

Has anyone done a DIY job on a vento successfully and if you can help me with advice on the same.

Is there any facility or mechanic who will know about adjusting the headlights professionally ?

Another question to clarify ... when high beam is switched on it basically means both filaments are lit up ... am i correct ?

thanks guys any help is always welcome.

PS - any vento club or fellow Bhipians with ventos who catch up every now and then in chennai. Would be great catching up and exchanging notes. My 2013 vento has done roughly 1.25lac kms and still running like a dream ... but i'm sure as the days go by i will need a lot of tips on service and maintenance to keep her in good condition.

thanks Guys.
Cheers.
Old 30th January 2020, 18:31   #73
BHPian

Aiming Aftermarket Headlamps

Posting this, as it may be useful to people who have upgraded or want to upgrade to aftermarket headlamps.

How to adjust headlight beams-d306c1982fe54d3dabc119233ff942fa.jpeg

As you can see, these headlights look super cool on my Honda City, but there is a problem with these that almost no installer can fix.

When we buy such headlamps from the aftermarket, their beams come fixed. Now they may be fixed properly, but these can’t be adjusted, as you lose your headlamp leveller. There are screws present but they don’t really work.

After getting abused by I don’t know how many people for keeping my headlights too high, I was determined to fix this. The solution is simple, don’t throw away/sell your original lights!

The adjustment motor that comes with your original lamps must be removed and placed in the blanks that the aftermarket lights come with.

Attaching picture of the motor:
How to adjust headlight beams-2c96e05eb21143fbb08959ec29592430.jpeg

After you’ve attached this, you can use the screws present on your original motor and get the beams where they’re supposed to be. You also get your leveller back.

I asked so many people, the guy who sold this, various FNGs, Honda ASS, but nobody could bring it back. Then I got the number of a guy who comes at your house and is an expert in aftermarket headlamps.

His name is Aslam, and I’m sharing his phone number here: +918369863328

He works in Mumbai, and you can contact him to set your headlamps.

How to adjust headlight beams-adb677b9ac9e41539aa6b85abf0ea512.jpeg

Now the lights are lowered, and though they’re not perfect, they won’t blind oncoming traffic. The projectors that come with these lights aren’t too good, and this was the best we could get it to.
city2491 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 00:45   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Alto 2005 model - any idea how to adjust the head lights for this guy?

Do note - this model does not have the head light adjuster! :-(
Is it possible to fix a headlight height adjuster at a later time from aftermarket.
Old 24th September 2020, 16:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merwindavid View Post
Is it possible to fix a headlight height adjuster at a later time from aftermarket.
Wow! You bought back some memories!

The adjustment unit is within the headlight casing. So if you need the adjuster, you should be first be able to fix it in your current vehicle. Else, it is the old way of using a screw driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Happy wheels, are you refering to the adjustment dial in the cabin, or the screws/holes/knobs on the headlight assembly? Have you looked under the hood properly?
Just saw your response!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks