Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 12:49   #31
BHPian

Yes SLK, you are right, will have to call the auto-cop person & ask him to have a look.
Cheers!
Old 30th August 2006, 14:54   #32
BHPian

autozealot,... there are systems that have a active lock and passive lock feature. the behaviour you mentioned is akin to the system working on active lock mode.

but this option has to be set interactively with a few handset and unit button options.

but what surprises me is the timing,...5 seconds is too small. the minimum for an active lock to trigger after the last door is closed is 30 secs.

this is a risk as you say indeed. i have mine deactivated,... but i use Xenos. I have come across this feature in a variant of Autocop too.

good to get this checked immediately and more so if you have a kid.
Old 30th August 2006, 21:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Hi. I hope someone can help me out with this problem.

In my M800, the indicators have stopped functioning along with the autocop system. Otherwise they work fine.
Also, after I unlock the doors with the remote, exactly after 5 secs its locks itself automatically. Then again, I have to unlock the doors for other passengers (wid the drivers side lock button if im in the car). I am worried if sometime, the key is left inside, then there wud be a problem.
I disconnected the main connecting clip & plugged it back, but no luck. Any solution to this ????
It is better to call Autocop Service..(Helpline-022-28209529). They are pretty quick in attending the calls and if ur system is within the warrenty period they do not charge u at all.
Old 31st August 2006, 11:39   #34
DRC
BHPian

On that indicator lamp part... Well I understood that it is possible ot break in with that trick. I decided not to talk about it as it may give clues to unscrupulous people.

If you read the wiring diagram provided on the Autocop manual, you may get some clues.
Old 5th September 2006, 23:29   #35
BHPian

Thanx abhijitvp.

Hi everyone. My friend wants to get a car security system for his esteem, but with glass sensors (all). Should he go in for the Pirahna (Autocop) or Xenos? Both are similarly priced at about 5k.

Suggestions please !!!

az

Last edited by autozealot : 5th September 2006 at 23:30.
Old 10th March 2008, 13:40   #36
Team-BHP Support

Autocop query

My car is fitted with an Autocop Cobra (basic version). I was told by the service center guys that i would need to use both the remotes provided regularly to keep them in working condition, which i have religiously followed.

On saturday evening, i parked my car and locked it using Remote1. On sunday, i tried to unlock the car using the same Remote1, but there was no response. I tried the same from near the car as well, but nothing at all. In between, the locking sound/beep was heard, but even that was not consistent, and would work on-n-off. Since i was in a hurry didnt really have any time for any R&D, and so got the other Remote from home, unlocked the car, and carried off.

I was wondering what the issue could be. I didnt get to recheck with Remote1, so cant say if it was a one-time occurrence.

Any ideas, guys?
Old 10th March 2008, 14:07   #37
BHPian

ok when we are at it...here's my problem.

My autocop central locking system unlocks the doors whenever I switch off my car(mostly at traffic signals). This is a big risk for me as I always keep my laptop and other stuffs in the back seat. I have heard that there are some systems that unlock the doors only when keys are taken off.
Can this be configured in autocop also....I asked Suraksha ppl do it in my previous service and they said that this feature is not there for Autocop systems.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
My house is near a temple where people continue to visit till late night atleast twice a month. Sounds of all the reversing that happens close to my house drives me mad. Especially 'swami jai jagadish hare' at 11 in the night when I have to be up by 5.30 in the morning and start to work.

My friend wakes up to one such Alto at 5.30 in the morning , undesirably though. I pity him....

It is in my opinion as well that they should ban all reversing sounds.

regards
Bullfrog
I am disturbed by one such Zen Estilo in my building. The guy has Himesh Reshmaiya's (supposed) hit song Aap Ki Kashish as his reverse tune
Old 22nd March 2008, 22:50   #39
BANNED

Bump. Metooo looking for an answer to this. I have an autocop 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I have heard that there are some systems that unlock the doors only when keys are taken off.
Can this be configured in autocop also....I asked Suraksha ppl do it in my previous service and they said that this feature is not there for Autocop systems.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot View Post
Thanx abhijitvp.

Hi everyone. My friend wants to get a car security system for his esteem, but with glass sensors (all). Should he go in for the Pirahna (Autocop) or Xenos? Both are similarly priced at about 5k.

Suggestions please !!!

az
Why dont you try the MGA central locking to be on a safe side.The wiring kit for MGA CL would be made for specific models.You get auto cop in MGA so that you get all the advatages of the MGA as well as auto cop.

ram
Old 24th June 2009, 17:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
It is better to call Autocop Service..(Helpline-022-28209529). They are pretty quick in attending the calls and if ur system is within the warrenty period they do not charge u at all.
Hey thanks for the number (it still works after 3 years!). I was just now having some problems with my autocop and called them on this and got it sorted out(hopefully).
Old 25th June 2009, 06:13   #42
BHPian

Does anyone know the Auto-cop which comes with Santro, Can it be used to Controlled the Dome Light.
I see some cars have this feature where inside dome lights glows up and fades whenever the car is unlocked using the remote.
Old 16th September 2009, 01:28   #43
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have an autocop cobra from hyundai (HRE 1170) installed on my santro, The wiring diagram in the manual says connect the ultrasonic sensors to so and so, The alarm has never went off due to vibrations or jerks, I was wondering if there are any ultrasonic sensors at all, How do i activate/test them?
Old 16th September 2009, 09:04   #44
Team-BHP Support

Please provide autocop contact details for Hyderabad?

One of my key units is busted and needs to be replaced.
Any idea, how much it costs?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:59   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
One of my key units is busted and needs to be replaced.
I'd gotten a duplicate remote from Auto Cop for 400 bucks. That was about 3 years back, so factor inflation into new prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks