Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2021, 17:46   #166
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
Now the Kushaq and Taigun stand nowhere. No Quality and Fit and finish of the Rapid and cramped boot and rear seat yet priced at par with the Hector.
Now so many issues of the Kushaq are cropping up. Skoda should correct their brains and fix the prices of their cars ASAP. Skoda and VW are just doing one or the other mistakes again and again.
At least SKODA AND VW are trying to survive in India. Looks like Ford has given up already. I am a little worried about my Ecosport now.

As far as Kushaq and Taigun are concerned, I have a feeling that these two will do more harm than good for both manufacturers. After the launch of XUV700, I don't think Taigun will ever do 5000 per month on sales charts, as expected by VW. I have already advised one of my friends to put his plans for Kushaq and Taigun on hold and wait for XUV700, as it seems more VFM along with being technically superior.
itsbaman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 17:53   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Having owned Two Skoda cars in the past 12 years now, I can tell you that this is very unlike Skoda and goes to show that they should have ironed out the kinks in the car well before launch. In my Yeti and my Laura, even now, the EPC light had never even once come on and I was never stranded anywhere (touchwood) but those cars were of a different quality level and league altogether. I was afraid this might happen and that is why I had given the Kushaq a pass, even after booking it.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 19:05   #168
BHPian

I was very excited when VAG planned to launch C-SUV ( above 4 meter ) under India 2.0. I also advocated and tried to justify ( to myself and the community ) the premium pricing and OK-ish Interior fit and finish. I may have been categorized as a Fanboy by many.
I was planing to get 1.5 TSI DSG ( didn't finalize between Kushaq or Taigun yet ). Knowing that I would opt for Skoda or VW, I had metally prepared myself for probably DSG failure once or twice and the after sales service. And hoped to get a typical VAG C-SUV.
Unfortunately, that excitement and enthusiasm is dying down now . Niggles, electronic issues on a new car is somewhat expected. But a new car breaking down is something to another level. I don't buy the point that the EPC issue occurred only on few cars. Frankly, we don't have correct numbers or the reason why this happens. I think this is another ticking bomb ( just like the DSG ) and may happen to every Kushaq / Taigun owner. Its just a matter of time. I hope I'm wrong here.

Change of plan:
I still want to drive that 1.5 TSI + DSG. So, I'll wait for an year. Hope that VAG resolves these issues and we get a better finished facelift versions ( with increased price ).
Will keep a close watch on this thread for all the positive and negative experiences.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 19:36   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
With all due respect to the European giants, we have owned 3 Marutis - from the humble 800 to the S-Cross - but there never has been a case of any of our cars giving up mid way. Respect where due, please.
Karma strikes back - better check if your S cross is part of the recall

P.S. I've had flawless experiences with both Maruti and Volkswagen over 7-8 year ownership periods. Now at 700 km with the Kushaq with fingers crossed all the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210905192028_chrome.jpg  

JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 20:12   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Karma strikes back - better check if your S cross is part of the recall
Come-on! You want to invoke karma for a proactive recall by a manufacturer versus cars stalling mid way!

BTW, my S-Cross is 6 years old and does not qualify (touch wood).

Good luck and wishing you many many miles of happiness with the Kushaq

Last edited by pannags : 5th September 2021 at 20:15. Reason: Additional Content
pannags is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 20:14   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Classic example of paranoia in my view. I give you your right to be paranoid - but having had punctures on the Poona bypass near Chandni Chowk due to a nearby tyre wala sprinkling nails on the highway, if I were so worried about being looted or raped on a lonely road, I would not assume that a reliable car will prevent that from happening
(The following points are not direct reply for the qouted post. A few are. A few aren't. Just some random thoughts.)

1) Changing a flat tyre takes typically 15 minutes for me. Changing a fuel pump may take weeks.

2) We can still drive to a safer place with a flat tyre (of course, at the cost of the tyre and the wheel rim. But at least, we can ). The same is not the case with a fuel pump failure or some engine related issue.

3) Most cars today have a TPMS. We aren't really caught unawares till the last minute.

4) Even if something really bad doesn't happen, the loss of face the husband/father/son faces when he is ridiculed in his family for making a 'poor choice' and getting them stranded in the middle of the road in his brand new car which he bought despite stiff resistance from the family: -this will continue for life. This incident will be resurrected during every argument, big or small, to score brownie points.

5) A typical auto company CEO changes his job faster than most of us change cars. Our association with his company will probably be longer than his. Let us read those tweets with this in mind.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 6th September 2021 at 05:16. Reason: Let's be a little more sensitive
Geta is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 20:48   #172
BHPian

I certainly hope that VW is taking note of all the issues being reported in Skoda Kushaq 1L TSI variants specifically and they deliver their cars with the issues fixed.

Skoda being the first mover in the India 2.0 was expected to be at an advantage to VW initially but these issues have diminished all the efforts made by the company and Zac Hollis to change their image in India. They should have stopped production of new cars until a fix for the EPC issue was found and issued a recall for the cars delivered. Customers would have gracefully accepted this giving a benefit of doubt to the new platform developed.

VW Taigun does look to have better interiors compared to Kushaq, may be its just an illusion but to me Taigun interiors look more appealing to the eyes than the Kushaq. They just need to fix all issues before they start delivering by Sept last week.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 23:03   #173
BANNED

I need a reliable car and not one which breaks down in the middle of nowhere. I think you haven't experienced any breakdowns as such in lonely pro dangerous locations. A reliable car can definitely provide a much safer atmosphere than an unreliable car. Atleast you can be moving without stopping anywhere rather than getting stranded and become a duck. Never seen such an insensitive post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Classic example of paranoia in my view. I give you your right to be paranoid - but having had punctures on the Poona bypass near Chandni Chowk due to a nearby tyre wala sprinkling nails on the highway, if I were so worried about being looted or raped on a lonely road, I would not assume that a reliable car will prevent that from happening.

A car breaking down is an inconvenience. For some it is an acceptable inconvenience, for others it is not. Skoda needs to solve this problem. But acting as if one is going to be looted, raped or murdered because one buys a car which is marginally less reliable than some other brand is carrying things too far.

The number of irrational posts in this thread does make me wonder about what drives some of these posts. First you had people talking as if the Kushaq is a tiny car - closer in size to the Venue than to the Creta - because it is 75 mm shorter and 30 mm narrower than the Creta, ignoring the fact that it is 225 mm longer than the Venue; and that the knee room in the rear seat of the Kushaq is as good or better than that in the Creta. Then in addition to justifiable cribs about the inconvenience caused to buyers of the Kushaq due to the EPC errors, you have folks acting as if it is going to cost your life - while justifying or ignoring Kia’s decision to derate the Seltos for India and make it less safe. Then you have people cribbing about sheet metal damage due to ramming into bullock carts at high speed or into a scooter just after taking delivery. May be I am sounding paranoid too - but it does make me wonder.
overtaker is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 06:26   #174

I have been painfully going through this thread and for the last 5 or 6 pages, I am sorry to say, there is no substance. I would really like to know has any BHPian encountered this EPC issue. It would help a lot of current or prospective buyers know the issues from a personal experience and may be clarify some doubts to avoid this situation.
Also it would help if the current owners can pitch in that they have been doing right that they did not encounter this issue like the fuel type they have been using (consistencies and inconsistencies), driving style etc. I think that would greatly help.
JB_BLR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 10:44   #175
BHPian

Emotions are running high! That being said owners would be disappointed with a new car having a breakdown. Niggles,fit and finish,etc are expected but breakdowns are not. I think Skoda should announce an official recall now which would be much better with being just a month or so of the launch. Or are they thinking new/existing booking would be affected if at all they announce the recall?
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 13:38   #176
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 14:50   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

However why would someone drive in a remote place at 1AM with mom and wife even if it was a Land Cruiser?
Since it was a Kushaq it probably broke down earlier in the day forcing them to travel at 1AM.

Just sayin'.
amol4184 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:03   #178
Team-BHP Support

Interestingly, as per the Kushaq user manual - an EPC warning light shouldn't cause a vehicle to breakdown and the owner should be able to drive the car to the garage in emergency mode 'exercising appropriate caution'.

And on a related note - Zac Hollis and Skoda team has been responding to queries acknowledging that a 'handful of users' have been facing 'an EPC warning light', and not that owners are having vehicle breakdowns.

From the owner's manual-

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210905222308_adobe-acrobat.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th September 2021 at 15:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 16:03   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Interestingly, as per the Kushaq user manual - an EPC warning light shouldn't cause a vehicle to breakdown and the owner should be able to drive the car to the garage in emergency mode 'exercising appropriate caution'.
But we've seen many Kushaq on flatbed with owners claiming the cars just stalled. For folks who suffered and got it fixed, any idea what was the fix? I presume, fuel pumps were replaced. If so, what might have caused the pump to fail? Is it bad fuel, poor QC or something else?
Old 6th September 2021, 16:27   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Exactly as @shady_lawyer mentioned, since this forum has dedicated threads for niggles of a vehicle, shall we all request the Moderators to move the EPC error related posts to a new thread so that it could benefit many?
Dear Moderators,
Thank you very much for hearing out, clearing the air and generating this new thread.

Now, let's all hope that Skoda India pays heed to this thread and rectify this forsaken error once and for all.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks