Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 01:35   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Some more tips, while we are on AutoCop configuration!

1. To increase the sensitivity of the touch sensor (1-5), open the hood, keep it open, open the driver door, keep it open, turn on ignition (not start the car), press the driver door's light switch 5 times (1/sec), the AutoCop goes into config mode by blinking hazard indicators. Once in configuration mode, press the left(L/U button) button on the remote 8 times - to get to the sensitivity configuration - confirmed by 8 blinks on the hazard lights, then adjust sensitivity by pressing right(Alarm button) button on remote once, upto 5 times, in increasing order of sensitivity. The setting is automatically stored.

2. If remote doesnt work and ignition cut off feature is ON. To reset the ignition cut off feature, open the door with the car key (alarm will go off), open the hood, keep it topen, open the driver door, keep it open, turn ignition ON-OFF thrice (once/sec), and the AutoCop resets the ignition cutoff..

Very easy, aint it ! This was demonstrated to me by the AutoCop engineer who came to my house to demo the 8000 series system I'd installed on my Swift. This new system was so complicated that the Car Shrignar, from where I had this fitted, couldnt explain it, and was very proactive in helping me get this tutorial directly from the AutoCop dude !
@MAG I have Autocop XS on my M800 (still under warranty), Problem is the sensors, I silent lock every night and use the # button (4 botton remote) to disarm sensors and there is a huge confirmation noise Tia Tia. My Apartment neighbors are frustrated by this, it all started like these.... one day i had gone out forgetting to disable sensors and my apartment is close to main road and on every vehicle passed, the sensors kept on buzzing irritating everyone in the apartment (specially ground floor people).

So, I have finally decided to decrease the sensitivity to the least by myself, however i could not understand the instructions you gave me, can you explain me further in detail, b/w i have autoxop XS 8500/8550

Thanks in advance
Old 25th August 2015, 23:17   #62
BHPian

Re: Some tips for autocop users

I have Autocop XS 5500 installed in my Indica. (I know it is an old model - I got it installed 9 years ago!).

Sequence of events:
A week ago I gave the key to the guy for cleaning the car mats, and he opened the door manually. Of course the alarm sounded. He panicked and pressed some buttons on the remote (with the key in ignition? I don't know). Finally I walked down and stopped the alarm.

Problem statement:
From this point onwards, the system is operating in 'mute' mode. No audio feedback for locking/unlocking, no alarm if I open the door using the key. Only indicators flash.

I am assuming that a sequence of keys on the remote should fix the problem, but I don't know this sequence, and I could not find it in the user manual either. Can someone help??
Old 26th August 2015, 08:56   #63
BHPian

[quote=sschivate;3787170]I have Autocop XS 5500 installed in my Indica. (I know it is an old model - I got it installed 9 years ago!).
/quote]

You need to press two buttons together on the remote to enable back the hooter. This is a feature where you can disable the hooter specially when you are taking reverse of car and do not want to create hooter noise.
Old 26th August 2015, 10:30   #64
BHPian

[quote=sanjeevgpc;3787302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
I have Autocop XS 5500 installed in my Indica. (I know it is an old model - I got it installed 9 years ago!).
/quote]

You need to press two buttons together on the remote to enable back the hooter. This is a feature where you can disable the hooter specially when you are taking reverse of car and do not want to create hooter noise.
@Sanjeev, thanks, but that is one-time disablement of the audible feedback. Here the system is completely muted...

in any case, I had specifically asked the accessories guy not to connect the wires for the reverse horn, so my car does not beep while reversing!
Old 26th August 2015, 11:40   #65
BHPian

This is how it works:
1. By default all hooters are enabled.
2. To mute hooter, press lock and unlock buttons together together. The hooters will remain muted until the buttons are pressed together again.

I guess, you just accidentally pressed the buttons and make the hooter silent. Give this process a try and hope it will be corrected.

[quote=sschivate;3787372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevgpc View Post
@Sanjeev, thanks, but that is one-time disablement of the audible feedback. Here the system is completely muted...

in any case, I had specifically asked the accessories guy not to connect the wires for the reverse horn, so my car does not beep while reversing!
Old 15th September 2015, 19:13   #66
BHPian

Okay, so here is the update. It was simple, really!

I managed to visit my accessories shop last Sunday, and after some testing, the guy proved it to me that the siren had gone bad... he replaced the siren, and everything was back to normal. Damage was INR 950, but since it was a security-related expense, I parted with the money.

Thanks all for your suggestions!
Old 20th February 2016, 21:16   #67
BHPian

Re: Autocop Malfunction

The autocop system on my Grand i10 is behaving weird from 2 days. The car came equipped with central locking and i have installed the autocop just for the anti theft alarm. The OEM remote is used for locking/unlocking.

This started happening after an autocop guy came to disable the reverse gear siren.

The problem is, the alarm goes off even when the engine is on and any of the doors is unlocked and opened from inside.

Also, the lock/unlock chime is heard when locking/unlocking the car from inside using the central locking system.
The whole phenomenon is random and does not happen every time.

What could be possibly wrong?

Last edited by sidzz : 20th February 2016 at 21:29.
Old 29th April 2016, 14:09   #68
OSH
BHPian

My car is fitted with '07 Autocop Cobra 3198.
There were 2 remotes provided,which over the years have both got damaged.The inner circuit is fine but the outer case needs replacement as there is no way i can attach it in my key-fob(there was this rubber thingy attached to the base which would attach to the key-fob).

Some tips for autocop users-20160429_4.jpg

I called up the authorised dealer and various other shops but nobody has got the remotes as spare.I am currently using my key to lock/unlock as carrying the remote seperately everywhere was a big pain.
Any idea where i can source these remotes from ?

Most Viewed