Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 20:19   #76
BHPian

Re: Aiming Aftermarket Headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post

After you’ve attached this, you can use the screws present on your original motor and get the beams where they’re supposed to be. You also get your leveller back.
Our Stingray's headlight beams seemed to be out of alignment (looked like the high beam of RHS coincided with the high beam of LHS at some distance). So, when our car was taken for service about a month ago, we told them to adjust the beams. After servicing, we noticed that the low beams were falling very close to the car. At that time, I thought that this second issue was due to the low wattage bulbs on the RHS as we replaced the RHS headlamp assembly due to a crack. So, we took the car to FNG and upgraded the bulbs. Even after this, the issue persisted. We could not take the car to FNG due to some work.

After reading your post, I finally managed to adjust the beams vertically. Thank you so much. But the first issue still persists.

And, is there a way to adjust the beams horizontally?
Old 17th August 2021, 20:23   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
And, is there a way to adjust the beams horizontally?
There would be screws for both horizontal adjustment as well as vertical adjustment. While the vertical adjustment screw is easy to find(right behind the levelling motor) the horizontal screw would be slightly out of sight. But you should find an indicator that would point out to where this screw is.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 21:56   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
...the horizontal screw would be slightly out of sight...
I tried searching, but I could not find. And I forgot to mention one thing. I observed the high beams by standing a few metres away in front of the lights, facing the headlight. I noticed that the RHS high beam was straight when I stood in line with the RHS high beam, while it was not the same with the LHS high beam.
Old 19th August 2021, 20:05   #79

Re: How to adjust headlight beams

I got into a minor accident today, although the bumper and light had minor scuffings on them neither were damaged but to my surprise I noticed that immediately after the incident the aim of the right headlight was drastically lowered,

I don't understand why this happened when my headlights didnt move an inch? Hope anyone here might have any knowledge about why this happened and how to solve this?

The car is the current gen Swift with the LED Projector lights.
Old 19th August 2021, 20:27   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig007 View Post
I don't understand why this happened when my headlights didnt move an inch? Hope anyone here might have any knowledge about why this happened and how to solve this?

Two possibilities, one is that the headlight has indeed got minor dislocation which is not easily noticeable, since a slight change in the angle of the headlight can drastically change the throw of the beam.

The second and worst possibility is that the projector levelling mechanism got dislodged due to the impact and is now hanging down out of place. Doesnt the car have auto levelling headlights? If so then thats the culprit. If you have manual levelling switch then try changing the position to see if the beam moves. If only one side moves, then you unfortunately have an expensive problem.
Old 19th August 2021, 21:03   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The second and worst possibility is that the projector levelling mechanism got dislodged due to the impact and is now hanging down out of place. Doesnt the car have auto levelling headlights? If so then thats the culprit. If you have manual levelling switch then try changing the position to see if the beam moves. If only one side moves, then you unfortunately have an expensive problem.
After your response, I checked my car’s auto levelling, and to my relief it works on both sides similarly.

So theoretically my light level should be fine if I manually adjust the right one to match the left?
Old 20th August 2021, 14:29   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After your response, I checked my car’s auto levelling, and to my relief it works on both sides similarly.

So theoretically my light level should be fine if I manually adjust the right one to match the left?
If auto levelling works, then the internals of the headlights are intact. Check if the headlight assembly is not moving around due to a broken mount or something. I sense a slight dislocation to be the cause of the issue and if the assembly is refit correctly, this should sort it out. Check this before you adjust the beams using the adjustment screw.
Old 21st August 2021, 22:05   #83
BHPian

I found the screw for horizontal adjustment in our Wagonr, but still can't find the screw in our Stingray.

After watching a youtube video on how to adjust the headlight beams horizontally in a Ciaz, I decided to check both the Stingray and the Ciaz's headlight assemblies in boodmo website. The screw is clearly visible in the Ciaz's headlight assembly, while it seems to me that the screw is not present in the Stingray's headlight assembly.

I am attaching the links for the headlight assembly for the Stingray and the Ciaz respectively.

Link1

Link2
Old 15th June 2022, 09:24   #84
AKB
BHPian

Need inputs from the TBHP gurus:

I have a 2022 Kodiaq, and it doesn't have a headlight leveler switch and has 'Adaptive Frontlight System' from Skoda.

The default throw of low beam is very short, not enough to see pedestrian some distance away. I want to increase the throw of my low beam and clueless what is the best way forward. The system doesn't have any setting in the central console as well.

Superb and Octavia have the headlight leveler switch and don't seem to have this challenge.
Old 17th June 2022, 21:49   #85
CSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Expert advise sought..

How to adjust the headlight beam of a Palio/petra for up/ down, left right?

Is it possible to adjust the focus of the beam?

And what is the optimum height for safety and visibility.?

Thanks in advance
DRC
Headlights must be aligned via a Headlight Beam Aligner. We can adjust manually via adjustment screws situated on every headlight but proper method of adjustment and setting focus right can only be done through a Headlight Beam Aligner. Every good ASS has one but they do not use it because of lack of knowledge or they do not care. I noticed Headlight Aligners collecting dust in 2 Honda ASS. Kindly ask your ASS to Align Focus via Headlight Aligner. I am attaching some pictures of Aligner.
Attached Thumbnails
How to adjust headlight beams-20200808_092501318_ios.jpg  

How to adjust headlight beams-20200808_092505254_ios.jpg  

How to adjust headlight beams-20200808_092545115_ios.jpg  

How to adjust headlight beams-20200808_092559125_ios.jpg  

How to adjust headlight beams-20200808_092650526_ios.jpg  

CSA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:48   #86

Hello,

Need some help in adjusting the headlights of my Ameo. Had been taking it to the service center for adjustments. However, somehow the levels are either not properly adjusted or get messed up after a while.

Below is the picture of the top of the headlight assembly. Noticed that there are 3 screws for adjustment. Could someone please tell as to which screw controls the vertical adjustment as well the high beam adjustment? Thanks.
How to adjust headlight beams-whatsapp-image-20221003-10.46.15-am.jpeg
Old 11th July 2023, 20:26   #87

Quote:
I got into a minor accident today, although the bumper and light had minor scuffings on them neither were damaged but to my surprise I noticed that immediately after the incident the aim of the right headlight was drastically lowered,

Similar happened with my Amaze as well. The motor that adjusts the angle of the throw of the headlight gets damaged. You can get it replaced. My Honda service center did it for free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks