Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 11:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishjhamb View Post
Guys i recently noticed a very strong noise(like the one u get....wen u try to pull the table or a chair)from my baleno.This problem usually occurs when u apply sudden brakes while parking the car....or once u pull the handbrake before the car is full stationery.So i went allianz automobiles in south delhi.First the service advisor told me its normal and is due to water....(coz of rainy season..but since i pursued him ....he got it checked in front of me...the mechanic replied...that the BRAKE CYLINDER of Right Hand Side tyre is worn out...so i asked him to replace it coz the car is still under warranty.....at first he replied that the part is out of stock...n then said...it would be available ina couple of dayz.....n wud cost 2200 bucks....
i got a shock since he told that Brake Cyliender does not come under warranty.....
is it so......n what r reasons for the problem that occured......coz i drive the car extremely carefully....n have jus covered around 14000 kms....

do u think writing to maruti wud solve the problem......i also have a doubt that is it really the problem of wheel cyliender or something else...help me folks....i need ur help...

Hi i think u should write to maruti , as these dealers make excuses , find out from maruti about the warranty
Old 6th August 2007, 13:03   #32
BHPian

You should speak to a senior official at Allianz, the service engineer is generally not of much help. If things don't work out after this you can write to Maruti. This is my personal experience.

Hellcat.
Old 7th August 2007, 10:48   #33

thanx....have mailed the matter to Jagdish Khattar, and some other officilas of the company.Just got a response of quick resolution from maruti.No call from the dealer....Letz see.....what happens
Old 31st March 2008, 02:42   #34

snag on wheels and brakes

I am using a nissan pathfinder 2000 model SUV. I recently modified my alloys and tyres. I gave a 275/70R16 with a slightly projected alloy. I am suppose to adjust the height of my suspension but it's okay since he has enough room in his wheel well. The problem is that he is giving me a whistling sound from the rear wheels when I apply the brake. I discuss with my mech and we inspect the brake disc. We did some trimming on the disc as it is little uneven and changed both brake pads on the rear. after a couple of weeks, this sound is back again. I strongly belief that it has nothing to do with the wheel profile and new alloy.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st April 2008 at 02:47. Reason: Threads merged. Please read through the full thread now.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Your brake pads in the rear are giving a problem, although you said you changed them, did you replace it with genuine spare.

Light rubbing with emery paper will solve the problem but if it comes back again, need to replace it with genuine spare.
Old 31st March 2008, 10:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Check & clean the brake caliper pistons.

The piston is not retracting back enough.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:40   #37

Hi

Infact it could have been the problem. but I replaced with nissan genuine one only. I never comprimise on the spares specially on these kind of stuffs. I shall try on this piston now.
thanks, cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Your brake pads in the rear are giving a problem, although you said you changed them, did you replace it with genuine spare.

Light rubbing with emery paper will solve the problem but if it comes back again, need to replace it with genuine spare.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:08   #38
BHPian

I am looking for quality brake pads for skoda octavia. I have installed a new set of brake pads ( SS ) recently and it is making lot of noise. Which is the best one for Skoda octavia? Please recommend
Old 16th May 2008, 14:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishjhamb View Post
thanx....have mailed the matter to Jagdish Khattar, and some other officilas of the company.Just got a response of quick resolution from maruti.No call from the dealer....Letz see.....what happens
It is a bit disturbing to note that people do not keep the forum posted once their problems are solved.
Old 19th May 2008, 10:48   #40
BHPian

I have fitted Pagid brake pads and it is quite now.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Just confirmed it right now - there is a "cheen-cheen-cheen-cheen" noise that is coming from the general area of the front tyre(s) while driving even when not applying the brakes AND the brake pads are not worn out. This noise does not come all the time, and is more pronounced at lower speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
wolfinstein, the pads are actually kind of old at this point... at the very least I am sure they have done 1000km - most probably 2 or 3 times that figure! But they are not worn out at all in the sense that would require replacement.
Ditto my Problem....this is happening with Esteem, my pads have done more than 8K, and the problem has started to come a week or so back...maybe due to rains..

Last edited by Shashank.A : 21st May 2008 at 12:57.
Old 21st May 2008, 15:23   #42
BHPian

Hi,
I had few discs noise problems in my previous cars, I always solved grinding a couple of mm. of the pads at theyrs edges towards the external discs rotors. The noise, either braking or not, was due to the normal wearing of the discs, creating a notch of a 1-2 mm at the external edge. With new pads, this notch, despite the fact that did not affect the braking efficiency, was touching the pads and making squizing noise. A liitle grinding to the pads, making their edge angle no more 90° , solve the problem because the little notch was not touching anything anymore, no matter if the pads were original spares or not.
This may help...

Ciao

Ignazio
Old 9th August 2009, 21:43   #43
BANNED

This brake pad screeching is in my lancer too. I just changed the OE sumitomo pads which were worn out, to an TNG brand replacement pads, but its a big mistake, i should have gone for sumitomo for Rs.1800 .

the TNG pads give noise within 300 kms of its fitment . Please dont buy cheap taiwanese or South East asian contry products, atleast in critical spares.

I dont know what to do ?
Old 9th August 2009, 21:52   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Please dont buy cheap taiwanese or South East asian contry products, atleast in critical spares.

I dont know what to do ?
Glad you learnt this the easy way.

Please go to your dealer and buy a set of OEM brake pads/shoes. Dont compromise on safety please. Lives depend on it.

Rgds,
Old 9th August 2009, 22:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
the TNG pads give noise within 300 kms of its fitment . Please dont buy cheap taiwanese.....
How much did the TNG pads cost? And thanks for posting your experience with cheaper pads. I suggest you replace with OEM pads asap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks