Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 13:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Vid we have a Alto for past 7 years now (6.5 actually). We never had this problem. A.C. is always a breeze and one of the best thing in Alto. Though the AC load is way too much.

Though i still remember it was very hot at night and we were going out and we had somewhat same problem of jerking when we turned on the AC. But that solved when it got serviced.

Get it checked from Maruti guys or a good Mechanic. Also i never use clutch for breaking. Clutch is only for gear changing and that too i press half when i have to down shift..

And i don't think clutch has anything to do with that. Our Alto clutch has not been replaced till now. Almost clocked 1 lac and still going. And the build quality of Alto has really decreased. My uncle has 3 years Alto and its built quality is not upto mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nope it is clearly a problem with the car. My 6 year 800 AC model didn't have the problem.

My friend's alto doesnt have it. Why should the clutch plate of a car need replacement after 8K kms.

Service engineers say this will solve the jerking. but again after few hundres kms the problem resurfaces.

The car costs 3.5L of hard earned money. It is expected that the car should be trouble free.

How can a company sell a car with such a bad jerking problem.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:50   #32
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
How can a company sell a car with such a bad jerking problem.
It can and it is..... selling.

Its the same case with all my Maruti's at least, but the Alto Vxi, and the WagonR absorb the jerk well inside the engine bay (but if you are attentive enough, you can feel it)

The 800cc on the other hand transfers all to the body shell. I don't think this can be corrected. Also its a lot to do with the driving style, like I normally don't hit that rpm with ac, so I don't get the jerk.

The clutch judder is another thing altogether, I know it happens when the car gets hot, it happens in my Alto VXI... even after changing the clutch it came back after a while.... bad quality clutch used by Maruti?
Old 26th March 2007, 17:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

@vid: from what I have read of your posts & some other threads, it seems you might have got bad piece :| So all I can say is keep bugging teh biggers at MUL to get your problme solved :-)
Old 26th March 2007, 18:27   #34
elf
BANNED

Technocrat: vid got a bad piece, I got a bad piece, all the posters on this thread & the other got a bad piece?

This sounds almost as bad as Maruti Udyog writing off our problem dude.
Old 26th March 2007, 18:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nahi bhai, even My alto faces minor jerks like the rest of Alto peepul but its not as bad as Vid is expierincing, i.e. while I am experinceing jerks he mentions getting jolts which surely I dont get & non of the Altos that I have com across. Also we should be thankfull that atleast we got such a powerfull ac for this small car, & nota statemnt that this car cant spota powerfull ac as it will hamper its power

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th March 2007 at 18:35.
Old 26th March 2007, 18:46   #36
elf
BANNED

C'mon Techno. Every one of us here have paid good money for it. However little it may seem.

Just because it's only 3.5 lakhs doesn't mean that we should have defective vehicles. Maruti Udyog should have a recall if they have any decency, as enough people have already screamed & shouted about this particular problem - on this forum, at their dealers & at their regional offices. They're simply trying to fob off the damn issue.
Old 26th March 2007, 19:08   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Nahi bhai, even My alto faces minor jerks like the rest of Alto peepul but its not as bad as Vid is expierincing, i.e. while I am experinceing jerks he mentions getting jolts which surely I dont get & non of the Altos that I have com across. Also we should be thankfull that atleast we got such a powerfull ac for this small car, & nota statemnt that this car cant spota powerfull ac as it will hamper its power
yeah a proper jerk which is felt not only by the driver but by the passengers.

I've been bugging MUL and all service centres in bangy. But none of them know exactly what the problem is. they cant pin point it out. They are doing trial and error, clutch replacement, valve clearance, tappet adjustment, timing, sparks replaced. If i knew the problem I would be all over MUL to get it fixed. The service guys tell me there is no problem, but my regular MASS known to me admits its a problem but he can't figure it out either.

The car may have a powerful AC but however powerful the AC the car should not jerk, loss of power is acceptable not a jerking drive.

Besides I have another friends Alto which has no such problem. the power loss is there but no jerk what so ever.
Old 26th March 2007, 19:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well everyone pays money, for some 3.5 may not be a big amount but for some its a VERY BIG amount.

The last thing i can suggest is get it serviced once. As vid said his friend alto is has no such problem or jerks and no doubt MARUTI's fault.

Clutch getting changed @5K km is not a thing one expect from car manufacturer like maruti who are believed to provide low cost ownerships..

@elf "Alto aisa hi banta hai" = Should have slapped the guy and said "Thappad aise hi padta hai jab papu bolte hain"... That is one of the worst response i have ever heard.

@EVERYONE WHO ARE FACING these problems why not write to Maruti i don't think Maruit dealerships will be able to solve this problem. They are getting worse day by day.
Old 26th March 2007, 19:52   #39
Team-BHP Support

Abhibh the car has gone to a maruti service centre 6 times. Not one service centre but 3 of them.

I have already written to MUL. it is then that they agreed to change the clutch.

MUL have my case recorded. the service centres keep telling that they cant identify the problem. but they are not ready to acknowledge that to MUL. I am trying to do that. They say we will get it checked by the MUL local representative and he will report to MUL directly. Till now the local rep hasnt called or emailed me.
Old 27th March 2007, 16:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Yeah 3.5 L is not a small sum & who knows better than me as I know how much pains I had to go through to get my first car. But thats not the point here, the point is its still an entry level car which has an ac which can put to shame some bigger engine car's ac & for the sake of this excellant ac am willing to bear a few jerks here & there.

Anyways thats just my POV, I hope vid & others who are facing proble get it sorted out.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th March 2007 at 16:20.
Old 27th March 2007, 18:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

I have this slight jerk issue on my car too. Pain in the city traffic. Living with it now. I notice that this disappears when I drive on LPG. Has this got to do something with the fuel?
Old 27th March 2007, 19:08   #42
elf
BANNED

mail4ajo: Your car's just a few months old. With time, your problem shall exacerbate.
Old 27th March 2007, 19:10   #43
Team-BHP Support

Nope nothing do with the fuel. I've already tried out all the options.

It's either with the ECU software itself, I wont be surprised if it's a buggy software or some mechanical part which is messed up in altos.
Old 28th March 2007, 05:46   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Just get a Triphase...
What is Triphase ? Could you please elaborate ?
Old 28th March 2007, 10:30   #45
elf
BANNED

Jeez mithun. It's all over the forum. Run a search & you'll know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks