Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 19:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Issues with my Maruti SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I received lower arm of SX4. I had ordered it online. Quality looks good and it is a direct fitment, saved 4.5k
Cheers
Hey can you let me know the website from where you ordered this? I need to replace both front lower arms of my SX4.
Old 20th January 2016, 21:49   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.motrpart.in/submodel/77/m...suzuki/sx4/zxi

Check for lower arm. You need to other both right hand and left hand side. I have posted the link of all spare parts available for sx4 in that website
Lower arm is same for ZDI and ZXI. But struts are different for petrol and diesel variants

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 20th January 2016 at 21:50.
Old 20th January 2016, 23:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Hey can you let me know the website from where you ordered this? I need to replace both front lower arms of my SX4.
Quote:
http://www.motrpart.in/submodel/77/m...suzuki/sx4/zxi

Check for lower arm. You need to other both right hand and left hand side. I have posted the link of all spare parts available for sx4 in that website
Lower arm is same for ZDI and ZXI. But struts are different for petrol and diesel variants
Hi Aston Singh and Dr. Naren,
Why did the lower arms of your SX4 need to be replaced? I mean, did they bent or they cracked? What sort of damage was done to these?
Old 20th January 2016, 23:51   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Aston Singh and Dr. Naren,
Why did the lower arms of your SX4 need to be replaced? I mean, did they bent or they cracked? What sort of damage was done to these?
Lower arm was not bent or cracked. Mounting Bush had gone bad leading to kat kat sound on bad roads. Sad part is maruti doesn't provide only bush and should replace entire lower arm. I saved 4.5k by ordering online
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Lower arm was not bent or cracked. Mounting Bush had gone bad leading to kat kat sound on bad roads. Sad part is maruti doesn't provide only bush and should replace entire lower arm. I saved 4.5k by ordering online
This is exactly the same problem with my car as well. Both bushes have a crack and at slower speeds there's "kat kat" sound on bad roads. Kinda spoils the drive if no music is playing in the car so better to get these replaced, especially at this price point!
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:11   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly the same problem with my car as well. Both bushes have a crack and at slower speeds there's "kat kat" sound on bad roads. Kinda spoils the drive if no music is playing in the car so better to get these replaced, especially at this price point!
Hello buddy!!
Have you ordered lower arms for your SX4?I have run around 2000 kms after the installation without any complaints
Old 30th January 2016, 00:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please just fit the lower arms of a swift for this problem. They are 3k for a pair from MGP and they are an exact fit. I just did this and it works perfectly!

The SX4 arms are SGP and 12.6k a pair so you can use the swift arms 4 times if required .
straight6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 19:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Hello buddy!!
Have you ordered lower arms for your SX4?I have run around 2000 kms after the installation without any complaints
Hey Naren. I called up my local car garage guy and he said he'll get me the same thing, 2k a piece and charge around 800-900 for labor and replace both front lower arms.

The front kat kat noise is irritating and is more predominant at slow speeds. Once you pick up speed, the noise disappears.

I'm not able to take out time to take the car to his garage but hope to get it done soon. Will keep you posted.
Old 30th January 2016, 20:01   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naren. I called up my local car garage guy and he said he'll get me the same thing, 2k a piece and charge around 800-900 for labor and replace both front lower arms.

The front kat kat noise is irritating and is more predominant at slow speeds. Once you pick up speed, the noise disappears.

I'm not able to take out time to take the car to his garage but hope to get it done soon. Will keep you posted.
I find the labour of your local garage pretty high. I was charged only 200 rs in MASS. It should be 400 rs for both sides
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 09:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I find the labour of your local garage pretty high. I was charged only 200 rs in MASS. It should be 400 rs for both sides
Oh surprising. I'll have a word with him. Will also check with MASS if they can fir the after-market lower arms.
Old 1st February 2016, 00:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Guys, please just fit the lower arms of a swift for this problem. They are 3k for a pair from MGP and they are an exact fit. I just did this and it works perfectly!

The SX4 arms are SGP and 12.6k a pair so you can use the swift arms 4 times if required .
Interesting information straight6. Thanks.

Is the lower arm common for SX4 and Swift? Or it is not common but is interchangeable?

And how did you discover this information?
Old 1st February 2016, 01:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Interesting information straight6. Thanks.

Is the lower arm common for SX4 and Swift? Or it is not common but is interchangeable?

And how did you discover this information?
Its identical but most people don't know this. A friend with an automatic SX4 suggested this and when I went to the MGP store even the guy there confirmed this.

The mech confirmed that its identical. I asked him if the gauge was same to make sure it can handle the weight and he said yes. At the most the bush may last 2 years for eg. instead of 4 and it will still be cheaper to get these again.
straight6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:09   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Its identical but most people don't know this. A friend with an automatic SX4 suggested this and when I went to the MGP store even the guy there confirmed this.

The mech confirmed that its identical. I asked him if the gauge was same to make sure it can handle the weight and he said yes. At the most the bush may last 2 years for eg. instead of 4 and it will still be cheaper to get these again.
I was wondering why lower arms of SX4 cost a bomb compared to other Maruti models. Now it makes sense, thanks to SGP. Swift lower arm might be of same size, but what about strength? Can it handle the extra weight of sx4?(200 kgs plus)
Old 1st February 2016, 12:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering why lower arms of SX4 cost a bomb compared to other Maruti models. Now it makes sense, thanks to SGP. Swift lower arm might be of same size, but what about strength? Can it handle the extra weight of sx4?(200 kgs plus)
Post from straight6 gives me an impression that the lower arm is common between SX4 and Swift. In that case, we need not worry.

In the website that you suggested (motrparts), Swift lower arm is available for around Rs. 1500 and SX4 lower arm is available for around 2000-2200. So, if we are not sure about common part, better to order SX4 lower arm from motrparts. There is not much cost difference.
Old 1st February 2016, 16:00   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello team,
I ordered front and rear shock absorbers TRW brand from motrpart. Front set 5200 rs and Rear set 3500 rs. I have read somewhere in forum itself that there was good improvement in handling for vento after TRW shock absorber installment. I will install after I run 1 lakh kms, current odo is 96000 kms
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks