Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 13:20   #46
BHPian

I was charged 700 bucks for a duplicate remote from Autocop. That was 8 months back. And yea, it was home delivery!
Old 16th September 2009, 20:55   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Hi guys,

I have an autocop cobra from hyundai (HRE 1170) installed on my santro, The wiring diagram in the manual says connect the ultrasonic sensors to so and so, The alarm has never went off due to vibrations or jerks, I was wondering if there are any ultrasonic sensors at all, How do i activate/test them?
If you mean the vibration / impact / touch sensors, you can adjust their sensitivity. Too high sensitivity means the alarm will go off even if somebody leans on the car (like when parked on the road).

The method ought to be in your manual, but has been explained somewhere here.
Old 16th September 2009, 23:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If you mean the vibration / impact / touch sensors, you can adjust their sensitivity. Too high sensitivity means the alarm will go off even if somebody leans on the car (like when parked on the road).

The method ought to be in your manual, but has been explained somewhere here.
I called up the autocop customer care to ask if my autocop has ultrasonic sensors, and it doesn't!

Is there anyway that i can sell my security system and buy a new one? Does any company offer buy back facility?
Old 17th September 2009, 12:14   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Is there anyway that i can sell my security system and buy a new one? Does any company offer buy back facility?

There is some website called Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home which has a classifieds section!
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 14:29   #50
BHPian

I have a strange problem. The remote stops working every 15-20 days. In the past 6 months, they have changed the system thrice, but still I have the same problem. And I cannot lock the car if it is not working.

Let me know guys if you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:06   #51

have the same prob with my santro in cal. no solution - guess you'll have to get used to it
Old 6th December 2009, 08:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apalbag View Post
have the same prob with my santro in cal. no solution - guess you'll have to get used to it
Thanks for the sharing. I think it may be something to do with the Autocop service center in cal.

Every time they just change the machine with an old repaired unit I guess, so it develops a problem sooner or later.

Latest update on Autocop: whenever I press the remote, it blinks twice but no locking/unlocking. I tried to reset the unit but it did not work either.

I have asked for their service, but I think even if they replace the unit, it will soon develop the same problem. With my upcoming Bangalore trip next week, I cannot afford to get locked out of my car in highway.

So I will uninstall Autocop and install a Xenos or some other brand instead.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:56   #53

heyy, Does any one know where to look for different autocop security systems, its specifications and difference in features? I think autocop doesn't have any website! did any one compared them in team-bhp?
vishnuo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:29   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuo View Post
heyy, Does any one know where to look for different autocop security systems, its specifications and difference in features? I think autocop doesn't have any website! did any one compared them in team-bhp?
Go to the Autocop dealer/service centre at your place & ask for the brochure.
Old 31st January 2010, 23:33   #55
BHPian

I use the Autocop XP for my Zen. Initially I had issues with the sensitivity of impact sensor. It used to beep when some heavy vehicles pass by. I got it corrected by the autocop service person. Once I replaced the remote as well from them, they charged my 400 for replacement (few months back).
Old 27th April 2010, 21:19   #56
nag

Autocop in Silent Mode

Dear All:

I'm sure we all have one or the other kind of security gadget fitted to our vehicles...

One of the important thing is that at some point of time we might have come across situations where we wanted the *Autocop* (the siren system) to operate in "Silent Mode"... Say, when we take a vacation OR during Diwali times...

It's really frustrating that inspite of all our knowledge sometimes we fail to understand the simplest of the things and bang our head against the wall ...

Here's is a simple lesson for Geeks like me who know to drive but hardly know how it runs...

I own a Maruti Swift... which is fitted with Autocop...
When you want this to operate in silent mode...
All you need to do is this...

1. Turn the engine ON
2. Turn it OFF... (Let the key be as it is)... Key in Ignition ON position...
3. Now, press and HOLD the ALARM Button (located near below the adjustment knob of Right-side Rear-view mirror) for 5 seconds...
4. Voila! The security system now operates in silent mode!!

Repeat the above same to put it back to NORMAL Mode...

This can be a starter of series...
I'm sure you can all contribute on other vehicles and models of security systems...

Hope this helps someone someday...
Thanks...
Old 28th April 2010, 10:04   #57
BHPian

a thread already exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cop-users.html

mods can you merge these two
Old 28th April 2010, 11:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuo View Post
replying late but dunno why autocop doesn't show cases their products on web.
they do have a website but for company dealers only
Autocop India Pvt. Ltd.
and
Autocop India Pvt. Ltd.

Edit: And found another http://www.autocopsecuritysolutions....icalspread.htm

Last edited by ghpk : 28th April 2010 at 11:25.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhananjay View Post
is any one aware of the fact that if you press your autocop remote key for more than 300 time when you are away from your car and you are out of frequency then the remote will not work on your autocop.
Solution :-
switch on and off your ignition key for 8 time in 10 seconds and the autocop system reprograms it self and your remote will start working
300 presses when the remote is far away from the car - The autocop system in car doesn't even know about it. So assuming that some logic in the remote itself prevents itself from sending signals afterwards.

Toggle ignition key in car 8 times in 10 seconds - it may reprogram/reset itself, but how does the remote know? The systems in the car won't even communicate with the remote right? This sounds strange.

Has someone really tried this out?
Old 30th April 2010, 07:24   #60
nag

oops! sorry about this...
mods, merging will be ideal...
thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks