Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 11:47   #76
BHPian

hi
Can we use the Tech2 to reprogram the ECU in a swift for better performance??Can we use the existing ecu, tuned for more performance, instead of going for an aftermarket standalone ecu??
Old 1st November 2007, 21:20   #77
BHPian

I don't think so the Tech2 can be used to reprogramme the ECU for better performance, and I have no idea if the existing ECU can be retuned for better performance. Mostly they are complicated to retune.

I guess aftermarket standalone/piggyback ECU is the only way sadly.

cya
A
Old 1st November 2007, 23:05   #78
BHPian

hi
in the site mentioned above for the Tech2, it clearly states that it can be used to reprogram the ECU...In what way i dont know ...So can we use this to create a new map for the ecu which is more performance oriented than economy??
It would be great if this is possible..
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:34   #79
BHPian

Someone at maruti once mentioned that they could change cam-timing with the scanner! No idea if it is possible.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

The Tech 2 is primarily used for reading and clearing error codes. It cannot used for programming the ECU. But it can be used for flashing the ECU with new firmware.
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:22   #81
BHPian

I was watching an episode on MOTORTV, donot really remember the name of the episode, but yea it was on DAVIS CARCHIP, and yea i liked it a lot, it can store i guess about 200+hrs of data and yea if uve given ur keys to ur frnd and with the CARCHIP connected, u can get details about what speeds ur friends been doin, what rpm etc............so in short its good.
Old 3rd November 2007, 01:04   #82
BHPian

Guys, I have a query. Is the ScanGauge II compatible with Opel vehicles ? and where can i find the OBD port on a opel corsa ?
Old 3rd November 2007, 15:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The Tech 2 is primarily used for reading and clearing error codes. It cannot used for programming the ECU. But it can be used for flashing the ECU with new firmware.
Yeah that's what I think too. I dont think so Maruti would change the settings (for performance or for economy) through the Tech2, that would mean fiddling with the OEM settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Someone at maruti once mentioned that they could change cam-timing with the scanner! No idea if it is possible.
Wow! I haven't heard this. But this sounds kinda impressive! But I've got mixed thoughts too. Like how I said above, Maruti wouldn't allow this to happen unless the cam timing is wrong or been changed, they would only change it back to the original setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Guys, I have a query. Is the ScanGauge II compatible with Opel vehicles ? and where can i find the OBD port on a opel corsa ?
I don't know! Try to search for the OBD port Near the clutch, near the passenger seat leg area.

cya
A
Old 4th November 2007, 02:50   #84
BHPian

@Absar: Nothing to do with Maruti. Just something the guy mentioned. Wether it will have a positive effect or not nobody knows.
Old 4th November 2007, 17:01   #85
BHPian

Does a Palio 1.9 D have OBD II (it is a 2005 model SP ELX version),
if yes, where is the socket/jack located? Also How much is the cost of SG in India? Is SG compatible to Palios
Old 6th November 2007, 04:13   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
if yes, where is the socket/jack located? Also How much is the cost of SG in India? Is SG compatible to Palios
hey rohit, I think u should PM "turbosam" about this, he's the Palio man.
chetanhanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2007, 17:22   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Any idea if the Verna CRDi is OBD- I compliant ? IS there any way i can verify this ?
I'm sorry you got your reply very late, that is now! Verna has an OBD-II port. Should be under the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Earlier in this thread someone posted about the fiat examiner, but wasn't sure if its through OBD. Should be probably OBD! Do ask turbosam and verify!

About SG's compatibility with Palio, I don't know! I'll check, that if you are able to find the OBD port and inform me about its location, I might try it on a family's Palio.

cya
A
Old 11th January 2008, 19:01   #88
BHPian

I got a Scangauge II from US to use in my Suzuki Baleno.

After trying & searching for a while I found that it doesn't work for Maruti vehicles - anybody interested for fitting in American cars let me know.
Old 14th January 2008, 15:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapen View Post
I got a Scangauge II from US to use in my Suzuki Baleno.

After trying & searching for a while I found that it doesn't work for Maruti vehicles - anybody interested for fitting in American cars let me know.
Can you post some pics/links to the device you have? And what is the cost?

- Jag
Old 14th January 2008, 17:45   #90
BHPian

ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t211692-4.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks