Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:05   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Btw , where is this garage where ur sending ur car in for the spa-blah blah thingy ??
As I mentioned earlier, my girlfriend's elder brother has a garage and he will be handling my car.
As for my parts and oils, right next to the JBL showroom at bandra SV road, is Dhiraj Motor Stores. Young Vikas Shetty there, is a car lover, genuine parts storekeeper and offers a nice discount to me and my friends.
I have purchased each and every consumable, including the filters and oils from him.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... JBL showroom at bandra SV road, ...
BTW Sam I saw a huge JBL board on SV Road near Ville Parle even got a photo of it on my mobile.
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:16   #33
Team-BHP Support

Sam, wax polish whic one are you planning on. Get only the 3M one done. it's the only one which makes a difference and lasts.

Rudraji knows about that.
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:19   #34
BANNED

Oh MY GOD!!
Is the END very near??
I woke up with a very bad dream; Guys, the world is going to be doomed soon. With SAM going behind engine vengine and GTO sir buying new HUs (more shocking is he finds HUs very cheap), I am really scared. I peep back again, refresh and reload the page umpteen times. No result. This bad dream doesn't end. It gets worst as NAVINji also starts typing in about engine and fluids. And the worst happens, I see Mclaren1807 posting again on the forum!

After some murmurs from the better half for staring at the phone screen and not her, I come to the reality. No, it's for real. Dream! it's not!!

Sam, congrats for this brave decision and I would like to see the car being revved up the way it deserves to be. If GTO doesn't do it next time, I'm ready to come anytime and do it for you. SpeedRun is a perfect event for it too.

One thing came to mind; wouldn't it be nice to shampoo the interiors and do a polish for the dash etc..? Also put in a new JBL tissue box and hang a JBL car perfume thingy.
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
One thing came to mind; wouldn't it be nice to shampoo the interiors and do a polish for the dash etc..? Also put in a new JBL tissue box and hang a JBL car perfume thingy.
Ofcourse. After the unwanted hair is removed (Using 3M, point noted thanks)
The we shall take out my leather polish and lovingly polish the leather inside.

For those who might not have realised it, I have some really nice italian leather seats in the lancer. This leather was given to me as a gift by a friend that manufactures (read: stitches the leather that is sent to them from Italy and then sends it back) leather seats for a famous Italian Car Manufacturer that you guys often drool on. No I cannot name it here.
The surplus leather was then put together for the lancer.

And ofcourse, I shall polish the dashboard and trim, again. This is something I do quite often anyways. lemony fresh.

Unfortunately I have no JBL tissue boxes or car fresheners left. Some of you fellows got 2 or 3. Does anyone have one they can send to me?
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:35   #36
Team-BHP Support

I use leather conditioner from turtle wax. It says enriched with Aloe Vera, cocoa butter and lanolin to give leather a soft supple feel.

For the tyres If you can get Armorall it's the best. Rudraji recommended and they give the tyres a nice shine which lasts.
Old 23rd January 2007, 13:36   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Unfortunately I have no JBL tissue boxes left. Some of you fellows got 2 or 3. Does anyone have one they can send to me?
I might have 1 , let me check and get back to you ..
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:15   #38
BHPian

Sam while you are at it, why you you have the cars suspension also looked at. Also have the throttle body cleaned, will make a difference. No money has to be spent. Just some good ol baniyan cloth will do the trick.

Last edited by Sideways : 23rd January 2007 at 14:19.
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:39   #39
Team-BHP Support

*yup get those nuts and bolts in suspension tightened

*check those drive shaft boots (i think u already have it on list)

*get the brakes cleaned and maybe fluid drain and refill

*dont forget those belts that wind all around the engine, inspect and see if they need attention as well as other rubber hoses and stuff, these are the lil things that can cause awful amount of discomfort later

*clean those door hinges and lil bit of white grease, one thing i would suggest not to over indulge with

Old 23rd January 2007, 15:06   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Ummm.... ok, I suppose I have to buy them from Mitsubishi, for them to be factory fit. How much do they cost?
Could be between 3 - 6 grand for the OEM ones, depending on where you source them (after-market or authorised dealer).
Old 23rd January 2007, 15:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
*get the brakes cleaned and maybe fluid drain and refill
Did I not mention it earlier? *confused*

I intend to drain the brake fluid out entirely and replace with DOT4, TVS girling brake fuid, with the appropriate bleeding.
Old 23rd January 2007, 15:35   #42
Team-BHP Support

lol too interesting a topic that i couldnt resist while multi tasking at work and a man with short term memory, so entitled to such mistakes :P
Old 23rd January 2007, 15:51   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 288GTO View Post
Happy Birthday to your car Sam... btw does she have a name?
She does, but it's not repeatable in a decent forum like this...
Old 23rd January 2007, 16:26   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

" Come on, Sam....you educate us on audio, let us educate you on cars."
Guess Sam has taken up GTO's suggestion seriously ..

Some one who once famously said that "Anything that's not related to ICE doesnt count" is now taking care of the thing into which the ICE goes into ! Or, Sam, is it just incidental that the Lancer is getting special treatment .. ..

Last edited by condor : 23rd January 2007 at 16:27.
Old 23rd January 2007, 17:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It says enriched with Aloe Vera, cocoa butter and lanolin to give leather a soft supple feel.

Damn! by the sound of that, it sounds like something my wife wouldnt mind using!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks