Old 16th April 2007, 23:34   #16
BHPian

what do you mean by the engines die instantly
Old 17th April 2007, 17:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
My uncle has a 2006 toyota carolla that has done barely 5000km

1.5L of diesel in the car after that he poured 30L of petrol in the car on top of it
what has to be done now?
The car was driver for max 10Km so is the engine damaged in the process??
And what the cost invloved in get the car health back to normal

The car will be taken to pioneer toyota tomorrow so my question is that should we drive it or tow in to the dealer
relax!!!!

Just use up this fuel and refill good petrol.

Remember,you realised there was 1.5L diesel in the Tank.What happens when you fill in adulterated petrol without realising?something worse,of course.

So take it easy..kuch nahi hoga.
Old 17th April 2007, 18:10   #18
BHPian

Been there done that! About a year back a petrol pump attendent pumped diesel into my petrol Indica. Fault was partly mine as I was a bit distracted that day so did not catch the mixup. Anyways, it drove for about 1 km after which the engine began to sound as if it was being strangled. My house was less than 2 km from the pump, and I managed to somehow "drive" it home. Called the TATA services people who towed it to the services station and drain and cleaned the engine. No permanent effect.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Ok guys. I need immediate help here.
As I am writing this, I am sitting on highway 24 at BP Pump. They had just poured 4 Lt. Petrol in my diesel Indica and now their manager is saying that he would get a technician to clean up the tank, dry it and re fill it with diesel and mix some engine oil.
I am stuck here and the nearest TATA Service center is about 50 KM away.....Can I belive him?
Old 5th June 2007, 12:22   #20
BHPian

hey guys do not worry, if you have tank fill which is approx 26-28 ltr and if you have mistakly filled 4-5 lts wrong fule, it will not harm that much.
I have myself twice filled 4-5 ltrs diesel in my Zen MPFI , i usually tank fill my car myself, i do not allow pump guy to fill patrol in my car. it never given me any problem after filling wrong fuel. After all the adultrated fule we get at petrol pumps, i think the engines are tunned to it.
By the way why we always says Petrol Pump and not diesel pump.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:23   #21
BHPian

no no.. just ask some technician from TATA to come along or talk to TATA technician about what is the technician will be doing so it will be clear and once done get it to TATA service center and service it..
Old 5th June 2007, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Sell the car, buy a diesel one instead. It's the best way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. Just kidding. Drain the tank, get the fuel lines and injectors cleaned. That should do it.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:39   #23
BHPian

I did talk to couple of TATA authorised guys in Noida (Shah Motors) and Gurgaon(Dhingra Motors) and Dhinga guy said that cleaning up the tank will be enough. But Shah motors said that not to take any chance and car may catch up the fire, if turned on......I do not think so but eveybody is giving their own answeres.
I am thinking to let the local tech clean and dry the tank, refill it again and drive to the nearest tata center and get it checked completely like engine, filters, etc. What do you guys think?
Old 5th June 2007, 12:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

A little off topic but considering the kind of morons that work at the petrol pumps in our country, shouldn't petrol and diesel nozzles be different so that a petrol nozzle CANNOT be inserted into a diesel fuel tank and vice versa so that even the biggest moron can't make a mistake like this?
Old 5th June 2007, 12:45   #25
BHPian

yes that is gud, let the local tech clean and dry the tank, refill it and take it to the nearest TATA center check it completely...
Old 5th June 2007, 13:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

For self driven vehicles, going forward please get down from the seat and ensure you get the right fuel and the right quantity.
Old 5th June 2007, 13:20   #27
Team-BHP Support

drain the fuel and put new diesel, donot crank the engine till then
Old 5th June 2007, 16:20   #28
BHPian

Thanks to all BHPians,
Got the tank drained, cleaned the filter, injectors, pipes etc. Waited for half an hour to get every dry, re fill the tank with fresh diesel and driven 50 KM so far, no issues.
Biggest point was the behaviour of the Petrol Pump manager. He offered me snacks, made me relax and all this job was done by his technician, I didn't have to pay a single penny. He also re filled the tank without charging anything extra, its good.
Going to get the car checked by TATA workshop soon and will post any update later on
Old 5th June 2007, 16:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
hey guys do not worry, if you have tank fill which is approx 26-28 ltr and if you have mistakly filled 4-5 lts wrong fule, it will not harm that much.
I have myself twice filled 4-5 ltrs diesel in my Zen MPFI , i usually tank fill my car myself, i do not allow pump guy to fill patrol in my car. it never given me any problem after filling wrong fuel. After all the adultrated fule we get at petrol pumps, i think the engines are tunned to it.
By the way why we always says Petrol Pump and not diesel pump.
Hey, there is a lot of difference between filling Diesel in a Petrol car and Petrol in a Diesel car.

Diesel in a petrol car is not a big problem. Petrol in a diesel car can have very serious consequences. Please check the links in earlier posts on the same thread.

What you say holds good for Petrol cars NOT Diesel cars. Please be careful while doling out such advice. :-)
Old 5th June 2007, 23:39   #30
BHPian

@rlather : it is true if you feel up petrol in diesel car, it might get fired.

but if you put diesel in petrol car so there are changes of damaging piston but no firing up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks