Team-BHP - Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/187331-approved-engine-oils-maruti-suzuki-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 4650586)
The employee who answered my call said they will not use the engine oil I purchase and get to the service centre, so any suggestions to get around this are also appreciated.

Even I had faced similar problems and I asked them the reason for this. The Service advisor told me that if you go for a periodic maintenance service every 10k or 1 year, they cannot close the job card if there is no oil change in it. For a PMS the oil change is mandatory.
However, if you do not go for a pms then I don't think there should be any problems. I personally have to go for pms because my car is still under extended warranty.

Regarding the oil, just be careful as to what they put in. In my last service, they added 5w40 full synthetic to my petrol Baleno when Maruti says 0w20 as the recommended oil. I didn't pay attention and the engine definitely felt courser than it used to be.

Hello Everyone,

I drive 2011 manufactured Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (VVT Version).

My car is going to be due for replacement of Engine oil in short time. What i find difficult is to which grade of oil should i use?

I bought this car second hand, so i dont have its user manual. But in online PDF, it says 5W-30. On the other hand, when i search for online catalogues, it says 0W-20 grade.

Some background:

It has 72k km on odometer.

At 60k on the odo, head gasket has been replaced. During this repair, All Valves and Piston rings were also changed. Till now, everything is going good. Mileage is also consistent, highway 13-14 kmpl and city 10-11 kmpl.

I just want to know, which grade is appropriate?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainBrijesh (Post 4718727)
Hello Everyone,

I drive 2011 manufactured Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (VVT Version).

My car is going to be due for replacement of Engine oil in short time. What i find difficult is to which grade of oil should i use?

I bought this car second hand, so i dont have its user manual. But in online PDF, it says 5W-30. On the other hand, when i search for online catalogues, it says 0W-20 grade.

Some background:

It has 72k km on odometer.

At 60k on the odo, head gasket has been replaced. During this repair, All Valves and Piston rings were also changed. Till now, everything is going good. Mileage is also consistent, highway 13-14 kmpl and city 10-11 kmpl.

I just want to know, which grade is appropriate?

Thanks in advance!

Use 5W30, I don't know of any pre-2012 car using 0W20 oil, especially Maruti.

Yes, online user manual suggests the same (5W30).

But i heard that, later on Maruti updated oil specs of all engines to 0W20.

Online catalogues also suggests 0W20 engine oil (4.3 litres).

That's why i am confused.

Please find the attachment which justifies my confusion.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainBrijesh (Post 4719087)
Yes, online user manual suggests the same (5W30).

But i heard that, later on Maruti updated oil specs of all engines to 0W20.

Online catalogues also suggests 0W20 engine oil (4.3 litres).

That's why i am confused.

Please find the attachment which justifies my confusion.

Thanks in advance!

Firstly, avoid referring to any third party source like the one you have posted above(mycarhelpline). When in doubt, always go with the recommended grade in your owner's manual.

Secondly, Maruti has now started recommending 0W16 for new engines. They keep on changing the grades with minor changes in the engine. For older cars, since the engine is the same it came with, the applicable grade should logically be the same which is mentioned in the manual and not the one which MSIL is recommending for current cars. Hope you understand this. Also for SX4, it always remained 5w30 AFAIK.

Shell Helix HX8 5W30 or any other nice synthetic oil will be my choice.

Regards,
Shashi

Anyone know what engine oil is filled in brand new maruti diesel engines of a Brezza?

Is it filled by dealer or in factory?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashishy (Post 4733498)
Anyone know what engine oil is filled in brand new maruti diesel engines of a Brezza?

Is it filled by dealer or in factory?

All lubes are filled in factory. I don't know about Brezza in particular but Shell and offlate Idemitsu is extensively used by MSIL. For 1.6L diesel, Petronas was the preferred brand.

Regards,
Shashi

Our new swift completed 1k kms. I took it to the service center for 1st service. When I requested them to change engine oil,they were surprised and told me not to change as the oil is in perfect condition. I went ahead and requested them to change it anyway.

Hello Everyone,
I took our Wagonr for 5th service last week and there's something that is bothering me since then. The engine oil that was used in our car is Ecstar 0w-20 which going by the part number says that it is manufactured by Shell. I also confirmed with our SA at MASS whether the oil was fully synthetic or Mineral. He said that the oil used was mineral and if I would have opted for Fully Synthetic then it would have costed me upwards of INR 3000.
Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-img_20200209_161552.jpg
Now the confusion arose when I saw the drum from which they were taking the oil out for cars. It was Ecstar 0w20 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil drum. They only had two types of drum in stock. One was 0w20 Ecstar and another one was Shell Helix AZ 5w40(Fully Synthetic).
Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-ecstar.jpg
Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-shell-helix.jpg
So I would like to request fellow members to enlighten me on this. Also I paid INR 985 for 2.9 litres which makes me believe that it is highly unlikely that they used Fully Synthetic Oil in our car. So can anyone please confirm that whether the oil used was a Synthetic or a Mineral one? Also in the invoice the part number mentions MN which I suppose is for Mineral? I guess Shashi sir can help me out.
As for the changes, the car has done a total of 8000 kms till date and the oil change was very significant. Earlier it was a Servo 0w20 which I feel wasn't upto the mark. After switching to shell one thing that is clearly evident is that the engine now feels a lot smoother and much quieter at idle. The response in acceleration has also increased slightly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi9044 (Post 4750351)
Hello Everyone

My take on this:

So enjoy your ride. There is nothing wrong which your dealer has done, except maybe slightly inflating the bill, which is definitely not the subject of this thread. :)

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4719785)
Firstly, avoid referring to any third party source like the one you have posted above(mycarhelpline). When in doubt, always go with the recommended grade in your owner's manual.

Secondly, Maruti has now started recommending 0W16 for new engines. They keep on changing the grades with minor changes in the engine. For older cars, since the engine is the same it came with, the applicable grade should logically be the same which is mentioned in the manual and not the one which MSIL is recommending for current cars. Hope you understand this. Also for SX4, it always remained 5w30 AFAIK.

Shell Helix HX8 5W30 or any other nice synthetic oil will be my choice.

Regards,
Shashi

Hello Leoshashi,

Just had a look into the Maruti Suzuki ECSTAR lubricants brochure & there it mentions 0W20 Engine oil for SX4 Petrol. Attaching ECSTAR manual for reference to all.

I think this clears the confusion regarding recommended engine oil for SX4 Petrol, which would be 0W20.

Thanks a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainBrijesh (Post 4816518)
Just had a look into the Maruti Suzuki ECSTAR lubricants brochure & there it mentions 0W20 Engine oil for SX4 Petrol.
I think this clears the confusion regarding recommended engine oil for SX4 Petrol, which would be 0W20.

As far as I know, 0W20 is only for the last version of SX4, the type 3. The rest of the versions still use 5W30 itself. Please check the owners manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4816563)
As far as I know, 0W20 is only for the last version of SX4, the type 3. The rest of the versions still use 5W30 itself. Please check the owners manual.

Can you please explain type 1, 2 & 3 of SX4 & how they have been differentiated from each other?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4816563)

+1 Stick to your owners manual for any doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainBrijesh (Post 4816663)
Can you please explain type 1, 2 & 3 of SX4 & how they have been differentiated from each other?please:

Type 1 was with NON VVT engine. 5 spoke alloys
Type 2 was VVT engine and 10 spoke alloys with minor facelift

Type 3 was the last facelift I believe. Can be identified by that Chrome grill

Regards,
Shashi

Hi Leoshashi,

Currently i am driving VVT version with 10 spoke alloy wheels, manufactured in 2011. Can you tell me which type is it? Type 2 or 3 ?

If type 2 & type 3 have minor cosmetic differences, 0W20 would be suitable for both types considering both use same M16A engine with VVT technology.

Thanks in advance!