Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2006, 15:30   #16
BHPian

Just noticed today that the sound is very noticeably lower when the car is cool... for about 20-25 minutes this morning there was almost no noise, but after that it became very loud...

please... any help?
Old 28th October 2006, 19:01   #17
BHPian

Could it be that the self-adjustment mechanism of the disc brakes is shot?
Old 29th October 2006, 14:04   #18
BHPian

what does that mean?
Old 4th November 2006, 02:08   #19

I'd recommend you stick with OEM brake pads. Most modern day brake pads come with a Hardware Kit (Anti Rattle/ Squeal pin/kit) that are built to specs with the Disc rotors. The "cheen-cheen" in tech speak is referred to as "Brake squeal" due to the pads being "glazed". You have not mentioned the miles/Kms on your odometer. Depending upon the condition of your Brake Pads they would need to be " Resurfaced" and the rotors would need to be "machined" on an "On Car or Off Car Brake lathe".
Old 4th November 2006, 21:45   #20
BHPian

No question of glazing ..! All pads OEM or Aftermarket are roughend with Sandpaper before being installed..! + Even if they are not a few spins will rough them
Old 25th July 2007, 18:20   #21

Screeching sound while braking

Note from mod - Threads merged.

I'm newbie here and am facing a problem with my Indica DLX (2004) model. Around 6 months back, I started to get a strange screeching sound (as that of metal rubbing against metal) whenever I braked so I immediately took it to Concorde motors (Dairy circle) where I was informed that the brake pads are worn out and need replacement.

I got the brake pads replaced but 1month back the sound reappeared and as the car was due for a service so I sent it Concorde motors (JP Nagar). However, I was informed that due to faulty alignment of brake discs, the disc has worn out slightly and though the damage is not serious but we recommend gettting the brake pads and discs changed.

I got the discs replaced and when I got the car back, the strange screeching sound while braking (as metal rubbing with metal) had altogether dissappeared and I was one happy guy.

However, the same noise reappeared last week and after rains. I'm thouroughly confused as to what exactly could be the problem. It would be great if the experienced and expert bhpians could help me out

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2007 at 08:32. Reason: Threads merged
Old 25th July 2007, 21:20   #22
Team-BHP Support

Try a reliable workshop (not dealer) and clean the caliper assembly and see if the sound goes off, it might be just some dirt in the assembly especially with rains and all. If the brake pads are worn out again, then there seems to be a alignment issue with the disc fitting.

How many kms have you driven after the pad replacement?
Old 25th July 2007, 21:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

noise also appears if there is no insulation (grease/padding) between the calipers and the pad. even is the pads are new. this has to be taken care of while installing the pads.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:17   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How many kms have you driven after the pad replacement?
As the Brake pads were also cahnged along with the Disc (last month) and I have driven only 500km since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This has already been discussed before.
The earlier thread primarily focuses on what after market brake pads were used and its ill effects which definitely is not the case here which made me dig deep in to what other reasons could be there for such a noise and thus the new thread.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:39   #25
BANNED

While I do not think this is a case of bad service (because things are all right as soon as you get the vehicle back), there is likely to be a chance that something else has not been taken into consideration while fixing the problems.
It is likely that dust / something else has got into the pads during the monsoons.
Since several people are complaining about service at Concorde, you should try a different TASC.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Check if your front wheels are free, there will be minor resistance but when you turn the wheel by hand and leave it (force is required) it should rotate atleast one or two times. If its too tight then you have a stuck caliper and it needs attention. Usually a good overhaul will set things right.

500 km is way too short for wear to happen, so first determine if its worn out. You can inspect the pad yourself at workshop, once you remove it from calliper. A good pad will have even wear (flat) and will have atleast 5 mm of pad on top of the metal.

Suggest you stay with the car and see whats happening, will be a good learning also.
Old 31st July 2007, 22:56   #27
BHPian

OT:

Hi all,
Where can I get OE Brake discs, pads, shoes for my Qualis in Mumbai. Are these available over the counter at Shinrai? If not, where can I buy it from?

Help out.........

Thanks
az

Last edited by autozealot : 31st July 2007 at 22:59.
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:41   #28
BHPian

Anyone ???
Old 4th August 2007, 11:46   #29
BHPian

Don't know about OEM, but you can get good aftermarket from anygood spare shop, Check RANE, I found them pretty good.
Old 5th August 2007, 17:55   #30

Noise from brakes of 2006 baleno

Guys i recently noticed a very strong noise(like the one u get....wen u try to pull the table or a chair)from my baleno.This problem usually occurs when u apply sudden brakes while parking the car....or once u pull the handbrake before the car is full stationery.So i went allianz automobiles in south delhi.First the service advisor told me its normal and is due to water....(coz of rainy season..but since i pursued him ....he got it checked in front of me...the mechanic replied...that the BRAKE CYLINDER of Right Hand Side tyre is worn out...so i asked him to replace it coz the car is still under warranty.....at first he replied that the part is out of stock...n then said...it would be available ina couple of dayz.....n wud cost 2200 bucks....
i got a shock since he told that Brake Cyliender does not come under warranty.....
is it so......n what r reasons for the problem that occured......coz i drive the car extremely carefully....n have jus covered around 14000 kms....

do u think writing to maruti wud solve the problem......i also have a doubt that is it really the problem of wheel cyliender or something else...help me folks....i need ur help...

Most Viewed