Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2017, 17:23   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I still find a difference in the part number between yours and mine.
There is no difference, it's same. I think the pic of my bill was not clear. The part numbers are same even in the other bill posted by another owner on post #44

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th November 2017 at 17:25.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 14:38   #47
BHPian

Quick Feedback on Suspension Replacement on my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT

MSM Chennai have changed the below parts in my vehicle:

a) Rear Shocks
b) Rear Springs
c) Front Shocks/Strut

I have driven the vehicle close to 200 kms post suspension replacement and I can proudly say that there's a remarkable improvement in the ride quality.

Yes, the ride is stiff, but it's very much manageable.

Chennai BHP'ians will be very familiar with the joints on Kathipara Flyover. The car glides over them with ease!

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 10th November 2017 at 14:54.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 14:50   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
MSM Chennai have changed the below parts in my vehicle:

a) Rear Shocks
b) Rear Springs
c) Front Shocks/Strut
What about beam assembly of rear suspension? This was the most expensive part and it was also replaced in my case.
Old 10th November 2017, 14:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What about beam assembly of rear suspension? This was the most expensive part and it was also replaced in my case.
Hi Naren - Nope, they haven't replaced the rear beam assembly!

Should I check with the service centre again?
Old 10th November 2017, 14:58   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Naren - Nope, they haven't replaced the rear beam assembly!

Should I check with the service centre again?
Many owners have got even the rear suspension beam assembly changed under warranty. Do check with your service centre again. I believe there is some very minor change in the area where the rear shocks are mounted.
Old 12th November 2017, 22:17   #51

Team,

I got to know of this only after reading the article in the weekly news letter. I immediately wrote a e-mail & now in less than a month the front & back suspension is changed. Definitely there is a noticeable improvement.
I managed to click a few photos as the changes were done.Unfortunately my car used to go to the same service center in bangalore where we saw a video going viral about a baleno not serviced properly. The staff here is on high alert now & were trying to stop me from taking snaps of my vehicle. I had to over ride them that they cannot object taking photos of my own vehicle. I also told them to do a free alignment post changes & they reluctantly did it. Hardly took about 3 hrs in all to complete. This service center does not have good lighting facilities to work under chassis. The service crew was using their mobile light intermittently. This is bad.

thanks a ton to Team BHPians else I would not get to know about this.
gypsteem@gmail. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 10:53   #52
BHPian

Full suspension replaced in my 2016 June Baleno Alpha, over the last weekend. All the parts were as in sync with what DrNaren has mentioned here. But I got a problem post replacement. There's absolutely no control on steering/handling around 110 kmph mark

MASS has apparently done the WB once the new suspension is fit, but somehow I am not convinced with their efficiency. In fact, I have been facing this problem ever since they rotated the wheels at 10km on Odo. I think I need to take the vehicle to Tyre professional/Madhu's for WB/WA
Old 28th November 2017, 11:05   #53
BHPian

Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Mine is a Sep 2017 model. I am surprised even my suspension kit is recommended for a change. I raised a complaint during first service that the rear suspension just falls with a thud into poth holes. They took about 2hrs and came back saying they have raised an approval from TSM and ordered parts. Says I will receive a call from TSM. Is it for sure that the parts will be changed?

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 28th November 2017 at 11:08.
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:43   #54
BHPian

Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Mine is a Sep 2017 model. I am surprised even my suspension kit is recommended for a change. I raised a complaint during first service that the rear suspension just falls with a thud into poth holes. They took about 2hrs and came back saying they have raised an approval from TSM and ordered parts. Says I will receive a call from TSM. Is it for sure that the parts will be changed?

Update

I was sent back on that day stating the approval process. But on my way home the car felt much better on the same rough roads which kept me in the wondering zone. Even as I was going to the service centre the car did not behave on the same road. There were constant thuds.

Though the SA said it takes over 10days for TSM to approve or call, I received a call from SA and he asked me to come immediately as the TSM was at their workshop. I went the next day though.

As I reached the workshop's QM took the car in and the car was lifted on ramp and a few minutes later I was called inside and they showed the part numbers. It was indeed the new modified part. He then took me to his PC and showed the comparison between old and new parts(email from Maruti). I immediately pulled out my phone on which I had snaps of fellow members of their invoices and it matched. QM asked me out of curiosity how did I get such information and I quoted TBHP. He dropped his jaw a bit.

He says the new modified suspension cannot be changed without changing the beam. So if beam is new the other parts are relatively new too.

Though I am relieved of my worries, still I am confused as to how did the car transform without changing the parts and what exactly happened for those 2hrs when I took the car for 1st service. All is well that ends well.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 3rd December 2017 at 11:48.
Old 10th December 2017, 16:52   #55

Hi All,

I have an October 2016 Beleno Zeta and I have been experiencing the suspension problem for quite some time now. So, I visited the Nexa Service Center in Wagholi, Pune, today for the same, the incharge took the car for a ride and he agreed that the suspensions are very rigid and needs to be replaced. He said that they currently don't have the parts and they will have to order them. He said that the whole thing will be covered under warranty but i'll have to pay around Rs. 1000-1200 for some checks that they will carry out after the replacement (don't know what those are). So just want to ask if anybody here has paid for these checks or it should all be included under warranty? Also, will they be changing both the front and rear or only the rear? Thanks!
Old 10th December 2017, 17:55   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupneelay View Post
He said that the whole thing will be covered under warranty but i'll have to pay around Rs. 1000-1200 for some checks that they will carry out after the replacement (don't know what those are).
I was not charged anything. They did even wheel alignment free of cost.

Quote:
Also, will they be changing both the front and rear or only the rear? Thanks!
1. Front struts
2. Front stabiliser bar
3. Rear shocks
4. Rear coil springs
5. Rear suspension beam
6. Nuts, bolts etc

These parts would be changed free of cost
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 21:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:

1. Front struts
2. Front stabiliser bar
3. Rear shocks
4. Rear coil springs
5. Rear suspension beam
6. Nuts, bolts etc

These parts would be changed free of cost
Mine was done today, and the same parts as above were replaced, wheel alignment done all free of charge.

Thanks Dr.Naren, I followed the same procedure. Shot off mail to nexa 1st week of Nov, immediately got a call from my dealership that full suspension will be replaced ( No checking was done by them) . The whole process took about 1.5 months.

I also heard from SA that Maruti is now calling owners for suspension replacement starting from the first lot of 600 cars ( Oct 2015). Not sure how true this is though.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 19:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Mine was done today, and the same parts as above were replaced, wheel alignment done all free of charge.

Thanks Dr.Naren, I followed the same procedure. Shot off mail to nexa 1st week of Nov, immediately got a call from my dealership that full suspension will be replaced ( No checking was done by them) . The whole process took about 1.5 months.
I got the suspension of my Baleno Delta petrol changed over a week back, followed the same steps listed in this thread thread (but SA requested not to write to Nexa in future before raising the issue with them first as any email from customer which goes to Nexa is counted as a complaint against the service center in their system).

For me also the process took over a month from suspension check up to getting the parts ordered. After the suspension replacement there is an improvement in the bad road tackling but this also increased the vertical movement slightly. Overall I am happy with the change .
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-suspension-change-bill.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st January 2018 at 19:32. Reason: Typo corrected
y448 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post

For me also the process took over a month from suspension check up to getting the parts ordered. After the suspension replacement there is an improvement in the bad road tackling but this also increased the vertical movement slightly. Overall I am happy with the change .
Initially, I did not find any marked difference, but after driving over 1500+ kms over the last few weeks I can also feel the change and happy with it.
Old 12th January 2018, 18:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Many owners have got even the rear suspension beam assembly changed under warranty. Do check with your service centre again. I believe there is some very minor change in the area where the rear shocks are mounted.
Hi Naren - So, I finally managed to get the suspension replaced completely.

In order to test how the new rear suspension behaves, I took the car at slightly higher speeds over speed breakers and found that there's a loud 'THUD'

I checked if the spare wheel was not bolted properly. But that was not the case.

At low speeds, the suspension is absolutely fine.

Can you please try this in your vehicle and post your feedback?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks