Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 10:27   #31
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio S10 Restoration: Mechanical & paintwork done. Final assembly in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post

pending work:
1. front and rear brake upgrade to Adventure ones :
As a GTX owner I am eagerly waiting for the next set of pictures and updates on the work done.

I am really interested in the brakes upgrade to adventure ones which you will be doing. I am hoping to replicate the same on my GTX.

Hoping for lots of details and picture on the brake upgrade, if possible

Its enthusiasts like you who gives us hope and inspiration to retain this great machine.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 22:19   #32
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio S10 Restoration: Mechanical & paintwork done. Final assembly in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
As a GTX owner I am eagerly waiting for the next set of pictures and updates on the work done.

I am really interested in the brakes upgrade to adventure ones which you will be doing. I am hoping to replicate the same on my GTX.

Its enthusiasts like you who gives us hope and inspiration to retain this great machine.

Regards
Thank you Chandrda!

The brake upgrade is already complete. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures for this. All the parts from the Adventure are straight bolt-on bits. you don't need to modify/fabricate anything at all.

The callipers mount on the same mount as the stock ones. The rear drums also mount on the stock locations.

On my other Palio Stile 1.6 ownership thread, i know that SunnyBoi has posted some pictures of his S10 with the Adventure brakes mounted. Maybe that can help you.

Cheers!
Old 15th May 2014, 07:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Chandrda!

The brake upgrade is already complete. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures for this. All the parts from the Adventure are straight bolt-on bits. you don't need to modify/fabricate anything at all.

The callipers mount on the same mount as the stock ones. The rear drums also mount on the stock locations.

On my other Palio Stile 1.6 ownership thread, i know that SunnyBoi has posted some pictures of his S10 with the Adventure brakes mounted. Maybe that can help you.

Cheers!
Thanks Lucifer,

Will start procuring the parts immediately and will update

Regards
Old 15th May 2014, 08:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Chandrda!

Cheers!
How are they better than Palio brakes if they are straight fit ? Comparison pics would have been great, for our understanding.
Are they discs and calipers bigger in size ? Did you also make any upgrades on the brake booster to drive these brakes from adventure ?
Old 16th May 2014, 02:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
How are they better than Palio brakes if they are straight fit ? Comparison pics would have been great, for our understanding.
Are they discs and calipers bigger in size ? Did you also make any upgrades on the brake booster to drive these brakes from adventure ?
The stock front discs are 240mm and the Adventure ones are 257mm. Outside India, the 240mm brakes only came on the 1.2l Palios. All other engine options came with the 257mm brakes.

The rear brakes are also considerably larger. Don't have the exact specifications though. The reason they are bolt-ons is because the wheel PCD is identical.

The following post has a comparative photo:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3183742

Last edited by lucifer919 : 16th May 2014 at 02:51.
lucifer919 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 22:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Here is a guide for upgrading Palio brakes:

http://myfiatworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 10:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Here is a guide for upgrading Palio brakes:

http://myfiatworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033
Thanks @SunnyBoi, Excellent Thread

Will print and keep it as a reference.

I don't intend to Hijack the thread, but SunnyBoi where did you pick the parts in Bangalore/Mysore. I can only see Rotor Discs on 99rpm. It would be nice If I could pick it up personally with my Mechanic

Regards
Old 22nd May 2014, 08:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @SunnyBoi, Excellent Thread

Will print and keep it as a reference.

I don't intend to Hijack the thread, but SunnyBoi where did you pick the parts in Bangalore/Mysore. I can only see Rotor Discs on 99rpm. It would be nice If I could pick it up personally with my Mechanic

Regards
My mechanic sourced the parts for me and took ~2 months to collect all of it before proceeding with the swap. The mech mentioned someone from Delhi he knew supplied the parts and he wouldn't tell me who.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
My mechanic sourced the parts for me and took ~2 months to collect all of it before proceeding with the swap. The mech mentioned someone from Delhi he knew supplied the parts and he wouldn't tell me who.
Typical Mechanics, they always have a secret source which they wouldn't reveal or I will take our their business and become a mechanic myself

I will try to buy some at 99rpm and try for rest of them at Kava in Mumbai

Regards
Old 22nd May 2014, 17:41   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...The brake upgrade is already complete. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures for this. All the parts from the Adventure are straight bolt-on bits. you don't need to modify/fabricate anything at all...
How / Where did you manage to procure all the adventure brake parts? And how much did you end up spending?
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How / Where did you manage to procure all the adventure brake parts? And how much did you end up spending?
All parts were procured from Mumbai. Front brake callipers are used but everything else is new. Ravi got all the parts for me. for front and rear brakes, it cost about 20k.
lucifer919 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 14:56   #42
BHPian

Before Lucifer updates the next set of upgrades, would like to discuss another issue I am facing with my GTX

Last week made a quick trip to Madikeri - Virajpet - Bangalore, all night driving.

The headlights were awful and I could hardly see anything beyond 50-60 feet.

Both my headlights were replaced in 2011 and its non motorized version. So if I have passengers in the rear seats the lights are focusing on the aeroplanes and if only front passenger then its very low.

Tried to fix the focusing many times, but no luck.

Can I fix a motorized headlight from 2006-2007 model palio onto my 2003 GTX.

Regards
Old 1st June 2014, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Before Lucifer updates the next set of upgrades, would like to discuss another issue I am facing with my GTX

Last week made a quick trip to Madikeri - Virajpet - Bangalore, all night driving.

The headlights were awful and I could hardly see anything beyond 50-60 feet.

Both my headlights were replaced in 2011 and its non motorized version. So if I have passengers in the rear seats the lights are focusing on the aeroplanes and if only front passenger then its very low.

Tried to fix the focusing many times, but no luck.

Can I fix a motorized headlight from 2006-2007 model palio onto my 2003 GTX.

Regards
Fixing the motorised lights themselves is not an issue but the control for them wont be a part of the original wiring harness. Not to mention the control within the dashboard itself.

Replacing the wiring harness for this little control is not worth the effort IMHO.
Old 1st June 2014, 12:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if I have passengers in the rear seats the lights are focusing on the aeroplanes and if only front passenger then its very low.
There is a grey knob when you open the cover for the low beam cover, turn it when you have passengers onboard. It is the manual adjustment to compesate for rear passengers.
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Fixing the motorised lights themselves is not an issue but the control for them wont be a part of the original wiring harness. Not to mention the control within the dashboard itself.

Replacing the wiring harness for this little control is not worth the effort IMHO.
Ok, Will not go for it in that case.

Quote:
There is a grey knob when you open the cover for the low beam cover, turn it when you have passengers onboard. It is the manual adjustment to compesate for rear passengers.
This is not working out actually. There is two setting, but even this is not projecting the lights well

I think I will go for external lights like Hella or something. This way I don't have to modify anything and don't have to spend too much on OEM highlights

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks