Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2006, 09:25   #16
BHPian

@ angelfire
Exactly what i meant in my last post... I certainly looks possible (at least to me, maybe coz i'm a novice).... Well since the day i heard about this i have started using my gearlock as well when i park in colony!!!

@ sandeep
That is a possibility, but even 30secs of loud unpleasant 'hooting' are enough to get someone's attention (I hope it happens!!!)
Old 25th August 2006, 09:56   #17
BHPian

Wel..if some one stil would want remote locking..then the other option would be using battery back up equipped security systems....
Old 25th August 2006, 10:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
@ sandeep
That is a possibility, but even 30secs of loud unpleasant 'hooting' are enough to get someone's attention (I hope it happens!!!)
I would agree, but the car washer boys anyway are a pain (bless them!) and half the time they do not bother to remote unlock before opening the door with the key. Or since they dunk the remote in the wet bucket, the owners give them the duplicate key and after he hears the hoot, remote unlocks from the flat (where possible). So invariably most hoots for 15-30s are ignored by the watchmen anyway.
Old 25th August 2006, 19:02   #19
BHPian

So i guess its only LUCK thats protecting our car!!!!
Old 25th August 2006, 22:53   #20
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Reverse hons are already banned by the Supreme Court .... so are shrill horns and musical ones and irony of life is even the government vehicles flout this ban....
Man.. somebody .. find me that court notice... I'll paste it with feviquick on every car which has reverse siren.

and about short circuiting... ... it might not be so easy... unless everything is controlled by the same fuse.... which is not the case....
So if .. the indicators fuse... the cabin light still lights up and.. the siren still sounds.. as its direct from the battery.
And there is no chance that the central locking main system and the indicators are on the same fuse.... so...
Old 26th August 2006, 20:35   #21
BHPian

Guess i can live peacefully now!!!
Old 27th August 2006, 04:50   #22
BANNED

Quote:
In fact instead of banning colas and edited movies, I wish they would ban reverse horns...
I don't think that the reverse horn (whether musical or not) is bad/useless since many times it's useful when you've parked your car in crowded places where people will never back-off when you reverse your car. And the music will make them atleast give a ear to know from where it is originating !!!

It's having the same use as fitting buzzers on 2-wheeler's indicators because at day-time the 2-wheeler's indicators are not visble, most of the times.
Old 27th August 2006, 10:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more tips, while we are on AutoCop configuration!

1. To increase the sensitivity of the touch sensor (1-5), open the hood, keep it open, open the driver door, keep it open, turn on ignition (not start the car), press the driver door's light switch 5 times (1/sec), the AutoCop goes into config mode by blinking hazard indicators. Once in configuration mode, press the left(L/U button) button on the remote 8 times - to get to the sensitivity configuration - confirmed by 8 blinks on the hazard lights, then adjust sensitivity by pressing right(Alarm button) button on remote once, upto 5 times, in increasing order of sensitivity. The setting is automatically stored.

2. If remote doesnt work and ignition cut off feature is ON. To reset the ignition cut off feature, open the door with the car key (alarm will go off), open the hood, keep it topen, open the driver door, keep it open, turn ignition ON-OFF thrice (once/sec), and the AutoCop resets the ignition cutoff..

Very easy, aint it ! This was demonstrated to me by the AutoCop engineer who came to my house to demo the 8000 series system I'd installed on my Swift. This new system was so complicated that the Car Shrignar, from where I had this fitted, couldnt explain it, and was very proactive in helping me get this tutorial directly from the AutoCop dude !
Old 27th August 2006, 11:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
press the driver door's light switch 5 times
didnt get this part - am I missing something?
Old 27th August 2006, 12:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

There is this unlocking with the help of mobile phones as well rite... Like in case u locked the car with the key inside, u can just call someone at home and they could put the key near the mobile and press the button, the soundwaves will pass thru the phone and to ur mobile which is near the car...

This is a stupid explanation, maybe someone could clearly explain
Old 28th August 2006, 10:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
I don't think that the reverse horn (whether musical or not) is bad/useless since many times it's useful when you've parked your car in crowded places where people will never back-off when you reverse your car. And the music will make them atleast give a ear to know from where it is originating !!!

It's having the same use as fitting buzzers on 2-wheeler's indicators because at day-time the 2-wheeler's indicators are not visble, most of the times.
You think any people move when you are moving forward and blowing your horn? The road belongs to the pedestrians, you know. Making more noise is not going to help one bit in the whole cacphony of crowded life. Just move slowly in reverse, most people realise and move. If at all, one more switch to activate must be given - bell push type - so that only when people are very obstinate you can activate it. This every time reverse gear is engaged and loud noise emanates is extremely obnoxious.

Two wheeler buzzer for the driver or other people? Analogy does not really apply.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 28th August 2006 at 10:40.
Old 28th August 2006, 21:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Some more tips, while we are on AutoCop configuration!

1. To increase the sensitivity of the touch sensor (1-5), open the hood, keep it open, open the driver door, keep it open, turn on ignition (not start the car), press the driver door's light switch 5 times (1/sec), the AutoCop goes into config mode by blinking hazard indicators. Once in configuration mode, press the left(L/U button) button on the remote 8 times - to get to the sensitivity configuration - confirmed by 8 blinks on the hazard lights, then adjust sensitivity by pressing right(Alarm button) button on remote once, upto 5 times, in increasing order of sensitivity. The setting is automatically stored.

2. If remote doesnt work and ignition cut off feature is ON. To reset the ignition cut off feature, open the door with the car key (alarm will go off), open the hood, keep it topen, open the driver door, keep it open, turn ignition ON-OFF thrice (once/sec), and the AutoCop resets the ignition cutoff..

Very easy, aint it ! This was demonstrated to me by the AutoCop engineer who came to my house to demo the 8000 series system I'd installed on my Swift. This new system was so complicated that the Car Shrignar, from where I had this fitted, couldnt explain it, and was very proactive in helping me get this tutorial directly from the AutoCop dude !

Nice Explanation!!
I knew about the 2nd point as some days back my remote stopped working and i had to call Autocop guy (He came within 4hrs!) to reconfigure it. He showed me how to reset it. But i am completely unaware of the first part. What do you mean by sensitivity? And how would i know what is the current sensitivity of my system?
2. I know there is some way of muting the sound while locking and unlocking (I dont want to disconnect hooter!).But i dont know how to do that. For single operation you could press'C' and imediately 'U', by doing this it doesnt sound while opening and reverse horn also get disabled.
Actually i searched on google for Autocop manual but couldnt find one.If you know some more feature about it kindly share with us.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th August 2006 at 22:05.
Old 28th August 2006, 22:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

abhijitvp,

If your Autocop has a touch sensor u can configure it like I've mentioned in my 1st point. Touch sensor makes ur car sensitive to objects touching the car. Every time an object touches the car, the Autocop system gives a warning alarm which is brief. The sensitivty level pertains to this feature where u can set how sensitive the touch sensor should be, from 1 - the lowest setting - which practically turns off the touch sensivity, to 5 -- the highest setting, where the setting is so sensitive that dog barks, raindrops , light tapping etc. emits triggers the warning alarm. If the warning alarm is triggered upto 5 times in 5 seconds, the main alarm goes off.

You cannot directly determine what setting ur sensor's sensitivity is unless u physically tal ur car till the alarm goes off and u get a ballpark estimate. Better to set it once again so u know.

Autocop 8000 series and above come with touch sensors. I find it useful to protect my expensive alloys, tyres and speakers.
Old 29th August 2006, 00:13   #29
BHPian

Hi. I hope someone can help me out with this problem.

In my M800, the indicators have stopped functioning along with the autocop system. Otherwise they work fine.
Also, after I unlock the doors with the remote, exactly after 5 secs its locks itself automatically. Then again, I have to unlock the doors for other passengers (wid the drivers side lock button if im in the car). I am worried if sometime, the key is left inside, then there wud be a problem.
I disconnected the main connecting clip & plugged it back, but no luck. Any solution to this ????
Old 29th August 2006, 01:33   #30
SLK
Senior - BHPian

@autozealot:-
This is a strange behaviour by the system. I'd suggest you get it check by calling up the autocop service. If your system is out of warrant then they charge 100 buks.... but their service is quite decent .. at least in Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks