Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2021, 23:45   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul9229 View Post
It happened just after refuel and they didn't clean the fuel tank or replace any fuel .

I had a similar issue with power windows. They found the motor defective and changed it . You can complain to your service centre for both the issues.
I did go to the service center and they said the power window issue is a calibration problem. I'll ask them that to check for a defective motor in case it reoccurs.

As for the automatically folding ORVMs which fold/unfold once in two trips randomly, he said sir you should test it some more and then come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Do they suspect water contamination in the fuel? It could be possible since some of the reported EPC issues have been caused immediately after refueling. I used to run a petrol pump and have seen many cases of fuel pump failure due to water ingress. Most of these happen when its raining and the car is wet coming into the pump. It causes water dripping into the fuel inlet even if refueling happens under a covered canopy. European cars are notoriously sensitive to these drops of water in our experience. Some cars have the fuel inlet in a better designed recess so that water will not drip inside, but not sure about the Kushaq.

This issue has been reported by multiple users. Also couple of people have reported that the ORVMs close and open on its own during driving.
Would you know about the resolution given by Skoda ASS for the ORVM and the auto down power window issues? Did they replace the motor for the ORVM?

Last edited by Eddy : 11th September 2021 at 00:45. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 11th September 2021, 00:15   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
Would you know about the resolution given by Skoda ASS for the ORVM and the auto down power window issues? Did they replace the motor for the ORVM?
Generally, these issues don't demand ORVM motor replacement. If the mirrors are folding of their own accord, then it's due to commands from the BCM. A software update should sort the issue out assuming nothing is physically wrong with the BCM.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 06:58   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Generally, these issues don't demand ORVM motor replacement. If the mirrors are folding of their own accord, then it's due to commands from the BCM. A software update should sort the issue out assuming nothing is physically wrong with the BCM.
Update your infotainment system (using phone data possible), this will most probably resolve the ORVM issue, I saw the similar think in my TD car, and recently someone reported on FB group as well, but when we matched software version, his was old, once he updated it, this issue no longer came.

PS: ORVM auto fold only when someone pass near by.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 09:11   #229
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

I have never even driven a VAG car till now, but from the various gremlins that are popping up like the dreaded EPC error (in a very erratic fashion), ORVMS having a mind of their own etc, I have a feeling the issue is not mechanical but electronics or electrical based. It could most probably be a critical sensor(s) that is faulty or the Car's computer overreacting to a specific combination of sensor inputs that occurred while driving or maybe even a wiring issue.
Did a basic google search and got a list of reasons that can caise EPC error.

It seems that any issue related to the Engine and specifically power delivery as well as Braking/steering can cause EPC error

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210911090219_brave2.jpg

Last edited by ZenMaster : 11th September 2021 at 09:12. Reason: Typo
Old 11th September 2021, 12:39   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I have heard from a dealer personnel that there is a delay in shipping of Kushaq from the factory. This is apparently due to applying a fix (fuel pump replacement or similar) for the EPC issue. Now, this could very well be usual dealer BS, but I hope this is true.
This is encouraging news if true. This means Skoda has done the right thing in rapidly diagnosing the issue, finding a fix and making sure no futher cars are shipped out without the root cause being fixed. The number of cars that need to be recalled, for applying the same fix, wil not increase day by day and the problem will be of a manageable size that can be dealt with in a reasonable period.

If in the interim, for those cars already shipped, if the solution for avoiding the issue is indeed to fill premium fuel, Skoda can consider giving some vouchers to make up for the increased cost of premium fuel only to those customers who have already taken delivery. This will be a nice goodwill measure and also avoid any futher issues until the fix is rolled out to those cars already on the roads in the coming weeks.
Old 11th September 2021, 16:16   #231
BHPian

Was given to understand by some one in the know of this within the VW group that the problem has stemmed from OEM parts. When I asked if it was one part or more than one, the person was tight lipped but said that could be 2 and was not sure. Also mentioned that it is being addressed as we speak and they will release a statement soon.

Zac Hollis - If you are reading this, could you please release a statement expeditiously. It will go a long was to put this matter to rest and ease the minds of your current and potential customers.
Old 12th September 2021, 11:18   #232
BHPian

A few months ago my friend (RG( was in a dilemma. He had booked a Creta but was waiting for the Kushaq. Yet another one (RC) had booked an Ecosport but was again waiting for the Kushaq.

When RG asked me, I told him to just go ahead with Creta. I hadn't driven one but knowing the preferences of RG for certain plushness and playsafe nature, I told him so.

To RC, I told that he may not have much to choose within the budget and maintaining a Ford would be far easier and cheaper, and of course being a time tested product, safer too. I had never driven a Creta until then and had driven Ecosport for about 15kms during test drives; this along with my interaction with other Ford owners and the Skoda horror stories read on this forum helped in making the suggestions which I did.

As it spanned out, the preview of Kushaq was out when both RG and RC were deliberating on their decisions and they stuck to their bookings and took delivery. In the hindsight, I feel vindicated as even if I had just spoken in favour of Kushaq I would have lost face.

Oh btw, I drove the Creta just a wee bit and it felt nowhere as solid as the Ecosport. But it gives a Big feel which many "SUV" owners look for. As for Ford shutting shop, I see that less of a concern as Ecosport has sold in fair numbers for support to continue until End of Life; and Ford buyers don't buy one with resale in mind.
Old 12th September 2021, 16:39   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Update your infotainment system (using phone data possible), this will most probably resolve the ORVM issue, I saw the similar think in my TD car, and recently someone reported on FB group as well, but when we matched software version, his was old, once he updated it, this issue no longer came.

PS: ORVM auto fold only when someone pass near by.
Infotainment software updated but randomly closing ORVM and driver side power window issues still persist. I also used to think that ORVM folds when something comes very near to it but that is not the case. Looks like Kushaq is infected by some mad cow virus.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 22:43   #234
BHPian

Skoda lemons are probably more common than you think. My relative's Kodiaq has had so many issues that even the dealership couldn't figure out how to get the car running, and they almost refused to fix it under warranty. It sat at the repair centre for a while.

Some of the problems I remember are all four wheel rims cracking, the brakes failing, electronics failing, etc. Is this really the "premium" experience Skoda India is always bragging about?

My relative's 2014 Xuv500 gave her fewer problems than this 45 lac SUV. Imagine that.
fakenews is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 23:17   #235
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Red Kushaq broken down on the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway tonight. Could see the owner with the car, probably waiting for RSA to arrive.

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-026a259b7f4142978ca9ee8ece3e336c.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th September 2021 at 23:56. Reason: Image cropped. Thanks
coolboy007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 07:28   #236
Team-BHP Support

Although the 1.5 initially had less issues reported due to delayed deliveries, it is also certainly affected by the EPC / fuel pump issue. Another case -

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210913000154_facebook.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 08:36   #237
BHPian

Do they have a permanent fix yet? It's surprising how tight lipped Skoda is on something that could very well kill Kushaq (and Taigun) sales and bring curtains to VAG innings in India! It's been at least a month since these issues began and I would have expected an official announcement by now (apart from twitter that is). Also surprising that they have continued production while they don't have a fix yet! Sadly, at this rate, I expect the HQ to pull the plug on their India operations soon.
Old 13th September 2021, 09:15   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
It's been at least a month since these issues began and I would have expected an official announcement by now (apart from twitter that is).
The usually responsive brand director has gone very silent in the past few weeks, even on twitter. Looks like they are not ready for an official announcement or statement yet.

One silver lining through all this - is that the infamous Skoda service network has received many praises for their work.

For example - In this new case - the car broke down in Vellore (200 kms away) and the owner had to take a taxi back to Bangalore. The service center replaced the fuel pump and delivered the car back in Bangalore.

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210913000415_facebook.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th September 2021 at 09:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 09:45   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One silver lining through all this - is that the infamous Skoda service network has received many praises for their work.
For example - In this new case - the car broke down in Vellore (200 kms away) and the owner had to take a taxi back to Bangalore. The service center replaced the fuel pump and delivered the car back in Bangalore.
That's good to see! Still, it somehow feels like this is just trial and error on Skoda's part and they're waiting to see whether the replaced fuel pumps are reliable or not. Also, for a new fuel pump to be available in stock at service centers for a brand new car seems like they have anticipated frequent breakdowns on the car, and have accordingly kept them stocked at all service centers! Owners should be mentally prepared for another breakdown IMO.
Old 13th September 2021, 17:30   #240

Update

I just got a call from skoda representative that my car has been fitted with the new updated fuel pump and will be delivered in the evening. He also mentioned that an official statement on the issue is coming out tomorrow including a recall for all vehicles running the faulty fuel pump sensors. Let's see if it's true. I'm sure they will not do a recall without having an actual working solution. Hoping for the best.
Rahul9229 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks