Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:42   #61
BHPian

Re: Review: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier in my Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Hey Guys, I have 2012 Scorpio run. 1,27,000 kms. I am planning to use ceratec in the next oil change. Planning for shell 5w-40 and created. Scorpio takes 7 liters of engine oil, so should I use 300 ml + 100ml of ceratec, or is just 1 bottle enough?.

During the last engine oil change, I used a flush, since then there is harshness and noise, so I am thinking of flushing again and then put ceratec.
What do you feel?
Any updates anyone.
Planning to use Mobil Delvac 1 fully synthetic as it meets the recommended API CH-4 standards.
or is it better to try the cheaper Liqui Moly LMOA Engine Oil Treatment (200 ml)
Old 23rd September 2020, 13:29   #62
BHPian

My 2012 Scorpio Mhawk run 95,000 kms and is due for Oil Change.

I have been using Castrol MAGNATEC SUV FS 5W-40 from past 40K Kms (Oil Change every 9-10K Kms regularly) and the results are great.

Now would want to try any of these below oils -

1) Castrol Edge 5W-40 Advanced Fully Synthetic with Fluid Titanium Technology.
2) Mobil Super 3000 5W-30 full synthetic
3) liqui Moly 5w40 fully synthetic (Not sure about the right variant to use, Leichtlauf High Tech or Molygen or 4100 TopTec)

Along with also planning to try Ceratec engine oil additive with the above oil combination.

Suggestions Please on the Oil + Ceretac on Scorpio
Old 23rd September 2020, 15:30   #63
BHPian

Guys I have a 2018 Tata Nexon XZA (AMT)+ which has done just 16k kms.
As you know the NVH level is quite high despite Tata's efforts and vibrations at idle are not great.

Would Ceratec be helpful here (anyone tried on Tata Nexon?) and is it advisable to add with the car just run 16k kms?

Also I just had the Servicing done last week with Oil change (5L of Magnatec ProT 5W30 as per the SA).
Is it safe to add Ceratec now (Oil level is full and oil is new) or wait until next oil change (which will probably be another 8-10 months.

Lastly was unable to locate any supplies online, would you know anyone in Mumbai where to source it?

thanks !! cheers!!

Last edited by krish69 : 23rd September 2020 at 15:39.
Old 23rd September 2020, 18:34   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
Guys I have a 2018 Tata Nexon XZA (AMT)+ which has done just 16k kms.
As you know the NVH level is quite high despite Tata's efforts and vibrations at idle are not great.
Lastly was unable to locate any supplies online, would you know anyone in Mumbai where to source it?
thanks !! cheers!!
I would rather buy the Mos2 from liqui moly, its 125ml and as confirmed with them via mail the complete can can be added to the oil. I did the same in my car by using a ryle's tube to remove 125ml of oil from the dip stick and putting in the Mos2.
The bottle has a motorbike print on it and i was also not sure but i did write to liqui moly and they suggested it was perfectly ok to use in the car.
It did make my diesel car much more smoother and silent.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 15:34   #65

Hello, my vw polo 1.5 tdi (2016) is due service post 15k kms. I was planning to get liqui moly toptech 4100 but the service center guys refused stating they couldn't put outsourced oil in regular service and instead gave me a sweet deal of 2 annual services for inr 12500.

So I've went ahead and ordered liqui molly flush and ceratec anyway which they've agreed to.

I've always got my service done from vw service center at regular intervals, since they'll be using the vw oem oil is engine flush necessary for a 64k km run tdi?

Also, AFAIK, vw polo tdi required 4.3L of engine oil, should I put entire 300 ml ceratec and do I need to put 300ml less engine oil?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 1st August 2021, 22:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspirit View Post
Hello, my vw polo 1.5 tdi (2016) is due service post 15k kms. I was planning to get liqui moly toptech 4100 but the service center guys refused stating they couldn't put outsourced oil in regular service and instead gave me a sweet deal of 2 annual services for inr 12500.

So I've went ahead and ordered liqui molly flush and ceratec anyway which they've agreed to.

I've always got my service done from vw service center at regular intervals, since they'll be using the vw oem oil is engine flush necessary for a 64k km run tdi?

Also, AFAIK, vw polo tdi required 4.3L of engine oil, should I put entire 300 ml ceratec and do I need to put 300ml less engine oil?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Hey Woodspirit, over filling & under filling is bad for any engine. Total oil you put into the engine including any additives must not go beyond the oil quantity mandated by the manufacturer. If you want to put in 300mL of an additive to an engine that requires 5L, you must add 4.7L of oil & the 300mL of additive so that the total oil you put in stays at 5L.

Hope this helps!
vsaravind007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 04:18   #67
BHPian

I used Ceratec in my 2lakh kms run 2.2 D4D (135HP) TOYOTA engine.

Unfortunately, at the same time I poured one bottle of Seaform in the diesel tank too - so not sure which one did the trick:

There was this annoying knocking type noise that kicked in when accelerating, which also used to go away while revving very high (or may be it was too loud for me to notice).

Went on a long trip to the west (round trip of 800 miles) after a bottle of ceratec in the Engine and seafoam in fuel tank. The noise is all gone.

It's been 2.5 months after that and it hasn't come back so I guess it is Ceratec (was probably tappet noise and not the injectors). I use additives in diesel quite frequently though the noise never disappeared, so I am more inclined to believe it's Ceratec which did the trick.

Want to try out 'Restore' Engine restorer next. There is a convincing video of the same by Project Farm on Youtube.
Old 8th October 2021, 20:45   #68

I used Liqui Moily engine oil additive after my last service. The difference in engine smoothness was quite good.

This time decided to try Ceratech and the effect was almost immediate. The engine has gone smooth and quiet as well. And it’s only around 250 kms done post it. Mind you mine is a 2,97,000 kms done vehicle so quite impressed so far.
Will write a review after a few months more.

Have tried LiquiMolly diesel additive in the last S d there was zero difference. Surprisingly found the Indian made Iftex to be so much more effective in that regard especially when used with BP diesel. Mileage went up by 2 kms on checking with tankful method.
FortunerTRD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 07:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

I used the LiquiMoly Top Tec 4100 (in my 2017 Tata Nexon) which retails at Rs 7808 for 5 litres. Engine is butter smooth after use. Had picked up Ceratec along with it but didnt have courage to pour it in, fearing knocking. Any advise? I'll be completing 5 years and 60,000 Kms now, so post-warranty can try some experiments, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
There was this annoying knocking type noise that kicked in when accelerating
Review: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Friction Modifier in my Skoda Laura-img_7768.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 25th June 2023 at 22:39. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 12:27   #70
BHPian

In my case the knocking noise went away once Ceratec was used. I poured in another one this year as well after the yearly oil change. The noise never reappeared.

Good to hear about Liquimoly oil. Have been reading rave reviews about it on forums. Please update after 1000-1500 km as usually the engine sounds and runs better immediately after an oil change anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I used the LiquiMoly Top Tec 4100 (in my 2017 Tata Nexon) which retails at Rs 7808 for 5 litres. Engine is butter smooth after use. Had picked up Ceratec along with it but didnt have courage to pour it in, fearing knocking. Any advise? I'll be completing 5 years and 60,000 Kms now, so post-warranty can try some experiments, hopefully
Old 12th May 2023, 16:38   #71
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Ceratec works well for the intended purpose i.e. light polishing. Used it in my Santro Xing that was parked for nearly 4+ years. When it hit the road again, pollution levels were within limits but higher than expected from a car which had done just 19,000 KM. I took it again for pollution check after 5 months of average running of about 800 KM a month and reading came down to almost the same levels when car was relatively new.
Smoother running engine was added bonus to me.
Old 25th June 2023, 21:35   #72
BHPian

Added Liqui Moly Cera Tec during 100k service for my S-Cross 1.6. My S-cross was a 2017 model bought as a preowned car at 65k in odo. Throughout my ownership, I was not happy with engine refinement. I was looking to improve engine refinement and moved to Liqui Moly Toptec 4200 - synthetic oil during my last two oil changes. Improvements were marginal and I'm still not satisfied with engine refinement. When searching for oil additives, came across Cera Tec, most of the reviews were positive. Decided to bite the bullet and ordered Cera Tec.

My Observations after 4000km with Cera Tec.
  • Started noticing the improvements after 700 KM. After 1000 KM, you can literally feel the difference in NVH improvements.
  • Annoying diesel clatter has been significantly reduced, engine sound inside the cabin is a distant murmur now.
  • Engine smoothness has improved leaps and bounds. I'm completely satisfied with engine refinement. My expectation was not that high, I was looking to match engine smoothness to be as good as my previous Fords. Fords diesel's might be noisy but smooth, zero vibrations in steering, gear lever or any vibration felt inside the cabin. Pick up has improved a lot, particularly after 2000 RPM, earlier you can feel some restraint after 2000 RPM in lower gears, now it operates like a free flowing machine.
  • Zero change in mileage.

I have crossed 4k KM with Cera Tec and I'm happy to say that Cera Tec has transformed my ownership experience. To test whether it's a placebo effect or there are real improvements with the engine, I gave my S-Cross for a short trip to my Dad. I didn't say a word about oil change or added additives. As soon as Dad returned from the trip, he said that my S-Cross was driving like a petrol car .

To those who are looking to improve your engine, go for it, you will not regret it. I'm tempted to pour a second bottle of Cera Tec during my next oil change.
rainmaster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:51   #73
BHPian

Added Ceratec to my 2015 Ciaz Zdi in Aug 2021. At the time the car had about 53000 kms on the Odo. After about 200-300 km of drive I actually started to feel the difference. Engine refinement was much better. Pick up or acceleration felt better but not by a significant margin. The car stayed with me for another 25000 km with a absolutely trouble free ownership experience.
Now wondering if my New Safari can benefit from it. Any heads up on Safari and Ceratec combo is welcome. Thanks in Advance.
Old 22nd November 2023, 04:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

BUMP:

Did anyone use ceratec in the 1.3 diesel engine from fiat/maruti the one that is basically in all the diesel swift's? looking at using ceratec on the 1.3 scross.
Old 6th December 2023, 21:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
BUMP:

Did anyone use ceratec in the 1.3 diesel engine from fiat/maruti the one that is basically in all the diesel swift's? looking at using ceratec on the 1.3 scross.
Yup, I did it in my Ciaz ZDI. The results were good. Definitely not the placebo effect. The engine did sound a lot better and fuel efficiency a wee bit better ( I have maintained a log of all vehicles I have owned so far on an app called simply auto). It does take a few hundred kilometres before the effect is felt. When I added Ceratec, the engine oil had already done close to 1500 Km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks