Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2019, 23:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Issues with my Maruti SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
16910-69G01 is the part number.
This is SGP Part i guess since it has no M in the number.
Thanks. Though I placed my order the very after I came to know from you about the part number, I got it just yesterday. Costed me Rs 425/-. BTW, may you please source the part number for the fuel filter as well, for a 2011 model?

Last edited by rahul4640 : 4th February 2019 at 00:01.
Old 5th February 2019, 09:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
16910-69G01 is the part number.
This is SGP Part i guess since it has no M in the number.
Thanks again Sir. Though I placed my order a couple of days I came to know from you about the part number, I was supplied with the new dipstick only on last Saturday. But it was a perfect match and costed me Rs 425/-.
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I was looking at this thread and was worried about considering a SX4 as a used car option.

The car really feels like a test model from Maruti, with problems with sensors, suspension, steering.

Is it just for a few users, or is this a common SX4 trend.

Should I consider a 2011 October model?
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:37   #79
BHPian

Go for it, its a great car. Have it checked properly and you wont have any shocks.I picked mine in 2017, a pre-worshiped 2012 ddis and absolutely love the car.
Are you going for a petrol or a diesel? Pay close attention towards steering rack play/noise,lower arms.
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:49   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Steering rack issue is common in first gen Swift and SX4. Apart from that the car is mostly trouble free. Me and my cousin both have SX4, of 2009 and 2012 MY and both of us have faced a rattle from the steering rack. Apart from that, in the last 60k kms all that has happened is regular maintenance, along with a preventive clutch change recently done on my SX4. Still drives like a dream and I find it difficult to find a replacement for this car.
Old 6th May 2019, 20:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi guys,

I was looking at this thread and was worried about considering a SX4 as a used car option.

The car really feels like a test model from Maruti, with problems with sensors, suspension, steering.

Is it just for a few users, or is this a common SX4 trend.

Should I consider a 2011 October model?
I have a 2008 ZXi model with 86k on the odo. Been trouble free all along except for the sterring rack issue. The car was standing for last 1 year with battery drained out. Charged the battery, put the key, and vroom...it started like it just came out of the showroom. Simply love driving it again.
Old 21st June 2019, 12:15   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Our SX4 2009 with 59k kms on the odo recently developed a jerking issue at low RPMs. It so happened that mum used the car with a driver and filled up in a bunk near her workplace. Sometime later when I used it, it used to jerk when pulling off from second or third gear at <2000RPM. Since I got to know that my mum refuelled the car, I was biased to thinking that its a fuelling issue. I took it to my friends garage and got the fuel filter(which apparently was also dirty) and spark plugs changed. This didnt solve the issue. After this, I moved to thinking the ignition coil was weak and checked the coils myself. The coil resistance and connectors were all perfect within the range specified in the service manual. Even the HT cords were fine. After this I swapped the coils. Things were fine for a day or two, but later the problem reappeared and started to get worse. I could hear the engine missing a beat or two during these nasty jerks and realised one or more cylinders were not fiting. However, I was also worried that an injector was clogged and the engine was running lean.

The next step was to check the scan tool data to see if there is any indications(No error codes from beginning). The engine was missng a beat once a second or so during idle as well. I observed that whenever the ignition timing was advanced during load this would occur. Hence, one evidence towards an issue in the ignition system. The second indicator was the fuel trim. The long term fuel trim of the car was within range, and also at -5% which meant the car was running slightly leaner. If there was a non functioning injector, the O2 sensor would have reported that the engine was running lean and the ECU would have added fuel, which would have pushed up the trim value to a higher number in the positive range. So the indication of the fuel trim being in the negative meant that somewhere the engine was indicated to run slightly richer due to the fuel not burning properly.

Both these reasons pointed out to an issue with the ignition coils. I went to the MGP store in the neighborhood who had stock of the ignition coils as well as the HT wire. Purchased them and took it to the garage to get it replaced. When we opened the engine cover, there was a clicking sound coming. Turns out one of the coils were weak. I got both coils replaced along with the HT cable and the problem was solved with the car returning back to normal performance.

Total damage to pocket was 5.4k, with each ignition coil being 1850 odd(*2) and another 1350 for the HT wires and a tax component. Labour was free, so I didnt have to go to the ASC and let them meddle with various things and then charge me labour for everything.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 21:33   #83
BHPian

So I need help from the experts here.
Car in question is a my 2012 sx4 DDIS.
KM done 121200.
Mods done are a wolf remap at 88k kms, recently I got the map further tuned for low and mid range and also a reduction in smoke at higher rpm. Egr is software closed.

Few days back the car refused to start and after a long crank it started with unstable rpm and knocking. The cranking was more longer then usual. Prior to this due to some fuel strike I had to run the car to say about 7 litres in tank and then refuelled 40 lts with a bottle of amsoil injector clean and 75ml of amsoil cetane boost.
Once the car heats up to normal temperature it runs fine, no issues whatsoever.
MASS says all is good, point to note is fuel filter was last replaced 20k kms back.
My doubts and queries are as follows.
Is this a map issue? If it was wouldn't it be all throughout??
Is this a injector issue? Probably one bad injector which starts working when warm.
Fuel pump issue. MASS wants to probe here but I am reluctant.
I have already filled fresh fuel from another bunk recently around 10 litres.

Things I feel I can check,.
1) Check the return flow of injectors to determine injector blockage. If yes then is it OK to have them cleaned and calibrated? Most mechs I spoke to say not to touch them.
2) Replace fuel filter.

The knock is very similar to how we have in petrol cars when one sparkplug doesn't fire.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th October 2019, 21:50   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I need help from the experts here.
Car in question is a my 2012 sx4 DDIS.
KM done 121200.
It might just be the fuel filter. Since the EGR is deleted and you haven't faced any issues for the past few months with the map, it can't be an issue with the remap.

Do these in the following order:

- Check the return quantity on each injector. Quite easy to do at an FNG with an empty bottle and stop watch and the engine idling at cold temperature and then warm

- if the first test comes out fine, get the fuel filter changed. I sometimes think manufacturers just stretch it too much by not prescribing fuel filter changes every 15K km. Better to change it early than putting pressure on the fuel pump assembly and cause misfires

If none of this works, move on to the high pressure fuel pump, the fuel control valve and the primary fuel pump sitting in the fuel tank.

Last edited by ampere : 16th November 2019 at 16:09. Reason: trimmed quoted post
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 23:40   #85
BHPian

Surprisingly my 2009 model has never given any mechanical issues till date. It also depends on how you drive your car.
Old 28th October 2019, 06:33   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
It might just be the fuel filter. Since the EGR is deleted and you haven't faced any issues for the past few months with the map, it can't be an issue with the remap.
Will check the above. I too suspect the filter. If that doesn't solve then il have to check the fuel return quantity and take a call ahead.

Last edited by ampere : 16th November 2019 at 16:10. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 5th November 2019, 11:12   #87
BHPian

Let me update so that other fellow members can benefit.

I got the fuel filter replaced, it was about time and the fuel filter was totally black and seemed to have a lot of debris when squeezed. So we had that replaced, i also got the oil replaced and filled in fresh fuel.

Battery is 3 years old but turned out fine on being tested at exide. Haven't faced any issues since then touch wood.
I think 20k kms is way too long and have decided hence forth to replace at 15k kms.
Seems like poor fuel quality and subsequently the filter also reaching its EOL causing the issue.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 13:26   #88
BHPian

The boot lid of my uncle's 2007 SX4 keeps falling. I couldn't find (or understand) a mechanism (like the clip stoppers in esteem and baleno) employed to keep it in place when it is open. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 16th November 2019, 14:57   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Wow, this is good news, any particular year swift that we need to purchase or are they same for all years?
I have recently inquired and it costs a whopping 6500 plus labor, so i was thinking of going for talbros which is around 2100 odd rupees and the FNG mentioned that talbros is also a good part manufacturer. But if the swift lower arms can be fit then i would stick to MGP.

Also the rear wheel bearing can be replaced with s-cross wheel bearing and cost 4k odd compared to sx4 which is around 13k. I got this replaced with scross bearing and it works perfect.
I think there is a lot of part sharing with the s-cross.

Hi,

I am also checking other options due to MASS asking whopping 13k for imported SGP Rear wheel Hub. My SX4 is ABS version. Can you please elaborate whether you replaced in ABS model or not?

Should i tell MASS to replace my SX4's rear wheel hub with S-Cross one? Will it work well with ABS?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th November 2019, 20:17   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBrijesh View Post
Hi,

I am also checking other options due to MASS asking whopping 13k for imported SGP Rear wheel Hub. My SX4 is ABS version. Can you please elaborate whether you replaced in ABS model or not?

Should i tell MASS to replace my SX4's rear wheel hub with S-Cross one? Will it work well with ABS?

Thanks in advance.
Mine is a vdi so it's a non abs and I replaced it with a s cross abs hub and it's been working perfect for last many thousand kilometres.
In my opinion there is a lot of part sharing and hence you should consider looking at scross part.
I would compare both side by side and I think it should work perfectly fine in the sx4 ABS. As mentioned there is a huge cost difference and you should certainly take benefits of the same.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks