Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 22:00   #76
BHPian

Re: Review: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier in my Skoda Laura

My Honda Amaze recently hit the 1,00,000km mark and for the past 5k km it was feeling sluggish and lacked the grunt it had previously. I got it serviced at a trusted FNG and found that Liqui-Moly was used along with the usual Synthetic Engine Oil. Now, I initially felt that the car did drive well but that was about it, it was only after the initial 100-odd kilometres that the car started showing a more responsive and eager side. I have driven a total of 6k kms since that servicing and am enjoying the smoothness and rev-happy nature of the 1.2L NA engine. Another major change I have seen is the mileage, right after the service I took a trip to Hyderabad and the car returned an astonishing 16 KMPL (mind you this is an automatic vehicle) and 13-14kmpl in the city.

I am thoroughly impressed with the results I have seen and want to know when the next bottle must be added to enjoy the experience further.

(I hope this is the correct thread to post this)
Sreesh1009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 21:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update:

During the oil change, added ceratec from liquimoly. 250ml of ceratec to 2900ml of engine oil. If you are wondering about why I did not follow the 6% ratio, then as per the liquimoly website, recommended ratio is 6-10% of volume, 6% is optimal, I had a 300 ml bottle, so I decanted about 50ml to be used in TVS Jupiter. .

Further plans:
ceratec in gear oil at 160K kms gear oil change. If anyone knows why I should not add ceratec to the gear oil, let me know.
If anyone has added ceratec to the gear oil, then please reply in the thread about your experience.

Car is a 2016 1.3 Scross manual with odo at 148500. I will report back to this thread after about 2000 kms of using ceratec.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 01:32   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Update:
Further plans:
ceratec in gear oil at 160K kms gear oil change. If anyone knows why I should not add ceratec to the gear oil, let me know.
If anyone has added ceratec to the gear oil, then please reply in the thread about your experience.

Car is a 2016 1.3 Scross manual with odo at 148500. I will report back to this thread after about 2000 kms of using ceratec.
My reasonable guess is that Ceratec is a polisher of engine internals where uneven grinding or small pitting happens. Gears don't get such stresses that's why their oil change intervals are so far apart. Even if you decide to use ceratec, don't let it sit there for 20-30 thousands of KM.
You can instead use liqi moly gear oil addictive or molybdenum powder of regent grade.
HereticHermit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 18:44   #79

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Update:

During the oil change, added ceratec from liquimoly. 250ml of ceratec to 2900ml of engine oil. If you are wondering about why I did not follow the 6% ratio, then as per the liquimoly website, recommended ratio is 6-10% of volume, 6% is optimal, I had a 300 ml bottle, so I decanted about 50ml to be used in TVS Jupiter. .

Further plans:

Sir

Please make sure if you can use Ceratec for TVS Jupiter as it is suitable for only Dry clutch vehicles . I am not sure about the clutch system of TVS Jupiter

Experts please elaborate on this !
King Advert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 01:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Jupiter has a dry clutch as far as I know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks