Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2015, 13:30   #46
BHPian

Re: Engine Oil Additive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
@csateesh - Can you mention what is the full name of this XADO product that you added ? "Xado 1 Stage Engine Revitalizant" ?
@Adi22 - I used the XADO 1 Stage Engine Revitizant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Xado or the Nano? Did you remove any oil before adding this?

The nano is just 30ml so you dont have to remove any oil.
@Captain Slow - It is a very small tube like you said so didn't even think about removing any oil

Hope the answers help
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 13:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

All engine oils are developed after comprehensive research and additives are added at the blending/manufacturing stage itself. Any addition at the users end is not at all required.
rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 11:40   #48
BHPian

All

Here is my feedback on XADO Gel

First week after 1100 km

Mileage of 17.1 kmpl

Engine Oil Additive-mileage1.png

Third week after the addition

Mileage of 16.8 kmpl

Engine Oil Additive-mileage2.png

Note : The 13.5kmpl was due to a trip across the city in peak traffic and wasn't the same route taken every week

Was so impressed that I have added the tube for my Swift VDi - Will post the findings
Old 15th March 2015, 08:07   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
All

Here is my feedback on XADO Gel

First week after 1100 km

Mileage of 17.1 kmpl

Was so impressed that I have added the tube for my Swift VDi - Will post the findings
WARNING: Fuel efficiency is increased through oil by reducing viscosity thereby reducing friction and as a result, improving fuel efficiency. Additives do not have any magic tricks that manufacturers or oil companies do not know. The increase in FE through this additive is the same as achieving the same fuel efficiency by changing to a lower viscosity. As is common knowledge, this comes with the certain risk of damage to your engine.

The additive, in this case, has obviously thinned your oil to give you the increased mileage. Other risks include breaking down of the oil particles in areas leading to increased metal to metal contact and resultant wear.

Manufacturers and oil companies arrive at the right viscosity ratings after prolonged tests. If there were such magical solutions, all manufacturers would recommend the same given the amounts and efforts spent on R&D to gain every miniscule increase in FE.

Instead, all they have to do is just ask everyone to buy a tube of additive.

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 15th March 2015 at 08:18.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 13:24   #50
BHPian

Moto ZFO has anybody tried it?

My mech recommends me to try Moto ZFO along with Addinol fully synthetic engine oil in my Esteem, Has anyone tired it?? He says this additive is very good for the engine and will increase mileage and power. Its very expensive 2.8k/100ml

Attaching a pic for referance

Engine Oil Additive-zfo.jpg
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:56   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Moto ZFO has anybody tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
My mech recommends me to try Moto ZFO along with Addinol fully synthetic engine oil in my Esteem, Has anyone tired it?? He says this additive is very good for the engine and will increase mileage and power. Its very expensive 2.8k/100ml
I tried STP oil additives back in the late 90s in our 1995 model family Esteem the 1.3L carburettor version. It did make a difference by increasing the viscosity of oil hence perceived engine smoothness, but reduced the eager to rev nature of that engine. Over the past 2 decades I've learned to stay far away from such products.

Buy a good synthetic or mineral engine oil and change it (plus the filter) at regular intervals. Since you're using synthetic it probably has all the additives required to keep your engine ticking.

Putting it simply in a sentence - don't waste your money on additives.

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd June 2016 at 19:57.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:37   #52
BHPian

Hi

While doing my engineering at Manipal, I used to own a Kawasaki Bajaj RTZ delta. Bought it 2nd hand with 18,500 kms on the clock (2 years old), I used it for 14 more years before tearfully bidding good bye to it. Apart from regular services and change of tyres, I went through two ring changes and one rebore.

Every 6 months I treated it with Nulon and the results I got were amazing. Ring change I maintained a 3000 kms run in period and when I got it rebored, I did a 6000 kms run in. The engine was in perfect condition till the last day.

To add a small bit of information, whenever I did long distance ride, I always added 100 ml of 2 T oil in the petrol tank, for that additional smoothness (now I feel bad at the thought of how much pollution would my smoking exhaust would have done)
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:35   #53
BHPian

Engine oil additive - TriboTEX - kickstarter

Hello guys, I was going through kickstarter and was looking through the different innovative products when I came across this product called TriboTex.

TriboTex is an engine oil additive and is supposed to be consisting of nano particles that cling to the moving parts of the engine and increase fuel efficiency among other. Below is a list of advantages that the product boasts of:

*Fuel economy performance increased by 8.6% in a car with 130K+ miles
*Pistons in your engine repair themselves as the TriboTEX coating goes to work
*Engine noise drops so low, your neighbors may not even hear your car in the AM
*Instantly adds 3% more power under your hood.

I would like to know what you all think about this.
Here is the link to the product - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-a/description

PS. I am not related to this project in any way. Just thought that this could be an interesting product.

Regards.
Ayan.
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:09   #54
BHPian

Hi, I was planning to use Liqui Moly Engine Oil Treatment for my '09 Swift diesel. It has run for about 1.5L km and is still being used quite a bit. Can anyone suggest if it's recommended to use additives and will it improve the engine's condition?

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2017, 21:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Hello guys, I was going through kickstarter and was looking through the different innovative products when I came across this product called TriboTex.

TriboTex is an engine oil additive and is supposed to be consisting of nano particles that cling to the moving parts of the engine and increase fuel efficiency among other. Below is a list of advantages that the product boasts of:

*Fuel economy performance increased by 8.6% in a car with 130K+ miles
*Pistons in your engine repair themselves as the TriboTEX coating goes to work
*Engine noise drops so low, your neighbors may not even hear your car in the AM
*Instantly adds 3% more power under your hood.

I would like to know what you all think about this.
Here is the link to the product - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-a/description

PS. I am not related to this project in any way. Just thought that this could be an interesting product.

Regards.
Ayan.
A scam, as usual. Just type in "Tribotex fraud" in Google search. The top 2 results are illuminating.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 23:36   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Hi, I was planning to use Liqui Moly Engine Oil Treatment for my '09 Swift diesel. It has run for about 1.5L km and is still being used quite a bit. Can anyone suggest if it's recommended to use additives and will it improve the engine's condition?

Thanks!
Best avoided. Use a good quality synthetic engine oil and that should be enough. Ceratec does work but then its too expensive, and the difference isn't that obvious.

Their gearbox additive is really nice though.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 9th November 2017 at 23:38.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 15:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Best avoided. Use a good quality synthetic engine oil and that should be enough. Ceratec does work but then its too expensive, and the difference isn't that obvious.

Their gearbox additive is really nice though.
Thanks! I'll check out the gearbox additive.
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:24   #58
BHPian

Re: Moto ZFO has anybody tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post

Attaching a pic for referance

Attachment 1520625
Dear S. Vats just came across your post, of adding additives with ADDINOL. It is not recommended by the company to add any type of additive with modern engine oils especially ADDINOL, it is made with close Cooperation with all major OEMs meeting and exceeding their requirements. According to my knowledge, they are technology partners for most of the Leading OEMs like MB, BMW, VW MTU VOLVO etc, and it is packed with additives, adding other additives with ADDINOL will only harm your engine as it will result in changes in the additive combination which has been developed from Germany.
Old 18th January 2018, 18:47   #59
Team-BHP Support

Just changed to Liquimoly 5w30 synthetic engine oil along with Ceratec in my altis. The car is nearly 9 years old and 72K kms.

The difference with just this change is amazing. Never has the car felt so smooth and refined after an oil change. The NVH has dropped, vibrations are lesser, engine feels less strained, harsh and buzzy at highway speeds.

Have done 2,500kms already after the oil change and it's just great.

Now since I did change to synthetic as well as Ceratec I cannot confidently say whether this is due to the change to synthetic or due to Ceratec. Only way to confirm would have been to move to synthetic first and then after 5000kms do an oil change with Ceratec.

Another reason I went with the Ceratec was that the oil is available in 4L cans and the corolla needs 4.3L oil. So I bought a 4L can and added 300ml Ceratec vs buying 2x4L cans or hunting for a 1L can.

Next time I'll have to figure out how to get 5L since Ceratec is good for 40-50K kms as per Liqui Moly. But with my cars low running the next oil change will be 2 years away, so not too worried about it
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just changed to Liquimoly 5w30 synthetic engine oil along with Ceratec in my altis. The car is nearly 9 years old and 72K kms.
How much did you pay for Ceratec?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks