Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2018, 09:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier in my Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
My Beat is undergoing service, and I have a Ceratec bottle ready for it. Since the engine oil is only 3.5L, I am planning to add around 175/180ml of Ceratec.

Q1. Should I remove proportionate engine oil from the car before adding Ceratec, or should it be added on top of existing oil (without caring for going above the limit)

Q2. What can I do with remaining 120ml Ceratec?! Can I add it in Aviator scooter/Ninja 300 motorcycle?
LiquiMoly specifically state that Cera Tec should not be used with a wet clutch system.
mikem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 10:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Tried editing the previous post but ran out of time by the time I finished.

Ceratec is a good product. I put it in the Mk1 Octavia RS which had run around 50000KM at that time and there was a remarkable improvement in the engine smoothness. I bought it from ECS tuning since it was not available here then. Later also added it in the Crysta when the vehicle was new during the first oil change, since it was new I didn't notice much difference, seemed a bit silent thats it. Will be adding it again in the next oil change at 40,000Kms. Also added the gearbox additive in the rear differential early during the ownership period, just an open diff so no issues with lower friction.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 12:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies, guys. I will not add it to a wet clutch vehicle such as CVT scooter or motorcycle.

The service center is quite far from my house, and I don't trust them enough to hand over the Ceratec bottle and hope that they will add it. So my car is containing 3.5L oil now. I have to remove the excess 180ml oil now somehow by some siphoning method, and then add Ceratec. I will update my experience here.
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:47   #19
BHPian

I've ordered mine from Germany where it's sold at half price than India. I have couple of queries, My Figo 1.5 TDCI owners manual says, Engine oil - including the oil filter is 3.8 L but
Engine oil - excluding the oil filter is 3.4 L, so which volume to go with ?

I'll be visiting Ford for 40000 interval service in a month or so, they have been using mineral oil so far, can Createc be used with mineral oil based engine oils, or switching to synthetic will increase benefits of additive ?

Last edited by Thilak29 : 22nd March 2018 at 04:54.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

I'm using Ceratec and LiquiMoly engine oil in my Corolla and what a difference it has made to the refinement and mileage of the car. I honestly didn't expect such a huge difference with an additive.

Link to my review of Ceratec:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4341424 (Engine Oil Additive)
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:04   #21

Guys I have been reading about this product in various forums now. Seems to be a great one.

I moved recently from a Linea Classic Diesel to a VW Ameo Highline Plus Diesel. Don't ask me why!! The VW seems to be noisy when I am outside the car although the sound is well controlled inside.

My queries are:
1. Will this noticably reduce noise levels outside?
2. My car has run just 550km. Should I add this now or wait till the next oil change?

Thanks and looking forward to some advice.
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:05   #22
BHPian

I recently used CeraTec on Old Hyundai Tucson which has 1,30,000 clicks on it with Shell Helix hx5 mineral oil. Engine sound, nvh , In gear acceleration has improved noticeably. I am satisfied with the result money for the money spent even if it were to last only till the next oil change.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 23:59   #23
BHPian

Hi Arvind, I am very impressed with how objectively you have assessed the impact of this additive. Now I am seriously considering trying this out on my 5year old diesel elantra.

I am keenly following this thread.
Locomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 17:07   #24
DRC
BHPian

Very interesting read about the product.
Given that the dB scale and the vibration (m/s2) are logarithmic, 4 dB reduction is actually substantial difference. I would be curious to know how it holds over a period of time. Please do post a follow up. Thank you!
DRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 07:41   #25
BHPian

The Ceratec Friction Modifier sure is a little expensive. I am finally taking over servicing duties for the family beater 2009 Innova Diesel and it makes quite the racket while running so I've decided to do a engine flush plus a synthetic engine oil for now. Fully synthetic engine oil for the Innova at 7L capacity, costed me ₹4750 (Castrol). I'll have to buy 2 Ceratec bottles considering that 1 Ceratec bottle only works with 5L of oil which comes out to ₹4600 (Amazon) and it almost doubles the cost of my oil change. Even though I want to, it's just too expensive to put on the family beater considering that the effects won't last past the next oil change.

Please do share if there are any other products that can achieve a similar result (maybe not as good) but at a cheaper price.
Old 4th April 2018, 11:00   #26
BHPian

Hi,

Any further updates on the behaviour of the engine?

Best Regards,
Harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaravind007 View Post
Hello ike, you can reach the owner Mr.Khais at 09539330000. He is very helpful & knows a lot about the Liqui Moly product line. Give him a call.

That really looks awful! Apparently CeraTec increases the viscosity. So I guess it'll do more harm than good on cars that are less looked after. It'll be a nice idea to look for sludge in the car at an FNG or at home before adding CeraTec. Thanks for the heads up Leoshashi, I nearly made a family friend to add CeraTec to his less looked after Ford Ikon!

I also thought the same, CeraTec's effects will disappear the moment the oil is changed.

Conclusion: Next oil change cost = price of oil + price of filter + price of CeraTec + labor!
Old 4th April 2018, 14:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEphraim View Post
Guys I have been reading about this product in various forums now. Seems to be a great one.

I moved recently from a Linea Classic Diesel to a VW Ameo Highline Plus Diesel. Don't ask me why!! The VW seems to be noisy when I am outside the car although the sound is well controlled inside.

My queries are:
1. Will this noticably reduce noise levels outside?
2. My car has run just 550km. Should I add this now or wait till the next oil change?

Thanks and looking forward to some advice.
Hello RogerEphraim, it'll definitely help in improving the NV levels though I'm not sure about the extend of improvement mainly because your car is relatively new. VW engines are a known to be a bit noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
Hi Arvind, I am very impressed with how objectively you have assessed the impact of this additive. Now I am seriously considering trying this out on my 5year old diesel elantra.

I am keenly following this thread.
Hi Locomotive, thank you! Do try it out & let us know the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Very interesting read about the product.
Given that the dB scale and the vibration (m/s2) are logarithmic, 4 dB reduction is actually substantial difference. I would be curious to know how it holds over a period of time. Please do post a follow up. Thank you!
Hi DRC, will surely do a follow up post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
The Ceratec Friction Modifier sure is a little expensive. I am finally taking over servicing duties for the family beater 2009 Innova Diesel and it makes quite the racket while running so I've decided to do a engine flush plus a synthetic engine oil for now. Fully synthetic engine oil for the Innova at 7L capacity, costed me ₹4750 (Castrol). I'll have to buy 2 Ceratec bottles considering that 1 Ceratec bottle only works with 5L of oil which comes out to ₹4600 (Amazon) and it almost doubles the cost of my oil change. Even though I want to, it's just too expensive to put on the family beater considering that the effects won't last past the next oil change.

Please do share if there are any other products that can achieve a similar result (maybe not as good) but at a cheaper price.
You're right about the CeraTec being on the expensive side jalajprakash. However, the results are quite interesting. If something can reduce the wear on my engine on a car that is expensive, I'm ok with spending a bit more during the oil change - this could help in reducing the expenses that could arise later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshD View Post
Hi,

Any further updates on the behaviour of the engine?

Best Regards,
Harsh.
Hi HarshD, Nothing significant to report so far. I'll do a followup post after I crunch a bit more kilometers!
vsaravind007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 14:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaravind007 View Post
You're right about the CeraTec being on the expensive side jalajprakash. However, the results are quite interesting. If something can reduce the wear on my engine on a car that is expensive, I'm ok with spending a bit more during the oil change - this could help in reducing the expenses that could arise later.
I ended up trying the Engine Oil Treatment from Liqui-Moly since I was also doing the Engine Oil Flush and have achieved quite good results in the aspect of reducing harsh engine vibrations and noise. Is a much cheaper alternative to the Ceratec Friction modifier from the same company at Rs 350 for 5 litres.

Liqui Moly Engine Oil Treatment at Amazon

Review: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier in my Skoda Laura-713hdcqegpl._sl1500_.jpg
jalajprakash is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 18:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
I ended up trying the Engine Oil Treatment from Liqui-Moly since I was also doing the Engine Oil Flush and have achieved quite good results in the aspect of reducing harsh engine vibrations and noise. Is a much cheaper alternative to the Ceratec Friction modifier from the same company at Rs 350 for 5 litres.
Did you add this to the engine oil on top of the recommended oil capacity or did you remove 200ml and then add?
Old 5th April 2018, 19:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Did you add this to the engine oil on top of the recommended oil capacity or did you remove 200ml and then add?
I just added it on top of the recommended oil capacity when I changed the oil. Innova takes around 7L of oil. So I thought that a 2% difference in the total quantity would hardly matter.

Last edited by jalajprakash : 5th April 2018 at 19:44.
jalajprakash is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks