Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 18:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
.... detect it as a 6V battery and will cut off charging as soon as the battery voltage is around 6 volts... I had to use an old battery charger to at least pump some charge in the super low batteries till 8V so that the C3 could identify it as a 12V battery...
Here is trick- get another 12v battery (size doesn't matter), or 12v LED driver and put it parallel to the weak battery terminals while connecting the Bosch charger. Latter will "sense" the 12v across terminals and start charging pronto. At this point disconnect the extra aid, Bosch will continue charging. I've fooled the Bosch several times like this :-)

Cheers,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 09:20   #212
BHPian

I have been planning to get the Bosch C7 charger since a long time, but always questioned myself if spending around ₹6000/- was really worth it. Due to some personal reasons my driving has reduced in recent months, and my car remains stationary for upto two weeks sometimes. So I had kept it in my amazon cart. Today just took a look at the price, and I couldn’t believe, it was, rather it is just ₹2742/- for the C7, so for those who were sitting on the fence, now it is the time to get it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-img_1185.jpeg  

gsratta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 21:12   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
so for those who were sitting on the fence, now it is the time to get it.
So my AGM battery is about 8 yrs old. Original Varta, mercedes branded. Of late the auto stop start is not working and I have been on the fence regarding new battery vs this charger. The resting voltage is 12.8 and dips to 10.9 on cold start. Had reached out to Swastikfabs but they are unable to figure out which battery is installed base on the pics.

Took the plunge yesterday the charger arrived today. It is 2020 packed, but otherwise seemed fine. Disconnected the battery and charged for 4 hrs on regen mode. Auto start stop had started working again but stopped after 3 kms of driving. Guess I will have to buy a new battery.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 17:23   #214
BHPian

The Bosch C7, one of the best car tools has been stolen. It seems that it was taken away by the Dash Cam installation person. I have used it to charge the battery of Ertiga, Interceptor, and Activa. It is a perfect device for any emergency usage.

Do I need to buy the same or can get a local charger (well built and good configuration)?
Please advise if anyone is using a locally assembled car charger.
Old 6th April 2024, 14:59   #215
BHPian

DIY Quick Connector for Bosch C7 (and C3) Car Battery Charger

I needed an extra quick connector to charge my TVS Wego, which has limited use for local errands and would often get discharged by sitting idle. The battery is difficult to reach compared to a car. You need to unscrew 4 bolts to remove a panel and then pull out the battery to access the terminals to clamp. The quick connect harness for Bosch C7 would take care in avoiding this easily.

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133820.jpg

Although searching with the part did result in Amazon listing but was never available Bosch C75AC0 Quick Connect Cable Harness for C7 Battery Charger with Built-in Cable Fuse. I shot an email to Bosch customer service which was of no help. They redirected to check with local Bosch Car service center who never had this product. So eventually decided to go the DIY way as earlier suggested in the thread.

Items needed:
  • XT60 connector pair - 1
    Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-51bkm3f20l._sl1000_.jpg
  • Electrical Wire Crimp Terminals Connectors 4-6 sqmm (this is same size as in the C7 charger) - 4
    Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-51uf9q8auel._sl1500_.jpg
  • 1.5 sqmm wires - needed length in pair
  • Shrink Wrap
  • Soldering Kit

I had all items available at home except the connectors. XT60 was ordered on amazon while the battery terminal was sourced from local electrical shop.

Task is simple, make two sets of the XT60 -to- Battery Terminal Connector. One with Male one and the other with Female XT60 connector. Pics to clarify.

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133132.jpg

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133148.jpg

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133211.jpg

One set needs to be attached to the C7 clamps.

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133715.jpg

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133733.jpg

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133800.jpg

Fix the other set to your car (or scooter ) battery terminals. I fixed in scooter and routed to the storage compartment for easy access. Shrink wrap/zip tie the cables together along the length as needed so that they do not move around. I made a small hole to let the cable in the compartment. Missed taking the battery terminal connected pic (will request mods to attach later when I access the battery in the future).

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_134322.jpg
Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_134330.jpg

That is it. Just pop up the seat (hood in your car) and connect it to charge multiple vehicles as needed. Just add one set for each vehicle, making sure that the all vehicles must use the same connector end (Male or Female) while the C7 attached is opposite end. XT60 can be bought individually of all Male or all Female as needed.

Significant Pointers
  • Can use any such easily available connector pairs, e.g. XT90 or other.
  • The connector has +ve and -ve marking to make it easier. I used blue wire for negative and red for positive.
  • Connector already soldered with wire are also available in case you want to skip soldering. Simple connect or crimp will ease the job.
  • Battery Terminal ring that I used was perfect for the 12V battery in Wego. Do check for size if you car battery has bigger terminal bolts. I went with the ring size in C7 kit assuming this would work.
    Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_133424.jpg
  • This is not water proof at the connectors without a cap. One can choose a water proof connector set, if available.

To reduce risk, I kept the the connector with the cavity attached to C7 clamps while the one in scooter would not accumulate water. Additionally, I used a USB-A Terminal cap to mold as a cap in the scooter.
Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20240406_134351.jpg

That's all folks, hope it helps since Bosch did not make this part available to buy for users with multiple vehicles to charge.

Last edited by vidyanand : 6th April 2024 at 15:11.
vidyanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:49   #216
BHPian

One query, do we need to remove the terminals( both +v and -ve) before charging the battery by C7 charger?
Old 27th April 2024, 13:55   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
One query, do we need to remove the terminals( both +v and -ve) before charging the battery by C7 charger?
This is Not needed at all. The charger is supposed to used in as is setup.

Infact, removing the battery terminals will cause much harm to modern German cars and general inconvenience with older cars, i.e. reset time while loosing on your trip detail histories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks