Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 11:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

Although I sold my Beat a year ago, I had replaced both bumpers from my FNG two years ago, he had sourced it from GM Spares Service (dont know how). Whats more, there was a clutch pedal related silent recall that GM had done few years back and my car had missed it (I was in BLR then and dad probably ignored the letter). Our FNG got it replaced from GM free of cost although he charged a few bucks for the efforts which was fine for my dad.

All in all, GM is taking good care of the cars with spares available for now. They still call me regularly for service reminders !
NiInJa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:37   #17
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

I own a 2010 Beat Petrol (LTZ), and have been maintaining it regularly at Shiva Motors Gzb.
I'm happy with the service quality, parts availability from GM.
Never felt the lack of parts etc. everything has been readily available, and the service personnel, do their job with utmost attention to the vehicle.

Parts changed since 2010:
Compressor
Cooling coil
brake pads (few times)
rear brake cylinders (once)
shockers (once)
swing arms (once)
spark plugs
spark plug cables(once)

And few other regular wear and tear items.
Clutch is showing signs of hardness after 10 years and 68K kms.

The vehicle has been serving us well for short market, gym runs, and is being used like a scooty.
My friends and me call my Beat 4wheel scooty :-)

The car was majorly used by my wife for her office runs, till the time we got her Nexon A/t, and this car has been serving me like a scooty since then.

I've had a few long drives with the vehicle.
Delhi to Eastern UP - 3-4 times
Delhi to McLeodganj
v_safari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Its a lovely car and have been completely hassle free. To be honest, if Chevy comes back to India, I might prefer buying my car from them again.
Chevy should definitely come back to India and sell their most appealing vehicles i.e., SUVs and Pick up trucks like Chevy Silverado. I really wish this happens in near future. They should also sell their Supercars like Corvette. I still remember when we walked into Chevy showroom to see the Forester, there was a Metallic Blue Corvette parked in the showroom, this was way back in 2004 or 05 in Hyderabad. They are great American cars, very well engineered but their rebranded chinese cars like Chevrolet Enjoy, etc were pretty bad in quality.
Old 11th January 2021, 11:49   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Any Cruze or Captiva owners in the Forum
My best friend has a Cruze LTZ AT 165 hp as his daily driver, I have also driven the car multiple times and over distances too. Other than FE, everything is good in the car, and the engine has been quite reliable so far, already nearing the six digit odo reading.

Once it faced an engine issue, but the head was replaced under warranty back then. Overall, every spare has been available so far and turn around time also has been quite good.

But yes, around May, the car ended up hitting a cow at decent speeds, and the parts like grille, bumper, headlamps, front windshield etc all required replacement. I remember not seeing the car for around 45 days back then, so, the cosmetic part supply isn't as strong maybe.
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:51   #20
BHPian

I think in general except for the price of the parts and unexpected occasional part failures, availability of part wasn't much of a concern for the owners.

Kudos to Chevi for that.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:22   #21
BHPian

As a owner of a nearly 10 year old Chevy Beat LT(O), my service experience has been very satisfactory, both with the Chevrolet ASS as well as Bosch.

There was once an incident during this lockdown period, where mice chewed through the fuel lines. The service center took a week to procure a replacement (from Pune) but it could also have been because of the different inter-state restrictions to movement.

Generally have been a happy owner and not really negatively impacted on the sales and parts availability end.
GreenerPlanet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:30   #22
BHPian

Take from someone who still has his 2012 Cruze LTZ - there's no shortage of parts. ive been getting my Cruze maintained by my trusted FNG, and the supervisor there himself commented on how easily available Chevy parts are.

On a related note, the Cruze has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. During it's nine-year ownership (and counting), it's only ever needed routine maintenance, and has never, ever let me down. There isn't a single rattle from this car, which is more than I can say for my extremely pampered F30 328i, which has a minor rattle from the front left door which crops up every now and then.

And then, there's my 2013 Altis,which during it's life with me has had a faulty fuel tank neck (which cracked), an engine racing issue in neutral, a failed AC compressor, water seeping into the cabin from faulty door seals, and generally doesn't feel as well built as the Cruze.
Both cars were bought around 2012 - 2013, both cars have clocked about 70,000 kms, and while the Cruze still feels rock-solid and hasn't lost any of it's performance (it still spins it's tyres in 2nd gear under heavy acceleration), the Altis that's been much more of a problem child when it comes to maintenance, and feels like cooked spaghetti when I drive it.

The Cruze has been a revelation in terms of reliability, and remains one of my favorite cars.
ghostrider is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:41   #23
BHPian

I have a Chevy Cruze 2016 LT. I have clocked more than a lakh of kms. Apart from the mind block that spares might not be available, there's nothing like owning a GM vehicle. It is safe, easy to maintain and in general trouble free if you can spot the niggles early enough. Cruze OE spares are very expensive though but, there's a lot of options available in the online portals. I also have become a part of an Whatsapp group where some of our members participate and the advantage is that I have information on all cruze spares suppliers pan india.
Planning to retain the cruze as long as possible as I cant think of a suitable substitute at this price point. A few years down the line, things might go different but nothing to gripe about as of now except, GM please come back with a new management and marketting team. The old ones suck.
Neil Roy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I also have become a part of an Whatsapp group where some of our members participate and the advantage is that I have information on all cruze spares suppliers pan india.
Any chance you could share details on how to join the group?
Old 11th January 2021, 12:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Any chance you could share details on how to join the group?
Sent you a PM as I dont know if I'll violate our community rules. Trust me, after joining it, I dont feel that insecure about owning the cruze anymore
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 13:05   #26
BHPian

We own a 2014 Chevy Enjoy LT (8 seater). So far it has been a niggle free ownership and we have been extremely satisfied with the vehicle. I have been doing all our periodic services at the authorized workshop only and that seems to be above average. I get periodic messages for the schemes that have been rolled out by the service centre and also reminder calls that my service is due. Last year my horn pad went kaput and i wasn't able to source it locally anywhere. Finally visited the service centre and was lucky that they had the part in stock. Very recently the power window switches on the driver side have broken. Its time to get the service done and visit the service center again. The only issue i have is with the service advisors who change so frequently and the new one who join have little knowledge.
InsaneSpeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 13:40   #27
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend who has a 2012 Cruze LTZ AT currently at 1,40,000 km.

He is using the car daily and gets it serviced at the ASC only. Spares are generally expensive on this car but he hasn't had any issues in sourcing them. A week-10 days is what even Renault takes sometimes for the Duster in smaller towns.

He had an AT solenoid failure recently. Parts from a totaled car were swapped saving him about 65 grand in expenses.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 14:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Our 2008 Sparky has run 70k KMs to date. Absolutely no problem to date and if I must say, these FNGs do a much better job than the Chevy A.S.S. I keep getting regular calls from the various FNGs (Shree Samarth, Motormechs etc) and part sourcing has never been an issue. Yes, sometimes the costs are prohibitively expensive but they do the job well and till date have not faced any issue.

Overall, a big to Chevrolet for keeping their aftersales maintained even after they left the country.
akash_v12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 15:30   #29
BHPian

I am trying to get my Chevrolet beat diesel back to shape. It has run 1 lakh KMs and I feel power loss as well as engine oil gets depleted real fast, so Much that I carry 3 L of engine oil and keep topping it up.. will be grateful if some one can share a reliable FNG in and around Bangalore.

In general I have found Chevrolet ASS to be pretty average and ready to flog the customers with random jobs.

Last edited by charanreddy : 11th January 2021 at 15:45.
Old 11th January 2021, 15:47   #30
BHPian

This is very nice to hear. They are commited to provide service and parts despite being out of the market for quite a bit.

Mitsubishi could learn a thing or two from GM.

P.S.: Should have bought that diesel AT Cruze instead of the Superb :(
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks