Team-BHP - Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/28532-finding-vin-manufacturing-date-year-indian-cars-7.html)

Hi All,

I have attached a pdf file using which you can decode your HYUNDAI cars VIN numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 1540217)
Wildon, Can you please decode the following VIN?

MALCM41VR7M008703

MODEL NAME: Verna
MODEL YEAR: 2007
Model GRADE: MCI
BODY TYPE: 4 door
ENGINE TYPE: Diesel 1.5 CRDI
T/A TYPE: 5 speed MT-2WD
Production Date: 2006-12-02
Distributor: N1206
INTERIOR COLOR: AR
EXTERIOR COLOR: H2

Thanks a lot wildon. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rideon (Post 1540201)
The month is June. The 10th digit represents the Year of Manufacture, the 11th is the Plant code (for internal use) and the 12th is the month. A through M. Please note that 'I' is not used. Hence from the number F would be June.

Cheers!

Thanks a Ton RIDEON for your quick response.

This thread rocks with you and WILDON sorting out VIN decoding requests !!!

Dear Wildon, Can you please decode the following VIN?

MAJBXXMRJB9K42038

I have booked Ford Fiesta and I was given this VIN by the dealer as my vehicle's number.

Regards,

Sivakumar

Hi

I have a Altis purchased last week. the VIN code is MBJ53ZEE207611874

Can someone decode the month and year please.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Ramesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1968chensaro (Post 1541167)
Dear Wildon, Can you please decode the following VIN?

MAJBXXMRJB9K42038

Manufacturer Identifier: MAJ (Ford India)
Body Type:
Line: M
Assembly Plant: R
Model: Fiesta
Year: 2009
Month: K (october)
Production Sequence: 32038

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkc15 (Post 1517374)
Guys, I need your help in decoding this VIN of a new Civic. I did look at the wiki and couldn't figure out month of manufacture.

VIN: MAKFD163J9N300102

I think the last 6 digits represent the serial number. So I tried to correlate to 2009's sales figures, but it does not sound right. The number of Civics sold in 2009 adds upto 4285 (as per karpusv's Jan-Sep 2009 sales sheet).

Is it possible that its an old production reassembled to a face-lifted Civic ? I know I'm being paranoid here :Frustrati (I assume it would still get a new manufacturing date)

From other posts about month being A - M (excluding I) your check digit J is for Sept and mine (which is K) is for Oct - so confirmed for me too :)

Hi wild on and other friends. The last three alphabets of my Punto's chasis are HPZ what does that mean which month? Is it okay to take this vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1549633)
Hi wild on and other friends. The last three alphabets of my Punto's chasis are HPZ what does that mean which month? Is it okay to take this vehicle?

HPZ - August 2009.
You can take it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1549633)

Check for the chasis no of other GP's also, as what you have given is H(August 2009) make. Find out whether they are having vehicles which starts from J(September) or K(October), if so ask for the vehicles of latest series. i.e K

As check the below codes to find out the Trim level of GP

11815B0 = 1.2 8V E3 65CV/48KW ACTIVE
11825C0 = 1.4 16V E3 95CV/70KW DYNAMIC
11835C0 = 1.4 16V E3 95CV/70KW EMOTION
1185AC0 = 1.4 16V E3 95CV/70KW EMOTION PACK

1181550 = 1.3 16V E3 75CV/55KW ACTIVE
1182550 = 1.3 16V E3 75CV/55KW DYNAMIC
1183550 = 1.3 16V E3 75CV/55KW EMOTION
118A550= 1.3 16V E3 75CV/55KW EMOTION PACK

Actually this is the latest, its not stock they ordered it directly from factory. Thats strange factory is supplying a August model. But anyway what the heck i'll be buying in october so who cares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1550578)
Actually this is the latest, its not stock they ordered it directly from factory. Thats strange factory is supplying a August model. But anyway what the heck i'll be buying in october so who cares.

Normally the car reaches the factory warehouse imediately after manufacturing. Here it stays for 15-20 days before being shipped to the respective dealer or zonal warehouse. Also the colour makes the diffrence. In Punto Red, Black and Silver are fast moving colours while Grey,Blue and White are not so. This is absolutely normal and you can take the car. However T-BHP PDI checklist is available.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1541741)
Manufacturer Identifier: MAJ (Ford India)
Body Type:
Line: M
Assembly Plant: R
Model: Fiesta
Year: 2009
Month: K (october)
Production Sequence: 32038

+
I understand that Ford do not follow the same system of alphabetical order for months i.e A for Jan, B for Feb likewise. Believe they have a different calculation (I have seen in one of the thread wherein frankmehta was given the decoding of VIN for Ford vehicles.

FYI, My car which is having the letter ''G'' which means (as per above explanation) July ? However all documents to the RTO, the dealer mentioned the year of manufacturing as ''August'' and not
''july''- some one can doublechek on this?:Frustrati

Thanks

Can someone please decode this VIN no. for me MAT61229YF0**** .Last four digits here (****) stand for chassis number.