Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2006, 18:15   #61
BHPian

Yup, second that. The new brochure mentions the revised bhp & torque levels. I am not too sure you can sue MUL for the FE claims. They always carry a disclaimer "Under Standard Test Conditions". So no point on suing MUL on FE.

The ad looks as if it's taken by the dealers directly. We can definitely sue them.
Old 16th May 2006, 19:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
see the feature list, body coloured mirrors are not mentioned.

Are the 94 BHP ads released by MUL or by a dealer or consortium of dealers ?
...they had mentioned all the dealers in this ad.. so it should a MUL ad.
Old 16th May 2006, 20:33   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

How many of us actually believe that all manufacturers actually claim bang on figures for their cars be it maruti , hyundai , honda , ford etc etc .. Unless we have a dyno for ourselves its quite impossible to figure out the real facts ..

Also the new balenos are putting out 91 bhp but whats more important is whether all that power is going to the wheels .. The power at the crank on the BS II and the BS III's could be the same but whats more important is whether all the power is being put to the ground after the lossess .. So even if the BS III's are putting out lower figures , one we cant prove them unless we can dyno them and two they could be putting out the claimed figures say at the crank or maybe even at the wheels ...

Like psycho said , if we get down to actually dyno'ing the cars the stories with cars from most manufacturers will end up saying different things ..
Old 17th May 2006, 10:46   #64
BHPian

Maruti agents are visiting TeamBHP for sure

Guys,

Maruti agents are visiting TeamBHP for sure and they are acting quickly indeed, in today's ad in timesofindia bangalore, no 94 bhp....

guess what no 91 bhp also....they have simply not mentioned the power and mentioning things like 32 bit ECM? 9 inch booster brakes. Really funny i have never seen or specs like these in any brouchures or salemen.

Maruti agents,

instead of just making corrections like these, instead

+ Improve the "rear looks" of the baleno which we have been discussing.

+ Reduce spare prices which is ridiculously high

I m sure you guys know those threads don't you !!
Old 17th May 2006, 11:19   #65
BHPian

Maruti Agents

[quote=venkatrx]Guys,

Maruti agents are visiting TeamBHP for sure and they are acting quickly indeed, in today's ad in timesofindia bangalore, no 94 bhp....
QUOTE]
I saw that too, no BHP at all !!! :-)
Good they may have been watching this thread!!

Please ... reduce the prices of the spares!!!
Old 17th May 2006, 11:22   #66
BHPian

My car ...My car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Like psycho said , if we get down to actually dyno'ing the cars the stories with cars from most manufacturers will end up saying different things ..
If you want to dyno something please please take my car it's a BS-II!!
Old 17th May 2006, 12:03   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
+ Reduce spare prices which is ridiculously high
This is a strange statement, according to a recent autocar survey, baleno has one of the cheapest spares price in C segment.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, is that survey available online ? I also believe that MUL spares are among the cheapest in their respective segment. However, there is this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...iesta-nhc.html) which claims (on the basis of just 5 spares) that Baleno spares are the costliest. It would be good to know the truth. And also to know, how we can rate spares cost of cars ie. which spares are to be taken into consideration for the survey.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

SupremeBaleno, there was a discussion around Baleno spares in McLaren's thread as well. What he/V1p3r had found out that bumper, headlights, mirrors etc are SGP accessories which are quite expensive, while many engine parts are MGP, which are relatively cheap.

Last edited by RX135 : 17th May 2006 at 12:46.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

RX135, you are right. I read that thread too. But my doubt is, how is the comparison of spare prices done ? What all spares do these surveys take into consideration ? I mean, a car has hundreds of spares going into it. Which of these do we take and compare. It might not be feasible to compare all the parts as the list will be too long. Do these surveys take a bit of the cosmetic spares, a bit of the functional spares and so on. I have no idea. That's why I felt it would be nice to have a look at a professional survey done by an auto mag.
Old 17th May 2006, 14:46   #71
BHPian

Potential outcome of suing maruti for wrong ad.

Now we know that maruti was posting 94 bhp ads till last week, even though baleno became a 91 bhp couple of months back.

so when i bought a baleno 2 months back i was told that it is a 94 bhp car but only on this forum we figured out that its not.

so maruti sold me and lot of others a 91 bhp car instead of 94 bhp.

Now my question is what would be maruti's liability.

+ They cannot make our balenos to give out 94 bhp, because i am sure due to euro-3 compliance they added a few components which reduced the power (and may be FE also)

+ now its illegal to sell anything with 'false advertisement'. so i believe maruti will have to take back my baleno and return me my full money.

Guys, what do u think, should we just ask maruti to "return the original car cost and we return them the car" or should we seek some monetary compensation?
Old 17th May 2006, 14:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx

+ now its illegal to sell anything with 'false advertisement'. so i believe maruti will have to take back my baleno and return me my full money.
Soo go ahead and sue Maruti! Make them take back your car and take the total money back. All through this thread you have been saying the same thing about nailing Maruti for false adverts, Not once, not twice but over and over and over again. Please go and do the needful and we will all pray that you get the entire money back, and hope after you win the case that you get the entire on-road price of the Baleno in your hand coz if they depreciate anything then sadly we will have to bear aother thread regarding the same by none other than Venkatrx

Seriously go and do it. You can buy a better car for yourself and you won't have to bear up 8kmpl, expensive spare parts and what not soo please do it, GO Venkat GO! You can do it

Last edited by prince85 : 17th May 2006 at 15:02.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:00   #73
BHPian

1. they should issue a public apology in all leading newspapers in a size no less than their advertisements for 94 BHP claim.

2. give u an option to either pay u back in full (the OTR of ur car) or give u 4% cash back on the OTR of ur car (for the additional 3 BHP they claimed were in ur car).

3. pay all ur legal costs plus damages.

....ny other thing u can think of guys.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Soo go ahead and sue Maruti! Make them take back your car and take the total money back. All through this thread you have been saying the same thing about the BS!!! Baleno being 91bhp compared to the BS!! Baleno which is 94bhp. Not once, not twice but over and over and over again. Please go and do the needful and we will all pray that you get the entire money back, and hope after you win the case that you get the entire on-road price of the Baleno in your hand coz if they depreciate anything then sadly we will have to bear aother thread regarding the same by none other than Venkatrx
Maruti changed its ads of 94 bhp within a couple of days after the issue was raised here on Team-BHP(which they had not done for months before). And now prince you are talking as if 94 bhp and 91 bhp are one and the same i really wonder if you had bought a bs-III with the knowledge of it being 91 bhp, what would have been your reaction ??
Old 17th May 2006, 15:06   #75
BHPian

dont bother about ny1 and go ahead with this. if u wait or pass this, they will keep doin all these blunders.

we have 2 b responsible for all our acts. if we jump a redlight we pay a fine, it should b same with them.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks