Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 20:31   #91
BHPian

Re: Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

Good to hear that the issue is resolved. Still wondering what caused the Sealant to shrink but anyways, Toyota sending a representative to the dealership near you and personally inspecting the car, talks a lot about good customer service. Enjoy the ride. Thanks for keeping us informed.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 20:31   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post

The GM Customer Service, who misbehaved with me during the whole incident came to my home (150 kms away from the service center) with a nice bouquet and sweets just to apologize. He is threatened that he would be fired if I am still not satisfied. He is also alleged that because of his bad behaviour, I uploaded the video and he would be fired if I do not remove the video as his MD thinks that it was uploaded because of his bad behaviour in the first place.

So, I think as a courtesy, I should remove the video because I don't want someone to lose his job. Please advise me on this part.

Always good to hear of these kind of responses. This is where Toyota is different from VW and the likes. You might see a bit of inefficency at the dealership level, but once the matter is escalated to the company, they leave no stone unturned to resolve issues. Kudos to Toyota for this part.

I think you should remove the video since he has apologised. Accepting a mistake is something very important and he did so. Just look at the way other MNCs deal with customers and you will know what I am talking about.

I don't mean to make an issue out of this, but what was the exact defect? I think it was the quality of sealant used that was faulty or substandard. Either ways, all's well that ends well.

Enjoy the car and do give us an ownership report,

Regards,
vishy
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 20:39   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He is threatened that he would be fired if I am still not satisfied. He is also alleged that because of his bad behaviour, I uploaded the video and he would be fired if I do not remove the video as his MD thinks that it was uploaded because of his bad behaviour in the first place.

So, I think as a courtesy, I should remove the video because I don't want someone to lose his job. Please advise me on this part.
Dear Shreyas,

All of us at the Team BHP community are very pleased at this happy ending. For the rest of your time as Toyota car owner this dealer will never take you for granted. I agree with your direction of thought that the video should be taken off. Happy motoring.
-Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 21:16   #94
BHPian

Thank you all for your advice. I will remove the video as soon as possible.

Thanks to BHPian V.Narayan for helping me contact the higher-ups at Toyota even though he had to take time out of his busy schedule and making it possible for me to trust Toyota once again.

P.S. Expect a positive ownership review from my side after a few weeks.

Note to the Mods: Please remove the link of the video in my first post as it would be useless after I remove the video but if the moderators say that the video should not be removed then I will follow the Team-BHP rules even if a person has to lose his job.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 11th June 2017 at 21:22.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 08:26   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your advice. I will remove the video as soon as possible.

Thanks to BHPian V.Narayan for helping me contact the higher-ups at Toyota even though he had to take time out of his busy schedule and making it possible for me to trust Toyota once again.

P.S. Expect a positive ownership review from my side after a few weeks.

Note to the Mods: Please remove the link of the video in my first post as it would be useless after I remove the video but if the moderators say that the video should not be removed then I will follow the Team-BHP rules even if a person has to lose his job.

Please reply as soon as possible.
It is very good on Toyota's part to get issue fixed. Full marks to them here.

However, I certainly feel the losing job and all is a hoax, its the PR machinery working to ensure the negative stuff on the internet is removed. I suggest keep it, but mention very clearly that the issue has been resolved to satisfaction. This will surely keep the company in check in terms of its QC. Also ensure everything is documented in Toyota DMS. Do not accept any fixes without the job card being opened.

PS: If the person was to lose the job, he would have lost it by now. The video wont decide his fate.
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 09:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

I strongly disagree about removing the video. It highlights a quality problem in the Innova (one that has affected more than one car). It has nothing to do with the dealer or anybody's job there.

I would recommend you edit the description to reflect the full story and add any annotations in the video itself if you like. But please consider leaving the video up as it will be useful to many buyers.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 09:55   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the last few days I was full of regret. I want to take back every single word, I spoke about Toyota's ignorance to the issue, I want to make it the Dealer's ignorance (Sunny Toyota).
I am glad to hear this worked out well. As mentioned TKM will stand by you and ensure the dealer fixes the problem to your satisfaction. Toyota haven't retained me as a customer for more than 11 years by cocking a snook at customer satisfaction or delivering a product of less than acceptable quality.

So keeping the over-reactions and rants you see on this thread aside (some of which caused me to roll my eyes) the next time you face a problem with the vehicle just take it to the dealer. If they don't fix it or you get a less than satisfactory response just get TKM into the loop.

Quote:
After an e-mail to the higher-ups at TKM. I was called the next day by a person from Toyota. He asked me if I could send the vehicle to toyota again for thorough investigation in presence of a representative from TKM. The issue was resolved from the dealer's side by then but they said it would be a thorough investigation about how and why did the issue occur and if it was properly resolved or not.
Now that's the kind of experience I have known for over a decade. These people take customer feedback seriously.

Quote:
I was explained the whole issue as follows:

The car passed the shower test and a pressure wash before delivery but after a few kilometers running, the sealant overshrinked due to some unknown reason and this led to the leak.
To me it looks like a less than optimal quality/quantity of silicone sealant was used. Or, a simple 'shortcut' i.e. an improper application method or process was employed during assembly.

Quote:
I think the video should be retained as a reminder to TKM AND the dealer of how NOT to treat a customer. And let it also serve as a lesson to that manager. He deserves to sweat.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 10:08   #98
BHPian

Glad to hear that it worked out well for you in the end.

Similar customer service was provided to me by Mahindra also recently where in my Scorpio was inspected, test driven and job supervised by Mahindra representative himself.

So I guess the Indian companies too respond well once the matter reaches them.
Kestrel5915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 10:09   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I am very sorry, I could not keep you updated for the last few days as I was busy.

In the last few days I was full of regret. I want to take back every single word, I spoke about Toyota's ignorance to the issue, I want to make it the Dealer's ignorance (Sunny Toyota).
Whether you want to keep the video or remove it, one thing is for sure, TKM customer service is top notch. You may see some issues with the dealers/service centers, but once you escalate the issue with the TKM customer service, they will make sure that the issue is resolved, dealer mends their way and also make sure that they apologize to the customer (if the customer is correct).

Having experienced with Toyota (both dealers and TKM customer service) since last 5.5 years, even i had small issues with service centers 4 times. But all the time, when i wrote to TKM customer service, they have resolved the issue to my utmost satisfaction and in all the cases, the senior customer service manager at the service center came and apologized to me in person.

I don't know whether you had approached TKM customer service before you started this thread, if not, then you could have tried that first. But, if you had already done that and they still did not respond, then TKM has to accept their mistake and make sure that such things do not happen in the future.
Old 12th June 2017, 16:41   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am very sorry, I could not keep you updated for the last few days as I was busy.

After an e-mail to the higher-ups at TKM. I was called the next day by a person from Toyota. He asked me if I could send the vehicle to toyota again for thorough investigation in presence of a representative from TKM. The issue was resolved from the dealer's side by then but they said it would be a thorough investigation about how and why did the issue occur and if it was properly resolved or not.

I was explained the whole issue as follows:

The car passed the shower test and a pressure wash before delivery but after a few kilometers running, the sealant overshrinked due to some unknown reason and this led to the leak.

They apologized for the delay and inconvenience caused. They even paid me for the fuel which was used for the repeated trips to the service center.

The service staff also messed up while replacing the windshield, there were a few black spots on the bonnet which were removed right away when the TKM representative pointed out.

The GM Customer Service, who misbehaved with me during the whole incident came to my home (150 kms away from the service center) with a nice bouquet and sweets just to apologize. He is threatened that he would be fired if I am still not satisfied. He is also alleged that because of his bad behaviour, I uploaded the video and he would be fired if I do not remove the video as his MD thinks that it was uploaded because of his bad behaviour in the first place.

Fantastic. That is a great outcome. But what if there was no Team-BHP? What if you were not a person to take things further?

Toyota is 95% vindicated by their response. 5% remains simply because they must take responsibility for their dealer. It sounds as if they recognise this.

According to the principle, it isn't in not getting things wrong, it's what they do about it, Toyota has come out ahead. But whatever flac has been thrown at the dealer still sticks. Let us hope they learned their lesson.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 17:37   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Shreyas, you are being bombarded by advice from all us well meaning T-BHP brothers! With reference to the video there is much to be said for and against keeping it up or taking it down and some valid reasons have been put forth for both views.

Your interest lies in maintaining cordial relations with this dealer with whom you will interact for the next few or more years. The dealer and his General Manager know only too well that you have teeth and can bite. The purpose has been served. Write a letter thanking the Toyota management (you have the mail IDs) and tell them you are taking it down as a gesture of courtesy. It is something the two key senior most officers will recognize and remember. You could create a win -win for yourself and them for life. Just my thoughts. Best of luck with the vehicle & miles.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 12th June 2017 at 17:45.
V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 19:07   #102
BHPian

Hi,

I am glad that your issue is resolved. However, I feel it is pertinent to mention that it got resolved only after you could reach to the someone in TKM.

Had the member V. Narayan not given you those details, you would have found yourself struggling with VOC (Voice of customer).

I had a terrible issue with my "Innova Crysta" in the first week of April 2017 when I was not given timely road assistance. After waiting for more than two hours, I took help from local people and resumed my journey.

After reaching Delhi, I escalated the matter to VOC and wrote them an e-mail mentioning my ordeal. There was an automated response and no communication thereafter.

I felt so disgusted that I started writing them a mail daily reminding them that I am still waiting a reply from there end. My calls to them too proved futile.

As luck would have it, a friend gave me a reference and when I sent him the entire chain mail, he was shocked to see that Toyota VOC has not responded to any of my mail in the last 45 days. This was in-spite of the fact that I had mentioned in all my mails that Toyota is hard bend at following the SKODA route and I sent them all links from team-bhp indicating what I meant. I also wrote that I would continue to write daily till such time I get enrolled in the Limca Book of Records for writing to a company and not getting any response.

It was then that the ball started rolling and I got a call, my call recordings were retrieved and they apologized for the inconvenience caused to me and offered to pay me the cost incurred by me.

The lesson that I have learnt is that the customer care teams have become so immune to hearing all sort of complaints that they have stopped bothering. They are normally outsourced and their role is to pass on information from the customer to the company. In a company, you are heard only if you have someone known else your complaint and issue is bound to gather dust in the routine course.

Last edited by mints21 : 12th June 2017 at 19:15.
mints21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 19:58   #103
BHPian

Good that this had an happy ending. However I somehow feel this got resolved quickly only because someone decided to give you contact details of higher ups. Sadly I don't see Toyota any different than other brands in Customer satisfaction anymore.

Disclaimer: Working for a European Auto major. Not a Toyota fan but I used to absolutely envy their work culture and amazing​ QC.
Old 12th June 2017, 20:18   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I had a terrible issue with my "Innova Crysta" in the first week of April 2017 when I was not given timely road assistance. After waiting for more than two hours, I took help from local people and resumed my journey.
What was the nature of the problem(s) you faced with your car? Can you elaborate?

PS - you may want to start a separate thread with all the details.

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th June 2017 at 20:20. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 20:45   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
What was the nature of the problem(s) you faced with your car? Can you elaborate?

PS - you may want to start a separate thread with all the details.
I think he already mentioned them in his thread. The Crysta niggles thread was started by him sir.

Link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...va-crysta.html (Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta)
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks