Team-BHP - Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/187331-approved-engine-oils-maruti-suzuki.html)

Offlate, I have been seeing many discussions on different threads regarding the preferred choice of engine oil. Some caring owners even ask about possibility of using different and more premium engine oils like Liqui Moly, Motul etc.

For all those people whose cars are still in warranty, I'd request the owners to use only Maruti approved engine oils and lubes. Hence I am compiling the data for different cars. It has part numbers of all lubes by different vendors, hence it will help others too while placing an order at the MGP store.

Index: If you look at the part number, it is in the format 99999MXXXXX-ABC.

If,
ABC=CAS, it means Castrol
ABC=MOB, it means Mobil
ABC=SHL, it means Shell
ABC=IOC, it means Servo aka Indian Oil
ABC=PET, it means Petronas
ABC=TTL, it means Total
ABC=IDT, it means Idemitsu(can see BHPian Saket77 grinning :D)

Maruti Genuine Diesel Oils[MGDO]

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-1.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-2.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-3.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-4.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-5.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-6.jpg

Maruti Genuine Oils[MGO]

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-7.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-8.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-9.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-10.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-11.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-12.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-13.jpg

Maruti Genuine Gear Oil[MGGO]

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-14.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-15.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-16.jpg

Maruti Genuine Synthetic Oils[MGSO]

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-17.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-18.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-19.jpg

Oil details and data

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-20.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-21.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-22.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Source

PPS: Some errors are there on Maruti's Part, like they have mentioned F8D in Omni. Shows how passionate the guy compiling this was. :uncontrol

PPPS: They have remembered cars like the Zen Diesel and the Grand Vitara XL7 but have conveniently forgotten the legendary Maruti 800!!

Mod note: Thread moved to Technical Stuff section. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful & a much needed thread Shashi. Absolutely informative and I am sure this will rest a lot of queries that many owners may have, needless to say it will also reduce many apprehensions related to buying these oils online which is a popular destination now. You have listed them all.

In terms of cost too, I have noticed that the oils are available cheaper online (or at the Authorized distributor).

An interesting bit I had earlier observed with MASS when I was getting my usual service done was how they sell oil with the same Grade as Synthetic and Semi/Mineral with the former costing almost 1010 Per liter and the latter around half the price if I recall it right.

Notice these part numbers and the description. These are from my service bills. Everything in the part number remains same except for the alphabet underlined that differentiates between FS and SS oils.

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-oil.jpg

So its Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil and Maruti Genuine Synthetic Oil that differentiates between the 2 :).

D = Regular/SS Diesel Oil
S = Synthetic Oil

And from my experience of driving on both these oils over the past (Shell only), I realized that with same grades and almost double the price difference, it made no difference whatsoever in terms of driving experience and ever since I am sticking to the cheaper option between the 2 as the grades were same anyway.

Needless to say that my experience with the much talked about crafted oil for MJD Engines - THE Mobil1 Delvac too was anything but normal & incidentally Delvac is not in the list above which of course is a topic to discuss in the dedicated thread for Engine oils.

A very comprehensive list of oils which will help any Maruti vehicle owner. Thanks a lot Shashi.

Superb thread. Really appreciate the way you share valuable information in a short and 'to-the-point' manner. It will help us refer quickly and on the small screen too. But seeing this, I am surprised that they have listed 0W20 as the Grade for SX4, while the manual stated that we should use 5W30. It has been the same since the last 8 years. Now I am thinking whether changing to 0W20 will have any benefits or if thats good to do.

Also, the MGP stores dont stock the newer grades and just a few months back, they had stock of 20W40 in mineral and 5W40 in synthetic. I had to actually convince them that there are other grades too, like 5W30 and 0W20. I hope they get this poster too and they could feed it to their minds :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4207566)

So its Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil and Maruti Genuine Synthetic Oil that differentiates between the 2 :).

D = Regular/SS Diesel Oil
S = Synthetic Oil

Needless to say that my experience with the much talked about crafted oil for MJD Engines - THE Mobil1 Delvac too was anything but normal & incidentally Delvac is not in the list above which of course is a topic to discuss in the dedicated thread for Engine oils.

Thanks Sashi for the wonderful thread.

Maruti needs to really pull their sock up.

@parag - The nomenclature is really flawed. Even your example indicates that 5w40 grade of Engine oil from Shell can be treated either as MGDO or MSDO. As you know 5w40 is a Synthetic oil grade (unfortunate situation)

Another example is about the second pic and 6th pic has an issue

99999M15W40-MOB
99999MD5W40-MOB

Again Mobil oils have the same issue as Shell oils. 5w40 is categorized as MGDO and not as MSDO. 5w40 in this case is the Delvac 1 which is packaged as Mobil 1 Super 5w40. In this case other than the grade there is no difference between the 15w40 and 5w40.

Now that makes me wonder if this is a printing mistake where the 1 was left out inadvertently stupid:

Just my observations

Quote:

Originally Posted by csateesh (Post 4207603)
@parag - The nomenclature is really flawed. Even your example indicates that 5w40 grade of Engine oil from Shell can be treated either as MGDO or MSDO. As you know 5w40 is a Synthetic oil grade (unfortunate situation)

Not sure if the nomenclature is flawed here but then if its MGDO I pay lesser against MSDO for the same Grade.

Secondly, the MGDO costs 500 against MSDO which is 1000 Per liter. So I would obviously buy MGDO by paying less after realising that it hasn't made any significant difference in driving or performance whatsoever.

Quote:

5w40 in this case is the Delvac 1 which is packaged as Mobil 1 Super 5w40. In this case other than the grade there is no difference between the 15w40 and 5w40.

Now that makes me wonder if this is a printing mistake where the 1 was left out inadvertently stupid:

Just my observations
Globally, Delvac is seen as a brand marketed for Heavy Vehicles (Trucks). Even the pictorial on the label advertises this. I have so far used it just once.

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-20160829_072435bordermaker.jpg

So, as you mention, Mobil Super could be marketed as the one suitable for cars but then all this would really deviate from the topic of this very post :).

Ideally, what matters here is a comprehensive list of approved Engine oils & Grades by MSIL and one can now have this handy and pick it up from anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4207566)

In terms of cost too, I have noticed that the oils are available cheaper online (or at the Authorized distributor).

An interesting bit I had earlier observed with MASS when I was getting my usual service done was how they sell oil with the same Grade as Synthetic and Semi/Mineral with the former costing almost 1010 Per liter and the latter around half the price if I recall it right.

The oils and stuffs labelled as MGO and MGA respectively are sometimes cheaper compared to the ones which aren't. I have noticed this recently, and have documented in this link, please have a look: Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4207598)
But seeing this, I am surprised that they have listed 0W20 as the Grade for SX4, while the manual stated that we should use 5W30. It has been the same since the last 8 years. Now I am thinking whether changing to 0W20 will have any benefits or if thats good to do.

When in doubt, follow the owner's manual. I am not sure about M16 engine of the SX4, but older K12 engines needed 5w30 oil as per the service manual. But their latest gen engines shifted to 0w20 along with certain changes in the piston design. As per my friend in MSIL, they have some coatings also on the cylinder walls, and the older engines are now called as HF(High Friction) and the newer engines are called as (LF) internally. The exact same case is there with the K10. They made these changes in the engine when they launched it as K-Next engine (in the Celerio perhaps??).

Now your SX4's engine doesn't have them, so I won't recommend you using the thinner oil. I have seen this issue in MASS also: Just to escape from the pain of stocking different grades of oil, they fill 0w20 oils in older cars, or 20w40 or 5w30 in new cars. The former causes lots of blowby and even engine damage in some cases, while the latter causes decrease in mileage and sluggishness.

I'd like to take this opportunity to present this video, where MSIL's chief speaks about the changes they made in the engine and the oil to attain higher fuel efficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exrtl5t5iOY

Regards,
Shashi

I have been using Mobil Super MGDO 5W40 since the last 60+K Kms, and the engine runs butter smooth in my 2011 Swift VDi that has clocked 156 K Kms.

Usually purchase the 3.5 Lt. container from the aftermarket for ~ INR 1700 and carry it to the MASS.

What could be the difference between Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil and Maruti Genuine Synthetic Oil? as in the example quoted above both have the same grade (5W-40) which is mostly available only in fully synthetic base.

A large number of 0W20 oils there, but its very hard to tell which is synthetic and which is not. Any ideas on deciphering that? Or are all of them synthetic?

Very informative thread and a beautiful compilation of all the MG lubricants.

I have 2 cars with the 1.3MJD- dzire vdi 2012 (98000kms in 4.5years) and Ertiga 2016 (23000kms in 1.5yrs.

I had long migrated to mobil1 0w40 in the dzire and the effects are too good as compared to mineral oils.

I service it regularly and change oil at 10-13k intervals at mass vitesse Prabhadevi and carry in my oil can for two reasons. They don't have stock of this oil and if they buy the price levied is mrp, whereas in the market its available for 4.4k (1k cheaper)

Also touchwood no engine troubles to speak of till date in both cars and they have been as reliable as a 'Toyota' for me. (although after seeing the recent threads on TKM Innova not sure if this is a good analogy)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4207615)
Not sure if the nomenclature is flawed here but then if its MGDO I pay lesser against MSDO for the same Grade.

Secondly, the MGDO costs 500 against MSDO which is 1000 Per liter. So I would obviously buy MGDO by paying less after realising that it hasn't made any significant difference in driving or performance whatsoever.

Globally, Delvac is seen as a brand marketed for Heavy Vehicles (Trucks). Even the pictorial on the label advertises this. I have so far used it just once.

Attachment 1643964

So, as you mention, Mobil Super could be marketed as the one suitable for cars but then all this would really deviate from the topic of this very post :).

Ideally, what matters here is a comprehensive list of approved Engine oils & Grades by MSIL and one can now have this handy and pick it up from anywhere.

Parag - For trained and informed folks like us the grade makes more of a difference while the service centre folks bill us based on what is consumed. Just an FYI on Delvac 1 - This is the only synthetic CI4 grade Diesel lube. The shell ones are well below the requirements. All 3 Marquee brands use the same and is purchased in barrels. Of course this doesn't mean anything. But wanted to highlight the same.

As you rightly said this thread is for approved engine lubes for Maruti Diesel heart and hence doesn't warrant a comparison here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4207531)
Hence I am compiling the data for different cars. It has part numbers of all lubes by different vendors, hence it will help others too while placing an order at the MGP store.

Brilliant initiative. clap::thumbs up

Hailing from the NCR, I have always preferred to get oil from MGP store, since we have a huge racket of Oil recycling and even counterfeit ones. And I was always a bit unhappy that I was given mostly Servo branded oils, and no options like Shell etc. This thread and the part numbers mentioned here will greatly help in getting oil of preferred brands.

Best regards,
Anant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4207615)

Attachment 1643964

I have used Mobil Delvac 1 for several oil changes and then the much cheaper semi-synth MGO Mobil 5W40 and actually felt the latter to be smoother and providing better mileage.

As a side note, I am looking for a fully synthetic 0W20 oil for K12M engine and not sure where to find it. The service stations have only IOC Servo in 00W20 and the Shell petrol stations don't seem to carry 0W20 HX8 or Ultra either.