Team-BHP - Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/28532-finding-vin-manufacturing-date-year-indian-cars-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1594878)
Production Date : 2009-11-02

Wildon, How are you getting the date of manufacturing? Hope there is no illegal methods used to get this info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnagarajs (Post 1602807)
Hi Wildon,

As I have changed the color to medium grey, the new VIN, which I have got from the dealer is : MCA11031709010123JPZ

Please decode it for me.

Thanks.

Nag

JPZ = September 2009
K = October 2009
L = November 2009
M = December 2009

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimi (Post 1602865)
Wildon, How are you getting the date of manufacturing? Hope there is no illegal methods used to get this info!

Are you asking the proof for the legality ?! don't worry i'm keeping that proof safely with me. You know what i mean if you really know :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1594878)
MODEL NAME : Verna
Production Date : 2009-11-02

wildon: You are giving exact production date for other brands. Why not for my Fiat Linea whose VIN is MCA 11071609010205JPZ?

At present i'm unable to get that details from the VIN. What i can do additionally for FIAT VIN number is to provide the Engine no: too till production date July 2009.

Edit: Also i'm not sure whether its correct or not (Engine No)

Thanks a lot, wildon, for the information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1602989)
Are you asking the proof for the legality ?! don't worry i'm keeping that proof safely with me. You know what i mean if you really know :)

I am not able to understand what you meant. But if you are using legal means, why dont you share it (how you get the date of manufacturing) with all of us in Team-BHP?

Why you peiople are worried about the source. Just give the engine no/chasis no and he will tell the manf date etc details. Anyhow even if you get the source you will not be opening any software company company. So forget about the source and ask your manf date. This will be best IMO rather than asking him everytime and in every post and he getting frustrated and if he stops telling the details then it will be a big task for many of us. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 1574581)
Sorry, I lifted the chassis number from the sale invoice as I thought it will be the same as the VIN number! I have since checked under the hood and the number is stamped as MA3EYD81S01381489-D9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1574758)
^^^ The Production Month of this Vehicle is April 2009.

MA3= Maruti Suzuki India
EYD81S = Engine/Varient used for Alto cars.
01381489 = Serial Number
D= April
9= Year 2009

Let see if i can cough up more details from the VIN if i get the right tools.

Hi wildon,

Were you able to find the date of mfg and/or any other details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshirekar (Post 1601955)
Thanks Wildon, great work :-)

Does not it tell month of production? I got the vehicle delivered on 20th Aug 2007 after a month long wait, so was curious to know whether it was freshly produced or the dealer arranged old one from the stock.

Ciao

VIN: TMBBSG1Z87A152895
Production Date: 10.08.2007
Engine No: 202071

Can you please check your car/documents to confirm the engine no please

Thanks Wildon.

Engine number is correct, it is BXE202071.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 725539)
why do u want to decode them? give me the numbers. i might help u. i can decode them.

I had some problems with my new FIAT LINEA, and many team-BHPians suggested me to decode and check the chasis number for manufacturing details. Could you please help me? The chasis number is 09007602FPZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijipillai (Post 1608182)
I had some problems with my new FIAT LINEA, and many team-BHPians suggested me to decode and check the chasis number for manufacturing details. Could you please help me? The chasis number is 09007602FPZ

Your VIN is MCA11071609007602 FPZ

Model Name: Linea
Version: Emotion Pack
Main Version : V3
Engine Version: 1.4 MPI 16 Volt
Fuel : Petrol
Engine No : 7005512
Production : June 2009

@kshirekar

Thanks for the confirmation clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanG

MALBB51BR9Mxxxxxx

MODEL NAME : i20
TRIM : ASTA
MODEL YEAR : 2009
BODY TYPE : Wagon
ENGINE : 1.2L-KAPPA
ENGINE TYPE : DOHC-MPI
FUEL : Unleaded gasolin
T/A TYPE : 5 speed MT-2WD
PRODUCTION DATE : 13-11-2009
INTERIOR COLOR : 9R
EXTERIOR COLOR : 1F (BERRY RED)

Hi have engine and chassis no for the innova. Can u help me with the manufacturing date pls Chassis no 7194779 & Engine No 6401335 thanks

A proper decoding method is not found yet for toyota, but for easy understanding check the boot and there will be a sticker like Frame No. Mxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx. The last for digits are the manufacturing month and year. If its like 1009 then it represents October 2009. Please do check and confirm.