Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2021, 00:58   #46
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Buying a car for its expected resale value does not make any financial sense.

For insurance, I use some app to pick up what is cheap.
Considering the premium is just about 7k for this car, I don't see any reason to haggle with any agent.
Wasn’t discussing buying a Chevrolet, I’m saying that it’s unfortunate that exit of a brand from our market means lower than ever before prices for that brands cars, if you’re lucky to find a customer. Many Matiz owners have just had to keep their cars as nobody wants to buy a potential headache.

On the insurance, yes, I’ve done that too. However, it would be nice to had some choices which were not removed due to market exit of brand.
shreevishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 13:02   #47
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

One of our cars is the 2008 Chevrolet Uva. It has been used almost everyday and never has it broken down touch wood!

The only grudge is the notchy gear shift.. It has been regularly serviced as with our other cars. Routine parts have been changed as well as some parts of the suspension post 100k kms. I have always found the parts through my trusted garage who sources it either through the company or online. They have always come in 3-4 days if ordered and not available off the shelf.

Its really sad, chevrolet had some really good and reliable offerings let down by improper marketing, no brand build up etc
SN88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 16:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Jegan Nathan for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I recently serviced my Chevrolet Beat, Jan 2011 model, odo is at 1,71,824 km, at authorized Chevrolet outlet using Chevrolet promise service camp. My Beat had coolant failure issue, and was first diagnosed in 2017 when the odo was at 1,10,000 km, with mild leakage in the water pump. Managed to clock another 50,000 km after topping the coolant until 2020. The service advisor kept hinting at me to replace the coolant water pump during my last 2 services with them. They remember my car very well.

Recently the service has been transferred to a new dealer, and 2 of the old guys have joined here. So after receiving an email about the camp from Chevrolet last December, I went to the new provider and found these 2 old guys there. And I told them about the coolant issue. Last 2 months, there was a severe consumption of coolant, possible that the system gave up, so wish to change it now. He quickly said, "sir, your car was long due for this issue and at last you have decided to change it!"

Car was handed over on Dec 26th to diagnose parts that required to be changed. Same day, I took the car back by paying Rs. 5,000 as advance.

They placed an order during Jan first week. All parts arrived after Pongal holiday (20th Jan 2021). Water pump arrived on 25th Jan 2021. Gave the car to them on 25th, (26 Jan being a government holiday), I got the car on 28th Jan 2021.

I am fully satisfied with Chevrolet, both the car and the service offered by the brand!

I have gone through with spark plug misfiring cum replacement at 80,000 km on the odo, suspension replacement at 1.20 lakh on the odo, clutch replacement at 1.50 lakh on the do, and now coolant pump replacement at 1.70 lakh on the odo.

My car will now serve as a beater car for the next 5 years or 1 lakh kms easily without any fuzz.

Got a discount of 20% on labour and 15% on parts.
Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?-img20210128wa0044.jpg
ChiragM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 19:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

My previous car was a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze which I sold some 2.5 years ago with 1.3 lakh km under the belt. I am still receiving messages related to the airbag recalls and other bits for free of cost changes. So they seem to be doing well on following up for recalls too. They really don't have to bother with the recalls since they have now left India and has no plans to come back.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 29th January 2021 at 19:25.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 23:20   #50
BHPian

I am having a January 2016 Chevy Beat Petrol. Still now I get sms from the Chevy service centre for the service camps in my India mobile number(last sms was received in 2020 December). But I have to say it seems to have longer waiting period for the parts. And for any Chevy owner based out of Calcutta & adjacent areas, there is currently only one authorised service centre left. Location of that is also shifted to a different place than the earlier one(which is now converted to Tata). And this new one is not having a lot of the earlier mechanics. I could not do the wheel alignment also here, as they did not have the set up for the same! Recently my dad started doing the service of the Beat in a Mahindra first choice shop where one of the earlier mechanics from Chevy is working. But the experience with First Choice is not very good. They also procure the parts from Chevy authorised centre only, and it in turn increases the waiting time even more. I ordered just one ORVM glass in the Mahindra first choice, and even after one month did not receive it. Then ordered it from Amazon, got within two days & was a direct fit! So even though I would say it is a mixed bag, till now I did not have any major issues other than waiting a bit longer for the parts required.
And for the insurance bit, I did not face any issues.Till this year January(5th year of ownership), I had zero depreciation insurance without any problems. Last year I claimed for small dent & scratch in the front bumper. As per the service advisor, it would have taken long time to get a new bumper, so they did dent & scratch correction instead of changing the whole bumper. And now I am having comprehensive insurance (as zero depreciation insurance is unavailable after 5 years of registration).
Additionally I would love to mention that during idle & in the lower & mid rpms, the smoothness & NVH level of this petrol motor is really awesome.
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 05:46   #51
BHPian

As a owner of Chevrolet Tavera 2006 NY B2 BS3 Model I must say that till now the spare parts supply and the support from the authorised service center has been fabulous. At Least for me the service center in Kolkata Longia Motors located in Rashbehari has been supporting me tremendously. Recently the right hand driver seat which was bearing my weight since 2006 (I am getting fat ) was facing issues and I was able to successfully replace it with a new one. Will share the pictures as well.
sdg4wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 17:30   #52
BHPian

http://links.marketing-gm.com/servle...MwS2&mt=1&rt=0

Chevrolet has planned for service camp from 10th to 14th March 2021. Their last campaign was during December 2020, where I availed extensive coolant system overhaul for my Chevy beat. Current owners who wish to avail similar service at discount may register in the above link.

Last edited by jeganatu : 5th March 2021 at 17:32.
Old 13th April 2021, 16:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Completes Takata Airbag Recall Process In India

Chevrolet says its after-sales team has completed the inspection and replacement for more than 12,000 Cruze vehicles impacted by the Takata Airbag recall.

The recall process, which was announced on February 25, 2019, affected Cruze sedans which were built between 2009 and 2017.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 16:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Chevrolet Completes Takata Airbag Recall Process In India

Chevrolet says its after-sales team has completed the inspection and replacement for more than 12,000 Cruze vehicles impacted by the Takata Airbag recall.

The recall process, which was announced on February 25, 2019, affected Cruze sedans which were built between 2009 and 2017.

Source
As a Chevrolet Cruze owner I can confirm that this happened for my Cruze.
Though the ASS at Thane did not have this part and I could not wait 3-4 days as I had to travel by road however, in Delhi while at a random visit at one of the Chevy ASS, they voluntarily offered to replace it without me even asking. Quite impressive for a brand no longer in India
superutp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 11:14   #55
Team-BHP Support

The rear left hand side seatbelt had an issue. It was not retractable anymore.

Chevrolet dealers were giving me a run around saying it's not a common part and no one anyways uses a seatbelt.

Luckily I found this on Boodmo.
Love their app. They shipped the part and I got it within 10 days.

It's a perfect match and is OEM.

I am planning to order one more seatbelt for the right hand side rear seat as well. This is retracting but it's a little slower compared to the other seatbelts.

I think the usage of child seats has caused this issue.
The front seatbelts are fine.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 12:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4wheels View Post
At Least for me the service center in Kolkata Longia Motors located in Rashbehari has been supporting me tremendously.
I would agree with this. We have a 2009 Tavera. Sure, at times the spare parts takes days to arrive. But I think Longia Motors mostly do a good job. So happy to have left behind the dreadful Dulichand Motors. They seem to service Tata cars now. Don't know how how many cars they are ruining.

If one has the time to wait for the parts to arrive here in Kolkata from Pune, the it's usually a trouble free experience.
Old 28th July 2021, 17:32   #57
BHPian

Chevrolet India sends this below email to all its registered owners.

Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?-unnamed.jpg

"Chevrolet continues to serve its customers by providing great service, exceptional care and peace of mind.

For all our customers, we are organising the Chevrolet Monsoon Camp soon. You can avail many benefits during the camp.

You may also call us at our helpline number 1800 208 8080, write in to us at gmi.cac@gm.com or visit our website at www.chevrolet.co.in.

Stay Tuned!
Register below and stay updated about the Chevrolet Monsoon Camp."
Below is the link of authorised service centers that will handle the monsoon camp.

https://www.pages02.net/Marketing-GM...E2NTY0NjE3NgS2
jeganatu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Not bad for a company that left the country 4 years back!
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Chevrolet India sends this below email to all its registered owners.

For all our customers, we are organising the Chevrolet Monsoon Camp soon. You can avail many benefits during the camp.

https://www.pages02.net/Marketing-GM...E2NTY0NjE3NgS2
I utilized this camp on 18-Jul. Got Gear Shift lever assy and Clutch cable changed. Confirmed for parts availability a day before; work was done in 2 hrs.

Reason for part change :
Shift Lever : Knob had cracked and boot PVC layer had disintegrated.
Clutch cable : Gear shifting was hard, cable had lost tension. SA recommended cable change. Post-change shifting improved significantly.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

I am planning to order one more seatbelt for the right hand side rear seat as well. This is retracting but it's a little slower compared to the other seatbelts.

I think the usage of child seats has caused this issue.
The front seatbelts are fine.
I don't think that change is necessary just watch this video and try.

pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks